Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New AC Strategic Partnership with Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AC Strategic Partnership with Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2022, 6:01 am

How to find your EK locator?

Enter AC locator on the EK site. Your EK locator will be displayed.
Proceed with EK locator for seat selection.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: IHG, Marriot, Emirates
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
I know EK is new to AP redemptions but does anyone have experience with the time it takes for a cancelled flight to reappear? I had a YYZ-DXB flight booked in flexible J but cancelled so I could rebook at higher points redemption rate. Alas, the flight hasn't reappeared after I cancelled it. The award space shows up on EK's website and also on QF but nothing on AC ... yet. I'm hoping it'll pop back up on EK at some point. Anyone have experience trying to cancel and rebook?
I booked EK flight through AP but there was an issue with the reservation so my booking didn't go through (I had a reservation but no ticket number). Seats disappeared from AP website for a whole day but they appeared the next.
Sam_AE likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Moh20
I booked EK flight through AP but there was an issue with the reservation so my booking didn't go through (I had a reservation but no ticket number). Seats disappeared from AP website for a whole day but they appeared the next.
I could be wrong, but it sounds like the inventory that you "booked" didn't actually leave AP but was just stuck in cyberspace. I say this because the flight I cancelled still isn't showing on AP. Also, many of the frequent flyer bloggers have reported that availability on AP should be what's seen on EK -- but that's not true at least for the date I want to travel and for the days before and after. I did speak to someone at AP who said that EK may either be replenishing availability on set dates OR that they are holding the seats back in anticipation for the new award chart to be released in January.
Moh20 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:38 pm
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
I'm using ExpertFlyer to search for EK "O" inventory.
for most of my searches, where there is "O" inventory there is also the ability to book through AC.

However, this relationship seems to drop in mid-May and none of the "O" inventory i find for dates after that is showing on AC.

Do we think they are not releasing bookings that far out to AC?

thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 5:22 pm

Can’t add stopover

I was try to go from 1) yyz to bkk connecting through Dubai on emirates 2) then bkk to hkg on Cathay pacific

i am able to book 1) and 2) separately but am not able to book them together using bkk as stopover.

anyone know why? Am I considered to be going backwards? Or is it an issue emirates/Cathay? Or a website issue?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:03 pm

Programs: Proud Aeroplan 0K member
Originally Posted by DreAAmliner
I'm using ExpertFlyer to search for EK "O" inventory.
for most of my searches, where there is "O" inventory there is also the ability to book through AC.

However, this relationship seems to drop in mid-May and none of the "O" inventory i find for dates after that is showing on AC.

Do we think they are not releasing bookings that far out to AC?

thanks!
In my very limited searching, I've found award availability up to at least mid august, so EK are definitely releasing awards farther out than May.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:29 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone been able to use Emirates Miles to upgrade an Aeroplan booking to First at the airport or onboard? I know this is even possible in advance when booked with EK directly, but hoping AP bookings still allow airport/onboard upgrades!
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:30 am
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by user2946363
In my very limited searching, I've found award availability up to at least mid august, so EK are definitely releasing awards farther out than May.
Got it. thank you.

As i do a bit more searching, "O" inventory numbers do not equal seats available on AC. I will see O7, but only "2 seats available" on AC.
do we know if EK is altering the inventory they show to AC, or is it a different fare code that corresponds to partner/AC availability?

I know this is all fairly new...
Old Jan 7, 2023, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
Has anyone been able to use Emirates Miles to upgrade an Aeroplan booking to First at the airport or onboard? I know this is even possible in advance when booked with EK directly, but hoping AP bookings still allow airport/onboard upgrades!
I'm also curious to hear about this but not too hopeful - I flew last year on an EK operated, AC ticketed flight and attempted to do this - I was told at the time it was only EK issued tickets that could be upgraded with Skywards Miles.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 8:47 am

Has any elite on AC57 DXB-YYZ tried to access the EK lounge in Terminal 3 instead of the standard stuff in Terminal 1? I also read on OMAAT that AC is supposed to move to Terminal 3 later this year...any truth to that?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by illico
I also read on OMAAT that AC is supposed to move to Terminal 3 later this year...any truth to that?
It was in the press release announcing the start of their partnership.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...822093275.html
Old Jan 20, 2023, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
It was in the press release announcing the start of their partnership.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...822093275.html

Ah thank you!
Old Jan 22, 2023, 10:13 pm

Programs: Proud Aeroplan 0K member
Looks like dynamic pricing has been fully implemented, no F availability though.

Old Jan 22, 2023, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by user2946363
Looks like dynamic pricing has been fully implemented, no F availability though.

Good thing you can set price alerts

And if anything, dynamic pricing tends to open way more availability.
CanadianMike likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Good thing I grabbed my seats before dynamic pricing came into play OTOH... sometimes there's possible deals with dynamic pricing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.