Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Dear Super Elites,

In typical Air Canada fashion, FAs still have ZERO idea about this perk. As such, you will need to be proactive about this perk if you want to benefit from it. There is a very high likelihood that you will not be offered anything if you do not inquire.

Be prepared to be met with a big fat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yyzn.

Print Wikipost

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP

Free drink and snack for Super Elite members flying in Y once AC Bistro starts up again...

"Beginning when we reintroduce Air Canada Bistro service onboard, and subject to the product selection available, Aeroplan Super Elite Members can enjoy one free alcoholic beverage and one free snack item when travelling on Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada Rouge in Economy Class. Note that alcoholic beverages up to a value of $6.95 are eligible, and meal and fresh snack options (such as sandwiches and salads) are not."
Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If they bring back EYW, the free drink and snack will be nice. Otherwise it's just yet another reason to not buy J on short flights.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments (https://onemileatatime.com/air-canad...snack-economy/)

Is this accurate?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments (https://onemileatatime.com/air-canad...snack-economy/)

Is this accurate?
Seems to be!

https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...enefits_en.pdf
Old Oct 26, 2020, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC SE
Take note of your title being plural and in the benefits it being singular...The 7 drinks for free that some will hope for will not be the case
mileageking and Plumber like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Only 9 years behind AA and 2 years behind United
Symmetre, gcashin and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
I would rather have free wifi (that is not a benefit option)
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:00 pm

Programs: AC 75k
For the novices like me, is a maybe $40 of free drinks honestly a big deal to SE holders? As a comparison, I happily go outside the MLL if I want an actual meal (which with a drink costs that much) to avoid the MLL "food" offering .
Am I an outlier?
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
For the novices like me, is a maybe $40 of free drinks honestly a big deal to SE holders? As a comparison, I happily go outside the MLL if I want an actual meal (which with a drink costs that much) to avoid the MLL "food" offering .
Am I an outlier?
I could probably create a 100-page presentation on this topic, but here are two perspectives:

1) the "rational" argument:

We all need to eat and drink. How much is a free drink and snack worth? Multiple drinks and snacks? Free flowing drinks and a solid selection of snacks and real food?

Each person will put a different price tag on benefits such as lounge access, a "free" drink/snack etc., but let's say most FFers will value the above anywhere between $5 and $100.

Multiply that by the number of flights an average SE takes per year (in Y), and the figure may comprise a non-insignificant % of the money spent on airfare per year.

2) the "emotional" argument:

Some FFers like the idea of not being nickel-and dimed. Some may feel special if they get something others don't. A free drink and snack may be the only positive thing in a FFer's day. For many a drink (or two) entails a sense of relaxation etc.

FWIW, I have booked many high-end / luxury trips/cruises for clients, and given a choice between a $10000 cruise and a $10500 cruise that includes drinks (everything else being equal), 9/10 will choose the latter.
Bohemian1, martyYOW and kalderlake like this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
I like this as it will make the flight attendants thank the SE for there loyalty. If I am taking a shorter flight and getting to eat an air Canada pizza will be better then going to the lounge for food. Does the drinks stack up, if I book comfort and SE do I get 2 drinks?
Old Oct 28, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: AC*SE & 2MM/Bonvoy Gold/HHonors Diamond
Here is my take

I find a lot of these perks (free drinks, etc) great when I am NOT traveling for work. If I am on a personal trip, it is a real benefit. I am sure many of us get to expense BOB or whatever we eat while on the road.

How I can take a trip with my wife and we can enjoy some inexpensive Y class wine (If we don't fly in J) and save a few bucks.

That is a nice value-add
x-gator likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I'm in the not wanting to be nickeled and dimed camp.

And while yes, I could expense things, there is some upper limit. Its all nods and winks and billed through so no one cares except that one guy... Id just as soon stock up on "free" things, airline and hotel lounges, and play the price is right expense game with actually quality product (nothing in any airport anywhere qualifying)
Old Oct 28, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Anyone know if this applies to AC express? Notably any AC flights without a J cabin...
Old Oct 28, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Anyone know if this applies to AC express? Notably any AC flights without a J cabin...
Mainline, express and rouge, although I suspect it's only available on flights that offer BOB.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Better than nothing at all.
IIRC, many of us expressed strong interest in this the last few years, and now we have it. (well, eventually)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.