Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2023 Aeroplan Elite Status Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2022, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
2023 Benefits Update

There are very few changes to the program for 2023, except at the 35K level; see the first few posts of the thread for details.

For information on 2022 benefits, please see this thread.

Key updates:
  • Several changes to 35K
    • No more MLL access (from June 1)
    • Additional eUps for Select Privilege
    • Priority baggage handling (AC flights only)
    • Expanded Priority Rewards
  • 50K and up get access to Virgin Australia lounges
  • December 15 deadline to be approved for a Premium CC to enjoy rollover benefits

Ongoing Benefits With Dedicated Threads

Many benefits stay fairly consistent from year to year and have dedicated threads with detailed information. For questions and information on these topics, please visit these threads rather than posting here:
Print Wikipost

2023 Aeroplan Elite Status Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2023, 8:20 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by spacedflyer
Originally Posted by yulscs
Apologies if this has been asked before. For the Elite Status Bonus, do points earned from partner airlines use the same tier-based percentages as AC flights? I flew LX and AC on the same day last week, and got 75% for the AC, matching my 75K status, but 50% for the LX segment. So I looked at the wording on the benefit, which is "earn a bonus" (emphasis mine) on partner flights, so maybe OS, SN, LH, and LX have different levels of partiticipation, but I couldn't find anything authoritative. Now I'm not going to quibble over (checks notes) 12 points, but it would be nice to understand how it works.
OS, SN, LH and LX only give 25% for the Select bonus at 50K, but maybe higher at higher tiers.
Has always been 25% across the board for LH group, as explained here.
canadiancow, Bohemian1 and yulscs like this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 9:10 am

Chose my select benefits for 50k about 2 weeks ago (not early recognition - I held off on choosing for 2023 until I had a better sense of my travel plans).

50% bonus points posted almost immediately, but the 20 eUps still haven't appeared in my account. I called Aeroplan yesterday to enquire. The agent agreed it was strange as they should post within 24-72 hours, so she called someone else (unclear whom) and escalated to a supervisor (via email) who was supposed to call me back with a resolution. Does anyone else have experience with select benefit eUps taking their sweet time to land your account? Any suggestions?
Old Oct 30, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Aeroplan
Does AC send tags to international aeroplan members? Quite a long way from being vital, but wouldn't complain as they do look nice. Currently at 35k but soon to hit 50k.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
I'm making a reward booking as a 75k for a trip in March 2024. If I make SE by the end of 2023, can I able to make changes to this booking without a fee in January as a SE?
Old Oct 31, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by xinzhang5228
I'm making a reward booking as a 75k for a trip in March 2024. If I make SE by the end of 2023, can I able to make changes to this booking without a fee in January as a SE?
I asked this question upthread and apparently the answer is yes, it's status at the time of requesting the cancellation or change, not status at the time of booking.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC E75K (*G) | Mariott Platinum | Hilton Gold | Nexus
Singapore Bonus point offer prevents Status Bonus Points

Was considering a trip to Singapore with the introduction of the new route from Vancouver and some decent fares. I received an email this morning for a bonus offer of 5K, 10K, or 15K Aeroplan points (I cant post links yet but it is listed under special offers on the aircanada site). In the terms it mentions Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion, including for certainty, points earned in conjunction with the Aeroplan EliteTM Status bonus which are expressly excluded from this Offer. I called aeroplan and they confirmed that signing up for the promotion will prevent me from receiving the bonus aeroplan points from the select benefit.

My only guess is that they want to prevent too lucrative of a mileage run from being possible because it otherwise seems very punitive to Elites (anyone E50K and above can easily be short changed from even normal earnings). At the very least the supervisor said this was her first time seeing this condition in 20 years so hopefully this not a permanent part of promotions going forward. Thought it would be interesting to share to forum to warn others and see if anyone had any insight into if this stipulation would become a permanent fixture of aeroplan promotions and potentially whatever Black Friday deals come out.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 4:16 pm

Programs: AC SE
Select 2023 benefits, again?

Anyone else have this? I selected benefits in January but the option is open again.
Any guesses what would happen if I now picked E50k gift and wifi? Would they revert my 100% bonus and eupgrades? All eupgrades are committed right now..
I'm at 96,392 miles and 16k SQD so it's not like I passed the SE threshold already.

Old Nov 21, 2023, 6:21 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E35K
Lounge pass expiry?

I havent yet selected my 25K select benefits for this year yet. If I selected lounge passes today, would they expire at the end of this year or 1 year from today?
Old Nov 21, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: AC 75K
They’re only good for the benefit year.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Currently 75K picked lower requal. Wont hit 75K again, sitting at 41 segments. Am I good to just go for 45 segments to get 50K, or should I go for 50 to be sure?
Old Nov 23, 2023, 10:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
DP: I just received notice that I have qualified for 25K for next year via 100,000 EDQ.
I wasnt expecting this until January.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 10:19 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
Currently 75K picked lower requal. Wont hit 75K again, sitting at 41 segments. Am I good to just go for 45 segments to get 50K, or should I go for 50 to be sure?
You only need 45 segments. You are likely aware, but you do need the usual SQD requirements for 50K.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
If you select 2,500 SQM for purchasing flight pass, when are the miles desposited?

Hi Folks! Need your help here. I am S100K member. I selected my 2023 package in early October. I chose the 2,500 SQM for eligible flight passes. This year, I purchased two 10-credit flight passes in April and again in September. How long does it take for SQM to be deposited? It has been seven weeks and nothing. What should I do?
Old Nov 25, 2023, 10:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
My understanding is there are two scenarios:
  • Limited (i.e. 10 flight) passes - bonus SQM deposited once the pass is all used up.
  • Unlimited (i.e. monthly) passes - bonus SQM deposited with each the monthly payment (and monthly listed SQM such as 10k, 15k, 20k).
Old Nov 25, 2023, 10:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
I had a similar situation and the miles did not post automatically. I had to write in. It took a couple of months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.