Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Dear Super Elites,

In typical Air Canada fashion, FAs still have ZERO idea about this perk. As such, you will need to be proactive about this perk if you want to benefit from it. There is a very high likelihood that you will not be offered anything if you do not inquire.

Be prepared to be met with a big fat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yyzn.

Print Wikipost

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by talkeryxu
If I'm flying on a CO fare as an SE, does that entitle me to two drinks then?
Ha! I was wondering the same thing and just wasted some brain cells searching this other thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...lic-drink.html

But the last post was a year before this thread started so the answer to the "Double Bonus Questiona about a SE in Y on a CO Fare" might require someone who volunteered themselves to be the experiment - or is willing to
talkeryxu likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Any more here with recent experiences?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: AC SE-MM
8/12/2021 AC582 LAS-YYZ
Seemed to be ~ 12 SE in the back the SD had a list of where everyone was seated and all where given a choice of Drink and Snack.
They seem to be struggling with the new system it took ~ 1-1/2 hr. to do the full Y service.
They are also promoting that anything after the service should be ordered by the IFE system and it will be delivered to your seat.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YYC3722
8/12/2021 AC582 LAS-YYZ
Seemed to be ~ 12 SE in the back the SD had a list of where everyone was seated and all where given a choice of Drink and Snack.
They seem to be struggling with the new system it took ~ 1-1/2 hr. to do the full Y service.
They are also promoting that anything after the service should be ordered by the IFE system and it will be delivered to your seat.
Wait they've finally re-enabled the seat-back ordering? I successfully used it exactly once, on fin 801, in May 2014.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SE-MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Wait they've finally re-enabled the seat-back ordering? I successfully used it exactly once, on fin 801, in May 2014.
Yes , it was sort of working with some very long pauses. I guess it was a trade off to having no Wi-Fi except for Fin 524 that is trialing the new Satellite Antenna for the Wi-Fi.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The very nice FA on my Jazz flight today had no clue about this benefit, and didn't see it in her manual or whatever it is even after I explained it and she went looking for it (she kept thinking I was talking about a Comfort fare, had no idea about a status benefit). I eventually got my free beer (which I didn't really care about and only really ordered for the benefit of all you eager drinkers who want to know how this works in practice ), and she was very friendly. I also sympathize with the fact that she and many of her colleagues have come back from lengthy layoffs with little to no refresher training and that lots has changed.

So I can't say whether Jazz/AC has done a bad job of informing staff about the benefit or she just missed it, but either way, I could definitely see it being difficult to take advantage of this benefit.
canadiancow and YYC3722 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: AC E75K
Does the "free alcoholic beverage" also entitle us to a non-alcoholic beverage for those of us that don't drink?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YYC3722
8/12/2021 AC582 LAS-YYZ
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

So I can't say whether Jazz/AC has done a bad job of informing staff about the benefit or she just missed it, but either way, I could definitely see it being difficult to take advantage of this benefit.
So is it really drink "and" snack or just a drink that is $6.95 or less?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Does the "free alcoholic beverage" also entitle us to a non-alcoholic beverage for those of us that don't drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages are already free...

Originally Posted by yyznomad
So is it really drink "and" snack or just a drink that is $6.95 or less?
It's detailed on the website...

Subject to the product selection available on your flight, Aeroplan Super Elite Members can enjoy one free alcoholic beverage and one free snack item when travelling on Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada Rouge in Economy Class.

(emphasis mine)
Old Aug 14, 2021, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Non-alcoholic beverages are already free...
Not all of them 🙄
capedreamer likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Not all of them 🙄
Wow, there's a bunch of stuff... I guess I don't spend enough time in Y... 😬
talkeryxu likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Yesterday on my YOW-YYC I asked for my free snack and the crew member had no idea, so I pulled out my hand out from 24Left (thank you). She read it, asked for my boarding pass, and gave me what I wanted.
Bohemian1 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Yesterday on my YOW-YYC I asked for my free snack and the crew member had no idea, so I pulled out my hand out from 24Left (thank you). She read it, asked for my boarding pass, and gave me what I wanted.
So which snack did you ask for and receive?
Did you also request an alcoholic beverage, and if so, what was it and did you receive it?
Old Aug 16, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
So which snack did you ask for and receive?
Did you also request an alcoholic beverage, and if so, what was it and did you receive it?

I asked for the Big Kit Kat, no booze as it was early

Today coming home I had my printout ready to present, but the onboard crew said it is your birthday, whatever you want and how often just ask!

So, I started off with the cheese and fruit platter, followed by the Kit Kat, followed by the cashews, and ended with a bailey's in my coffee. I think I had it better in Y than those in J, lol.

I will have to fly AC on my birthday more often

I am writing in as the crews this weekend treated me extremely well, excellent recognition and service.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's detailed on the website...
I'm aware. I'm also aware that you're aware that their website is notorious for either not being up-to-date, or just plain wrong (because the website doesn't work at the airport).
Many upthread have only mentioned a drink, so I wanted to get real first-hand accounts of people actually receiving the darn $6.95 (or less) drink and that darn snack!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.