Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Dear Super Elites,

In typical Air Canada fashion, FAs still have ZERO idea about this perk. As such, you will need to be proactive about this perk if you want to benefit from it. There is a very high likelihood that you will not be offered anything if you do not inquire.

Be prepared to be met with a big fat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yyzn.

Print Wikipost

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2021, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
On the app it is clearly labeled bistro and from the app you had a link to this PDF: https://www.aircanada.com/content/da..._cafe_menu.pdf

But it was still called bistro

It was MCO-YUL AC925

I can't see it back in the app since flight is past
And they offered you the service on board, collecting payment and distributing food?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by canadiancow
And they offered you the service on board, collecting payment and distributing food?
No, only prepaid, that why it wasn't clear between bistro and "full bistro".

I still got a beer so I'm happy
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So is bistro service back or not then?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by yyznomad
So is bistro service back or not then?
You get Bistro Service on the plane if you preorder pre-flight
But as SE you don't get a free drink until the full-bistro-service-where-you-can-order-on-the-plane is back.

So expensive for AC to give a free beer to each SE on board
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
You get Bistro Service on the plane if you preorder pre-flight
But as SE you don't get a free drink until the full-bistro-service-where-you-can-order-on-the-plane is back.

So expensive for AC to give a free beer to each SE on board
Right. The problem with stuff like COVID is that policy vs common sense will always clash. Arguably this is the norm of societal life in regular times as well.
But perhaps that is perception driven. If AC brought back "official" FT lurkers (you know, ones tasked to actually respond to FT customers and maybe even on social media, like the hotel forum lurkers dedicated to responding on FT), then stuff like this wouldn't be left to our imagination based on marginal anecdotal experiences/evidence, or relying on the quasi vagueness of other FTers who have some semblance of an inside track on AC's inner stuff being intentionally vague with legitimate rationale to do so (or maybe not).

So if you're saying that the prepaid/preorder bistro service isn't really bistro service, even though it has been noted that "bistro" and "prepaid" are in the same sentence, then I guess... I don't know? donkawonk.
mileageking and theBeachBoy like this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC SE
The complimentary refreshment for SE in Y is now fully advertised as a privilege. Up until recently it stated that it would be available later this year. I inquired to my FA and she said it was the first time she ever heard about this. Has anyone tried redeeming this?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Hypastyla
The complimentary refreshment for SE in Y is now fully advertised as a privilege. Up until recently it stated that it would be available later this year. I inquired to my FA and she said it was the first time she ever heard about this. Has anyone tried redeeming this?
My advice is to write in to customer relations every time this happens.

You'll get some token of appreciation (though I swear to god if you get more than I did for my missing paid J meal...), and hopefully it will trigger a memo.

In the meantime, I'd be tempted to print the Aeroplan status benefit page
The Lev and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC SE
My advice is to write in to customer relations every time this happens.

You'll get some token of appreciation (though I swear to god if you get more than I did for my missing paid J meal...), and hopefully it will trigger a memo.

In the meantime, I'd be tempted to print the Aeroplan status benefit page
I actually am on the airplane right now. I had it loaded on my iPad but I felt terrible lecturing the FA. I didn’t want to be that guy… Maybe I should. But I did email already. Will try again in the future and see how the rollout is working out…
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Hypastyla
I actually am on the airplane right now. I had it loaded on my iPad but I felt terrible lecturing the FA. I didn’t want to be that guy… Maybe I should. But I did email already. Will try again in the future and see how the rollout is working out…
There's a thread with all kinds of fun comments, experiences, anecdotes

Reminds me of all the FAs who claim they also know nothing of the drink that comes with the CO fare, but I digress.
talkeryxu likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
No luck this week on YUL-YYZ and YYZ-YXE.. Full BOB on both flights but the FA’s looked at me like I had a third eye. I even showed one of them a screenshot from the website but no dice!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
This NONSENSE is starting to remind me of all the SDs and FAs who claim they never heard about deflated seats on AC's "Dreamcabins".

So, along with Mr Moo's suggestion to write in, I would add:

If refused by the cabin crew (because they think you have a third eye or are speaking Klingon), print out and carry with you this page of info. I would also suggest you be pleasant and gracious and get their names so that when you write in, you have your flight info, BP, and name of the crew who denied the request that is clearly listed on AC's website.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/.../benefits.html

Screen shots for those who want to copy and save:

Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
I tried asking for it on my latest two flights this week, and it went swimmingly. (I was expecting to encounter some pushback, and was prepared to pull out a screenshot of the policy, but it wasn't needed.)

On AC318 YYC-YUL (Aug 3/21), I asked the Bistro Cart FA "Do I order the complimentary SE snack from you?" and without batting an eye she said "Yes, what would you like?" Then after serving me and Mr R (who is also SE), she pointed to the FA manning the beverage cart and said "You can order your drinks from her." Neither one asked for proof we were SE, which made me think they either (a) already knew or (b) didn't care.

Then returning the next day (Aug 4/21) on AC323 YUL-YYC, I asked the same question of the Bistro cart FA and she replied "Hmm, let me check. They usually let us know when there are SE's aboard." She came back with a short printout showing we were indeed SE's (I peeked), and said "It's all good, what would you like?" She also apologized for the delay, and explained the complimentary snack was a new thing they were still ironing out. The FA manning the beverage cart asked "Would you like something from the bar?" and didn't mention any charge when we both ordered wine.

Then later, on both flights, the FA's came back specifically to us to ask if there was anything more we would like.

I know it's a small thing, just a drink and a snack, but it did make both flights more pleasant.

Last edited by Ratsy; Aug 5, 2021 at 9:05 pm Reason: edited for typos + to add dates
Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:06 pm

Good to see it's working (somewhat?)

It might help to post the dates, as this could be the kind of thing where a memo went out, but FAs currently on a pairing haven't read it yet.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Good to see it's working (somewhat?)

It might help to post the dates, as this could be the kind of thing where a memo went out, but FAs currently on a pairing haven't read it yet.
Agreed; have edited original post to add dates.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
If I'm flying on a CO fare as an SE, does that entitle me to two drinks then?
The Lev likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.