Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New AC Strategic Partnership with Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AC Strategic Partnership with Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I guess dynamic pricing will still allow some deals to be found. I just saw YYZ-ZRH on AC in J and then ZRH-DXB in J on EK for 81k.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Good thing you can set price alerts

And if anything, dynamic pricing tends to open way more availability.
I don’t actually see any “dynamic” price in the picture. The different points requirements are for different destinations?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by JacFlyer
I don’t actually see any “dynamic” price in the picture. The different points requirements are for different destinations?
Look at the reward chart to see what the price would be without dynamic pricing kicking in.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by YYZ1313
Look at the reward chart to see what the price would be without dynamic pricing kicking in.
The award chart puts a range of points cost for Emirates award redemption, so long as the different points requirements for different destinations are within the range, I don't see how that wanders off the chart.

When talking about dynamic pricing, what I really mean is "dynamic price based on the demand/supply for a given route", the different points cost for different routes may still be considered "dynamic" but that's a different type of "dynamic".
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: Proud Aeroplan 0K member
Originally Posted by roastpuff
Good thing I grabbed my seats before dynamic pricing came into play OTOH... sometimes there's possible deals with dynamic pricing.
Let’s just hope the effect of dynamic pricing on EK is more like economy redemptions YVR-YYZ (Can often be had for 6-8K points), and less like J to SYD (485K with few exceptions during the peak season).
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:31 pm

Maybe it's just me but it seems that all EK availability has been wiped. I can't find anything searching for multiple routes on multiple dates. There was lots of availability for the same searches earlier today.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by YYZ1313
Maybe it's just me but it seems that all EK availability has been wiped. I can't find anything searching for multiple routes on multiple dates. There was lots of availability for the same searches earlier today.
Ya it does seem to be slim pickings after looking myself for later months. When I looked previously after it became official there was a ton and scored some for May. Much like SQ it's a desired redemption with minimal seats and lots of AVGeeks looking to book so it's not too surprising.

Edit:
there's a bit for IAH-DXB early May...all I've found mucking around.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
Ya it does seem to be slim pickings after looking myself for later months. When I looked previously after it became official there was a ton and scored some for May. Much like SQ it's a desired redemption with minimal seats and lots of AVGeeks looking to book so it's not too surprising.

Edit:
there's a bit for IAH-DXB early May...all I've found mucking around.
I don't think all the seats I saw earlier today disappeared just because they're hard to get. There were several on several routes and on several dates and now, nothing. I'm assuming they will add them again soon with the new pricing.

*edit : Just looked again and some flights have reappeared
Old Jan 23, 2023, 4:16 pm

The flights I was looking at 2 days ago (AMM-DXB-SIN) were all gone earlier this afternoon.

And now, they're back.

But they're no longer dynamically priced.

They look as if they're pricing out according to the general chart, rather than the EK chart.

Eg. 60k for J low under 5,000 miles Atlantic to Pacific. 40k for Y.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by kalderlake
The flights I was looking at 2 days ago (AMM-DXB-SIN) were all gone earlier this afternoon.

And now, they're back.

But they're no longer dynamically priced.

They look as if they're pricing out according to the general chart, rather than the EK chart.

Eg. 60k for J low under 5,000 miles Atlantic to Pacific. 40k for Y.
Seeing this too. No more dynamic pricing on any route.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC 25k, WJ Platinum
JFK - MXP seems to have also disappeared in the last little while for all dates in the latter half of July
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Heads up. Lots of F availability just released between YYZ and DXB over the next few weeks.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by allbrosca
Heads up. Lots of F availability just released between YYZ and DXB over the next few weeks.
Are you seeing this through Aeroplan? I'm not seeing it.

If you are, this is the first report of seeing F being released to AE.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:20 am

Also looked, found nothing for F
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by allbrosca
I can't even find J availability right now. Might be a glitch but no EK options after trying many routes and dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.