FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "THANKS Concierge!" thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:20 pm
ffsim

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Got a couple impressive secondhand stories from a colleague I figured I'd share.

Colleague flew YUL-LAX today, and due to what can only be attributed to the sheer excitement of taking his MM-crossing flight, he forgot the key to a car he keeps in LA at his home in YUL. By the time he realizes this, it's too late to overnight it to him and with the provincial holiday weekend, he doesn't stand much of a chance to get the key before Tuesday, right in time for his flight home.

Enter the YUL concierge team. My colleague's daughter is bringing the key to the concierge, who'll then give it to the SD for one of tomorrow's flights to LAX who'll in turn hand it off to the LAX concierge. Despite only knowing about Flyertalk through my own lack of productivity at the office, he insists I should "share THAT on FT."

In giving me the play-by-play on this story, he went on to tell me about another time they helped out on a simple YUL-LAS flight where someone in his travel party had forgotten their passport in YYZ. He was switched onto a YUL-YYZ-LAS routing and the passport was retrieved by its owner's building security and driven to YYZ by car service. A concierge met the car curb-side and delivered the passport to the YUL-YYZ arrival gate. They made their transborder connection and went on to arrive in LAS where the rest of the YUL-LAS party had arrived about 20 minutes earlier.

Despite a knack for forgetting things in the wrong cities, he says, "the best part of SE100 is concierge."