Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New AC Strategic Partnership with Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AC Strategic Partnership with Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:17 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by yeeg
Oh nice.
How early can I go to the F lounge? I see they have one in A as well as C concourses.
We never asked that question. We had no issues as we landed from the YYZ AC flight and after security went to the C lounge and then the A lounge, back to the C lounge until we Left on the YYZ AC flight so that was a few hours.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:46 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
Apparently there is a rule in place that prevents me from passing through immigration more than 8 hours before my schedule flight. Another 75 minutes to kill on a random bench.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:17 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Can I take one guest into the EK F lounge (or another EK lounge) as a SE traveling on 1) AC ticket in Y/PE hopefully with a eupg to J and 2) in EK in Y.
I plan to fly AC to DXB, overnight in DXB and then a flight from DXB-NBO in EK Y. Same on the way back.

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Took AC flight from DXB to YYZ last night. I was surprised to get access to EK F class lounge.
AC concierge and EK F lounge agent both said this policy is relatively new whereby AC SEs can access the EK F class lounge..
Do you need to be in J to access the EK F lounge ? Is being SE good enough? And can you take a guest ?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 18, 2024 at 12:48 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
Do you need to be in J to access the EK F lounge ? Is being SE good enough? And can you take a guest ?
I just spoke to the supervisor whom I failed to ask her name but she has the dark grey uniform and is from Kenya.

To access the EK F Lounge, you need to have one of the following.

- First class ticket as the lounge name implies.
- AC Super elite status
- And some other qualifications but since I can get in with SE status, I didn't need to ask further.

you can stay in the lounge for 1 minute shy of 24 hours and then you must leave but then come back in and scan your BP once again. This would apply if you are connecting. If you are not a connecting passenger, the max is just a little under 8 hours as that's as early as immigration would allow you through the gates.

Yes, you can also bring in a guest who is flying on the same flight as you.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I just spoke to the supervisor whom I failed to ask her name but she has the dark grey uniform and is from Kenya.

To access the EK F Lounge, you need to have one of the following.

- First class ticket as the lounge name implies.
- AC Super elite status
- And some other qualifications but since I can get in with SE status, I didn't need to ask further.

you can stay in the lounge for 1 minute shy of 24 hours and then you must leave but then come back in and scan your BP once again. This would apply if you are connecting. If you are not a connecting passenger, the max is just a little under 8 hours as that's as early as immigration would allow you through the gates.

Yes, you can also bring in a guest who is flying on the same flight as you.
I can say that I would be more than happy to spend 1 minute shy of 24 hours in the EK First Class lounge. I may have diabetes or have a stroke after I leave as you can only get so many steps in while enjoying all of that wonderful food and treats.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:44 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Interesting, didn’t realize F lounge was available for SE. Another reason I am happy to be on this site! They never indicated this in the press releases did they? I thought they only said J lounge for AC customers (regardless of J ticket or SE)?

The YMMV and secret rules drive me nuts. I’m through DXB next week on business and will love the F lounge! However I’m also through in a few months with Mrs wjw and 3 year old daughter wjw.

I can only assume that I can’t guest in both - but it might be worth trying. I did use a select benefit to make Mrs wjw a 50k largely because I was worried I couldn’t even get all 3 of us into the J lounge even.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by wjw
Interesting, didn’t realize F lounge was available for SE. Another reason I am happy to be on this site! They never indicated this in the press releases did they? I thought they only said J lounge for AC customers (regardless of J ticket or SE)?

The YMMV and secret rules drive me nuts. I’m through DXB next week on business and will love the F lounge! However I’m also through in a few months with Mrs wjw and 3 year old daughter wjw.

I can only assume that I can’t guest in both - but it might be worth trying. I did use a select benefit to make Mrs wjw a 50k largely because I was worried I couldn’t even get all 3 of us into the J lounge even.
It appears that the rule states you have to be on YYZ-DXB sector to use the F lounge as a SE.

