Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "THANKS Concierge!" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Today was an absolutely nutty day, starting off with a 5 hour delay that had a massive ripple effect with the rest of my itinerary.

A massively huge thank you to every member of the concierge team who touched my file today. Every effort was made to get me back on my original itinerary, and I hit the jackpot when one of the flights I was going to misconnect on ended up being delayed because they were waiting for deadheading pilots. Those same pilots were on my flight

Yes, I see the huge value in the Concierge team when there's IRROPS. It definitely beats waiting behind the long queue of customers who are looking to be rebooked.

And I was finally able to put a face to some of their names....and I found a few in YYZ :-)
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Today was an absolutely nutty day, starting off with a 5 hour delay that had a massive ripple effect with the rest of my itinerary.

A massively huge thank you to every member of the concierge team who touched my file today. Every effort was made to get me back on my original itinerary, and I hit the jackpot when one of the flights I was going to misconnect on ended up being delayed because they were waiting for deadheading pilots. Those same pilots were on my flight

Yes, I see the huge value in the Concierge team when there's IRROPS. It definitely beats waiting behind the long queue of customers who are looking to be rebooked.

And I was finally able to put a face to some of their names....and I found a few in YYZ :-)
Were you flying with philelite by any chance?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Were you flying with philelite by any chance?
Nope. I haven't seen him all day. Unless he's hiding somewhere...

Edit: I've seen at least one other guy who has flown into YQT (last flight) and out of YQT (first flight) so I can imagine a few EYW'ers cycling through every weekend here. I would never go to YQT for any other reason so there you go AC....mission accomplished ... We help fill your useless routes

Last edited by CanRulez; Jul 16, 2016 at 3:25 am
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I like to do a big Shout out to Daniel the concierge in EWR. Yesterday there were numerous cancelled and delayed flights including mine.

Daniel was extremely professional and helpful with helping me out. He was in constant communication with me and ensured I was looked after

Due to the length of the delays I was able to observe and hear Daniel not only look after Air Canada’s top customers, I also watched him look after many non status customers as he worked the customer service desk.

I positioned myself between two gates near the customer service desk where I was able to observe and listen to many angry and frustrated customers. I saw Daniel and the team do a great job, they spoke calmly and sincerely to many of the less than happy customers. Not all of the customers appear to be appreciative of the agents help, but many were as I saw smiles and heard thank you's from many folk. These agents did a great job, smiling and helping.

Daniel and his outstanding customer car made things better not only for me, but for so many of Air Canada's customers.

Great Job and thank you ^

Last edited by HerpaYvr; Jul 19, 2016 at 7:32 pm
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
I like to do a big Shout out to Daniel the concierge in EWR.
I had no idea that EWR had a concierge. ^
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by j_the_p
I had no idea that EWR had a concierge. ^
They have two! Last year Fransico was also a big help and I wrote in on him also. I have been impressed with EWR and they are finishing the last of the touches for an AC MLL also!
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
A big ^ to the YEG concierge team.

I was recently booked on a late afternoon YEG-YYZ flight. In the morning the YEG concierge team sent me an e-mail telling me that my flight later that day was expected to be delayed and that they had protected me on the earlier flight in case I was interested.

While taking the earlier flight didn't work based on my schedule, I very much appreciated the gesture and awesome customer service.^
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LTPP, Avis +
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
I like to do a big Shout out to Daniel the concierge in EWR. Yesterday there were numerous cancelled and delayed flights including mine.

Daniel was extremely professional and helpful with helping me out. He was in constant communication with me and ensured I was looked after

Due to the length of the delays I was able to observe and hear Daniel not only look after Air Canada’s top customers, I also watched him look after many non status customers as he worked the customer service desk.

I positioned myself between two gates near the customer service desk where I was able to observe and listen to many angry and frustrated customers. I saw Daniel and the team do a great job, they spoke calmly and sincerely to many of the less than happy customers. Not all of the customers appear to be appreciative of the agents help, but many were as I saw smiles and heard thank you's from many folk. These agents did a great job, smiling and helping.

Daniel and his outstanding customer car made things better not only for me, but for so many of Air Canada's customers.

Great Job and thank you ^
I doubly agree. EWR concierge has been awesome!
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Thank you Helene (?) in YOW for working with us to salvage some EYW flying.

Lots of Rapidair in my near future.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC S100K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Was stuck in YYG for 5 hours yesterday morning on the way to YYZ. Called Concierge and spoke to Cara, who immediately tried to rebook me through YUL and then on WS direct to YYZ, both to no avail as the other flights were already closed. Then reserved a seat on the later flight to YYZ just in case 1709 was further delayed.

Cara wasn't able to get me out any quicker, but tried really hard on my behalf and followed up every step. My sincere appreciation to her for her efforts, really all one can ask for. Thank you, Cara!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by pifloyd
Was stuck in YYG for 5 hours yesterday morning on the way to YYZ. Called Concierge and spoke to Cara, who immediately tried to rebook me through YUL and then on WS direct to YYZ, both to no avail as the other flights were already closed. Then reserved a seat on the later flight to YYZ just in case 1709 was further delayed.

Cara wasn't able to get me out any quicker, but tried really hard on my behalf and followed up every step. My sincere appreciation to her for her efforts, really all one can ask for. Thank you, Cara!
Being in a few situations myself throughout the years, I would agree 100%! Sometimes there isn't anything that can be done, but if they try and if they follow-up I'm a very happy person.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
Thank you Margaret from YYZ! Great surprise today being chauffeured in the BMW 7 series for my connection to MAD!

the whole story here

Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
August 25/16 YVR

A couple of the YVR Concierges (one had a Lead Agent tag - not sure of the difference) were very proactive in getting J and Y passengers switched from AC132 and AC1136 onto the delayed 1162 (A 789) on Thursday, August 24. It got me home 30 mins sooner.

Sure, they were gruff and were hustling flustered volunteers from 48 and 49 to Gate 47, but I know they wanted to get that flight out (It was delayed a couple of hrs already due to a compressor issue).
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Want to thank the YYZ concierge team for going above and beyond to get me out of Greece yesterday.

At 2am local time when it became evident that Aegean would fly me from HER-ATH at 6:30am, Elizabeth found me a routing that probably violated MCT, gave me a upgrade to J from PE (because she put me on a A330 ex AMS, I recall threads on here complaining about PE pax being put in Y when PE became unavailable), got me a segment ticketed on Aegean (ATH-AMS) when I couldn't even reach them by phone, and most importantly got me home on time.

These are the experiences that really make me value SE.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Thank you to Boris in ORD this week! ORD-YYZ flight was canceled and email notification didn't go out until late. Boris called and left a message asking if we could get on earlier flight out. We showed up at airport 20 minutes before departure time and he called us up to front of line, gave BPs, and we were on our way. Otherwise, would have been 4 hours later than original arrival time. Much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.