Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New AC Strategic Partnership with Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AC Strategic Partnership with Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Emirates and United also launched a partnership in September. I recently saw this being promoted on the AVOD on a United flight. Sounds like the UA partnership may be more limited than what is being put in place with AC...
https://onemileatatime.com/news/emir...s-partnership/

This provides details of what looks to be much deeper partnership between AC/EY: https://princeoftravel.com/blog/air-...c-partnership/
Old Dec 7, 2022, 4:51 am

Seems like it's now bookable through AP for certain routes. I can see availability when searching Larnaca to Erbil on Dec. 17th with LCA-MLA available on EK in J, but it doesn't show up if you search for LCA-MLA on it's own.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Definitely bookable with AP now. Just booked YYZ-DXB-KUL in J with Emirates for 87.5k. Amazing!
Old Dec 7, 2022, 6:32 am

The flight reward chart has been updated with a specific table for EK flights:
Old Dec 7, 2022, 6:38 am

I see space on Emirates Skywards at the saver level that's not being shown on Aeroplan. What gives?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bcnfish
The flight reward chart has been updated with a specific table for EK flights:
Interesting that the chart shows F. Maybe EK is going to have F reward space for Aeroplan? That would be most interesting
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:36 am

Various bloggers have specifically stated that EK F will be available in early 2023
msat, spizzy, Bohemian1 and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
YYZ-DXB-SEY in J for 110k .. has 3 seats available.. a few different days with space. Have this booked for 100k on Etihad.

Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:30 am
zam

With that range, it sounds like any booking including EK metal will be subject to the nasty repricing issues one faces if they need to make a change to a booking including AC metal. Anyone know or think differently?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by najama2
I see space on Emirates Skywards at the saver level that's not being shown on Aeroplan. What gives?
You're assuming Aeroplan gets the same availability as Skywards. It's perfectly normal for partners to get a subset of award space available to the operating airline's own members.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I also suspect that when they roll out the dynamic pricing, they'll have access to more than what they currently do.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: Proud Aeroplan 0K member
From the TPG article:
Aeroplan told TPG that Emirates awards might resemble standard partner award rates for the next couple of weeks, potentially requiring far fewer points than the award chart prices above. "This is because the Emirates chart pricing isn’t loaded yet in our systems. It was more important to us to give our members the earliest possible access to these rewards," according to Aeroplan.
Get your cheap J redemptions while you can!
msat likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by zam
With that range, it sounds like any booking including EK metal will be subject to the nasty repricing issues one faces if they need to make a change to a booking including AC metal. Anyone know or think differently?
Would undoubtedly be the case I expect. Same as Alaska with their mileage partners that are dynamic (or Alaska themselves for that matter).

Had an AS booking on Aer Lingus booked at 60k that was getting repriced to 280k with a date change. Obviously that one got cancelled.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
I just saw YYZ / DXB / BOM with EK In J for 110K. Same dates available EY in J for 110K ..
Same dates LOT in J for 90k.
In my case booked .LOT in J for 90k each for 2 people. I booked 10 days ago,at the time EY,EK were not available ..
Would have .loved to travel EK ON A 380 , with the bar on upper deck.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 10:14 am

I can't find anything past May sadly. Anyone having any luck beyond that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.