Trying to decide how to get to DXB and then NBO.
The EK flight that I want on DXB-NBO-DXB is not available on AE though another flight later on the day is.
I would like to try EK J using AE on YYZ-DXB but no EK flights show. Do I still have to call to see if there is availability?
Looked at AE redemptions on AC but even with Priority rewards its over 300K round trip even though the seat map in J shows barely 4-5 seats reserved. And no R space even if I pay for a ticket.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 20, 2024 at 1:55 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:24 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Trying to decide how to get to DXB and then NBO.
The EK flight that I want on DXB-NBO-DXB is not available on AE though another flight later on the day is.
I would like to try EK J using AE on YYZ-DXB but no EK flights show. Do I still have to call to see if there is availability?
Looked at AE redemptions on AC but even with Priority rewards its over 300K round trip even though the seat map in J shows barely 4-5 seats reserved. And no R space even if I pay for a ticket.
What does the seat map have to do with anything?

That's only an indication of how many people who have booked the flight have selected a seat, now how many people have booked the flight, or what RM projects they will sell. If R=0 then that's a good indication that they are optimistic for good revenue fare conversion on that flight.

If the redemptions are pricing out that high, that's another good indicator that they think it will be a busy or full flight.
m.y likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:56 am
wjw

It appears that the rule states you have to be on YYZ-DXB sector to use the F lounge as a SE.
Well that’s good for me as that’s my route, but odd it doesn’t apply to YVR too.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by wjw
Well that’s good for me as that’s my route, but odd it doesn’t apply to YVR too.
Maybe it does, Just quoting what I read. I believe it applies to EK and AC direct flights between Canada and DXB
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:49 pm
wjw

FYI that I was turned down at the F lounge as a SE.

Apparently there is a “list” that AC sends over that I wasn’t on…

I emailed concierge who forwarded to me to the DXB concierge email asking for clarification on what lounge I should have access to as a SE in DXB. I’m on AC 57 tonight to YYZ.

I’ll follow up to this thread if I learn anything more. For now…. Business Lounge it is…

edit: in F lounge within 30 minutes of the email to the concierge team. I’ll write a THANKS concierge post later!

edit 2: Just a point of clarification about this benefit. Concierge just advised me that the F lounge benefit is only for SEMM or SE with Premium Credit Card. I do have the premium card so my initial denial was indeed a mistake. However, if you are SE and not a MM and don’t have the premium credit card it is my understanding that you will NOT have F Lounge.

Last edited by wjw; Mar 28, 2024 at 2:49 pm
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:43 pm

I attended the B gate lounge and had no problem getting in. Maybe show them your aeroplan number and digital card?

Edit: didn't see the bottom of your note. I have the premium cc as well so thet could be the deal maker.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:29 am
wjw

I attended the B gate lounge and had no problem getting in. Maybe show them your aeroplan number and digital card?

Edit: didn't see the bottom of your note. I have the premium cc as well so thet could be the deal maker.
Yeah I was at C gate F lounge. Apparently the process in Dubai is that the EK agents know that Super Elite “Premium” and Super Elite MM get F lounge access (I don’t think they know that premium is about the credit card they just assume it’s some tier in Aeroplan) but even though your boarding pass indicates SE P they don’t let you in based on what’s clearly written on the BP. Instead they have to look at a list that Air Canada sends them each day. They also have no access to AC systems to verify anything, so it is literally just an excel spreadsheet that gets emailed with the names of those on the flight with SE P or SE MM and they go off that list.

In my case it sounds like I was indeed on the list but the EK staff weren’t looking at the most up to date list. The EK lounge supervisor did come to me once I was in the F lounge and offered a nice apology, as did the AC concierge at the gate.

I also asked the concierge about guesting. She said you can guest one additional guest and a child under 2 years old and there are no exceptions to this.

Learn something new every day! So, the takeaways from all this for anyone going to DXB is that F lounge is SE Premium CC or SE MM only, and that it’s probably not a bad idea to reach out to the concierge in advance so that they can be sure you’re on the ‘list’ and that the list was transmitted properly to the EK staff.
vernonc, billdokes and Wigg like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.