FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2023 Aeroplan Elite Status Benefits
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2023, 1:58 pm
neilk99

Programs: AC E75K (*G) | Mariott Platinum | Hilton Gold | Nexus
Singapore Bonus point offer prevents Status Bonus Points

Was considering a trip to Singapore with the introduction of the new route from Vancouver and some decent fares. I received an email this morning for a bonus offer of 5K, 10K, or 15K Aeroplan points (I can’t post links yet but it is listed under special offers on the aircanada site). In the terms it mentions “Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion, including for certainty, points earned in conjunction with the Aeroplan EliteTM Status bonus which are expressly excluded from this Offer.” I called aeroplan and they confirmed that signing up for the promotion will prevent me from receiving the bonus aeroplan points from the select benefit.

My only guess is that they want to prevent too lucrative of a mileage run from being possible because it otherwise seems very punitive to Elites (anyone E50K and above can easily be short changed from even normal earnings). At the very least the supervisor said this was her first time seeing this condition in 20 years so hopefully this not a permanent part of promotions going forward. Thought it would be interesting to share to forum to warn others and see if anyone had any insight into if this stipulation would become a permanent fixture of aeroplan promotions and potentially whatever Black Friday deals come out.