Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
Anyone know when the showers at YYZ-Intl will be open? I have a 12 hr layover there next week and was hoping to work all day and shower before trying to sleep on the way to Europe
Also any private phone rooms?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
AC Lounge LHR

No champagne in the lounge anymore?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
In here now, and I have been informed that they do not serve LP anymore, only Prosecco. The staff was quite junior but I wouldn't be surprised if this is now true, and if so it is quite disappointing.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, National Exec Elite
YUL TB - Sept. 8 around 4:30 PM

First time back to YUL since the pandemic. Lounge was busiest I have ever seen but there were some spots available to sit. Lounge emptied a bit around 5:30.

Food Offerings:
Macaroni Salad
"Bruschetta" - Basically looked like salsa or pico de gallo with nothing to put it on (such as toasted bread, crackers, etc.)
Minestrone soup
Beef and barley (or vegetable?) Soup
Pasta Primavera (Primavera is usually a cream sauce and this was tomato based but whatever...)
Cooked Carrots
General Tso's Chicken
Smoked meat sandwiches
Bags of Chips (Lays BBQ Ruffles, Miss Vickies plain, or Ketchup Chips)
Brownies

The smoked meat sandwiches were pretty good, which is what I stuck with (along with a bag of chips). The macaroni salad and "bruschetta" looked not-so appetizing. The pasta looked about the same it always does. The brownies looked like a hot mess, which judging by their looks were in need of a cooler spot.

Pretty good variety but I felt that the quality (except for the smoked meat) was better pre-covid. I didn't get a look at the adult drink section too closely.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Originally Posted by rau90
In here now, and I have been informed that they do not serve LP anymore, only Prosecco. The staff was quite junior but I wouldn't be surprised if this is now true, and if so it is quite disappointing.
They stopped serving LP Champagne in the LHR MLL sometime in April. To get proper bubbles in LHR T2, you have to go to the UC, they sometimes even have two different types available.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:09 pm

YYZ Int lounge showers - I inquired a couple weeks ago, received an email saying they are currently being renovated. October or November was a estimate when they may be reopened.

Last edited by YLWflyer; Sep 10, 2022 at 3:10 pm Reason: Title
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by YLWflyer
YYZ Int lounge showers - I inquired a couple weeks ago, received an email saying they are currently being renovated. October or November was a estimate when they may be reopened.
Sorry to say, but this airline is nothing premium. What a disgrace not to have showers in your main hub's lounge.
Bravada04 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC 75k
I still find the order to table food better. Buffets have a nasty time deterioration that the other food didn't.
Many might disagree, but I would love to see the order to table stay/come back.
I am sure however that the food on demand was more "demanding" to the set up and maintain.
Cathay did do a much better job of that even before Covid.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I am in line to get into the YYZ domestic lounge. They are metering because the lounge is at full capacity
Old Sep 11, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Heading to the YUL intl MLL tomorrow for the first time since table service is over. Will report on the buffet

Last edited by TheViperOne; Sep 11, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Heading to the YUL intl MLL tomorrow for the first time since table service is over. Will report on the buffet
lineup for MLL at YUL intl over 150 people long as of 1630 local. Lounge dragon estimating a 60-90 min wait. Went to national bank instead. Also a line up but only around a dozen. Was in around 10 min.

On a full fare J flex booking to Europe and can’t access the lounge. Gotta love credit card access.
msat likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:08 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
lineup for MLL at YUL intl over 150 people long as of 1630 local. Lounge dragon estimating a 60-90 min wait. Went to national bank instead. Also a line up but only around a dozen. Was in around 10 min.

On a full fare J flex booking to Europe and can’t access the lounge. Gotta love credit card access.
Are you serious, 150 people?!?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Are you serious, 150 people?!?
i quickly counted between 13-15 groups of ten as I walked past. The lineup is almost down to duty free. I had to ask the people at the front if it was truly the lounge line and it was.

i usually don’t send in emails but I think I will for this. SE on a full fare paid J flex and I can’t even access the lounge as my flight boards in 75 min

i think they need to start doing access zones like boarding and meter appropriately. Status members here, star alliance here, ticket access here, credit cards here, etc
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
Now we are seeing the impact of all the credit cards with Lounge access and status boasts given out. My estimate it will be 2024, before it goes down.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:24 pm

i think they need to start doing access zones like boarding and meter appropriately. Status members here, star alliance here, ticket access here, credit cards here, etc
I know this is already on canadiancow list for the travel summit so, hopefully, we will get some answers at the end of next month. They’ve gotta do something.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.