Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New AC Strategic Partnership with Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS

HSBC likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan
At least in Toronto, where Emirates is the only non-Star Alliance airline operating out of Terminal 1, this makes a lot of sense.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Presumably this means a terminal change in Dubai.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Interesting to see AC hold some form of partnership with each of the ME3, plus Oman, plus Gulf.

Must have been an interesting set of discussions.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Interesting to see AC hold some form of partnership with each of the ME3, plus Oman, plus Gulf.
Must have been an interesting set of discussions.
Whats more interesting is that go back a few years and AC was screaming that all these airlines were evil....
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: LH Sen
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Whats more interesting is that go back a few years and AC was screaming that all these airlines were evil....
They are evil, unless of course EK allows me to redeem an EK F award with my aeropesos
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by msat
They are evil, unless of course EK allows me to redeem an EK F award with my aeropesos
I think a lot of people would be interested in redeeming on EK though their load space from YYZ is very high making redemptions tough - even if AC allows it.
Also interested in onward connections to India. Currently AC flight to DEL arrives near midnight and most onward connections are in the morning with a 7hr layover. But DXB may require a terminal or airport change, so who knows.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TorTraveler
At least in Toronto, where Emirates is the only non-Star Alliance airline operating out of Terminal 1, this makes a lot of sense.
Lynx is in T1
WannabeSE likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
It would be nice if they allowed access to the EK Lounges.
Microwave likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Academic
It would be nice if they allowed access to the EK Lounges.

Ohhhhhhh EK Lounges, that would be very nice
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
I think a lot of people would be interested in redeeming on EK though their load space from YYZ is very high making redemptions tough - even if AC allows it.
Also interested in onward connections to India. Currently AC flight to DEL arrives near midnight and most onward connections are in the morning with a 7hr layover. But DXB may require a terminal or airport change, so who knows.
Right now in Dubai it would mean a terminal change, its not very hard, similar to Toronto moving from T1 to T3.
But if there are onward connections, and maybe a 2nd Canada - Dubai city added beyond Toronto I would assume AC would move to the main EK terminal in Dubai.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ORK78600
Right now in Dubai it would mean a terminal change, its not very hard, similar to Toronto moving from T1 to T3.
But if there are onward connections, and maybe a 2nd Canada - Dubai city added beyond Toronto I would assume AC would move to the main EK terminal in Dubai.
I think it's unlikely that AC - out of all the foreign airlines that partner with EK - would be required/chosen to move its thrice-weekly flight from T1 to T3.

The only foreign airline that ever was co-located with EK was Qantas, while they still served Dubai, and when they had a much broader and deeper partnership (which involved QF terminating their long-standing joint business with British Airways in order to pursue the EK partnership) than what is proposed here.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
As a side note, I wonder if this means we will see any change in terms of the Canadian government policy that essentially prohibits Emirates from flying into any Canadian airport other than YYZ? The issue always seemed to be that AC did not want it because of the competition, but if they have a strategic partnership that concern may no longer be as valid.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by vernonc
Before Alaska joined One World, Alaska was selling Emirates Tickets using Alaska Miles . On Many occasions, I saw Flights YYZ / BOM ( One Way ) On Emirates for 82.5K + US $ 75( Business Class ) . Economy was 42.5K +75 txs.
Alaska Miles.
AC right now charging too much for Aeroplan plan tickets to India.
I got lucky with Alaska / BA for one Day . Oct 30. I am flying BA using Alaska points/ 2 tickets @ 70k points + US $ 365 txs.( each ) . YYZ / LHR Premium Economy . LHR / BOM Business class.
Economy lots available 50 k + US 321
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by codfather
As a side note, I wonder if this means we will see any change in terms of the Canadian government policy that essentially prohibits Emirates from flying into any Canadian airport other than YYZ? The issue always seemed to be that AC did not want it because of the competition, but if they have a strategic partnership that concern may no longer be as valid.
That must have been on the table. Given the relative size mismatches why would EK do this otherwise?
Speedbird84 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.