Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New AC Strategic Partnership with Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AC Strategic Partnership with Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
Thats a ton of capacity between all three airlines to UAE. I know most of the traffic is connecting but that is still a lot of seats.
Considering that ME airlines are the best way to get from North America to the Indian subcontinent under the current environment, it's no surprise at all.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Interesting!

I've done YUL-LHR (AC) - LHR-DXB (EK) on a single ticket, ticketed on 0-14 stock...
I did it in J for $3,560 CAD in Dec 2021 / Jan 2022.

Checking the same routing now puts it around $7,885
I can book YVR - DXB and LHR - YVR on AC and DXB - LHR on EK for about $12,000 which is about $2,300 cheaper than an AC ticket for the entire trip and avoids the completely unnecessary BOM stopover on the DXB - LHR leg.

I maintain that this purported new relationship is a net negative on a fare basis compared to the ex ante situation.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 5:40 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Aphrican
This is not really much of a partnership.

I tried pricing out a speculative YVR - DXB - MCT - LHR - YVR trip on an AC ticket and was unable to do all of the legs.

I dropped the MCT leg and the J fare on AC was in the region of $14,350 per pax. It also required a stop in BOM between DXB and LHR, presumably to keep space on the very busy DXB - LHR route for non-code share passengers. An additional data point is that YVR - DXB - YVR is $7,650 per pax and YVR - LHR - YVR is $7,275 per pax.
Not really sure what you’re trying to highlight here. The purpose of the partnership with EK, and now the launch of the AC YVR-DXB flight is to better streamline connectivity for passengers. It doesn’t mean every single itinerary at any specific time will be offered a price that makes sense. Also, revenue splitting on interlined fares is very complex.

I can find current P fares YVR-MCT (AC-DXB-EK) for $4k CAD in November. Adding stopovers (which I assume you are doing with LHR) create some faring complexity. That being said, I found YVR-DXB-MCT (AC-EK), MCT-DOH-LHR (QR-QR), LHR-YVR (AC) with a stopover in LHR for $4,600 CAD in November/December. AC fares on AC tickets. Yes, doing MCT-LHR on EK doesn’t seem to work on those dates for a reasonable price, but it doesn’t mean every itinerary needs to.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by D582

[snip]

I can find current P fares YVR-MCT (AC-DXB-EK) for $4k CAD in November. Adding stopovers (which I assume you are doing with LHR) create some faring complexity. That being said, I found YVR-DXB-MCT (AC-EK), MCT-DOH-LHR (QR-QR), LHR-YVR (AC) with a stopover in LHR for $4,600 CAD in November/December. AC fares on AC tickets. Yes, doing MCT-LHR on EK doesn’t seem to work on those dates for a reasonable price, but it doesn’t mean every itinerary needs to.
I am new to the AC ecosystem.

I cannot find these flights on the AC website or Google.

I also didn’t explain myself well. I want to spend multiple days in each of DXB, MCT and LHR.

Did you find them on EF? If so, is there a wiki that explains how to use it for newbies like me? Converting whatever shows up EF into a ticket that is not available on the AC website is of particular interest.

I want to fly in paid J and am happy to buy a EF subscription and do the work myself if that is the best way forward for cases like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:17 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I also didn’t explain myself well. I want to spend multiple days in each of DXB, MCT and LHR.
On cash bookings, trying to cram all of this into one booking may well confuse the pricing engine to a point that it sort of 'panics' and returns a crazy price.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
I can book YVR - DXB and LHR - YVR on AC and DXB - LHR on EK for about $12,000 which is about $2,300 cheaper than an AC ticket for the entire trip and avoids the completely unnecessary BOM stopover on the DXB - LHR leg.

I maintain that this purported new relationship is a net negative on a fare basis compared to the ex ante situation.
Well, there's no real relationship beyond a codeshare & interline agreement on certain routes- but yes, I agree with your overall sentiment.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
I'm trying to book EK F on Aeroplan (website or app) and it fails on the final completion page. Have others seen this problem?

Old Apr 30, 2023, 5:29 pm

I changed the AP Business (Low) reward ticket to available EK flights. After issuing the ticket, Air Canada website showed Premium Economy (D class). AP agent had no idea why it indicated Premium Economy at AC website and asked me to accept it because it was still a "good deal".

Fortunately, it showed business class when I checked the seat selection at Emirates website.
Old May 2, 2023, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can you earn Aeroplan points on all EK flights, even if not purchased with, or on the same itinerary as, AC flights? Ive booked CMN-DXB-AMM in F and want to earn Aeroplan, but not sure if these flights are eligible. The news release or website doesn't make it clear.
Old May 2, 2023, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can you earn Aeroplan points on all EK flights, even if not purchased with, or on the same itinerary as, AC flights? Ive booked CMN-DXB-AMM in F and want to earn Aeroplan, but not sure if these flights are eligible. The news release or website doesn't make it clear.
Check the Emirates page on the AC website:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...html#/airlines Click on the 'More Details' tab after selecting Emirates.

Short answer - if it's ticketed and operated by Emirates you'll get the points.
SkyTeam777 and kalderlake like this.
Old May 2, 2023, 1:14 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by andye
I changed the AP Business (Low) reward ticket to available EK flights. After issuing the ticket, Air Canada website showed Premium Economy (D class). AP agent had no idea why it indicated Premium Economy at AC website and asked me to accept it because it was still a "good deal".

Fortunately, it showed business class when I checked the seat selection at Emirates website.
Display issue on AC’s website. D class is Business on EK. (But I admit for the average passenger this is concerning). I’ve seen flights booked in First Class in F booking class on other airlines show as Economy on AC website too.
Old May 3, 2023, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by YOWgary
On cash bookings, trying to cram all of this into one booking may well confuse the pricing engine to a point that it sort of 'panics' and returns a crazy price.
I spoke with an AC reservation agent about this to-day.

Her opinion is that there is an error on the AC website that should be fixed within a couple of hours so sanity might prevail after all. She did say that the multi stop tool does not work well for international routings which contradicts the reason to have *A in the first place.

As a rule of thumb, a return fare with one stop over should be something like 110% of a straight return fare. The "crazy price" is in the order of 200% of a straight return fare with a nonsensical routing.
Old May 11, 2023, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Does anyone know if priority boarding, priority check-in or any other benefits are reciprocated? I was only able to find details about reciprocal lounge use.
Old May 11, 2023, 9:02 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by wrldtrav2013
Does anyone know if priority boarding, priority check-in or any other benefits are reciprocated? I was only able to find details about reciprocal lounge use.
If you mean by priority for FFP then absolutely not in my experience this month.
Old May 13, 2023, 10:42 pm

Help me with this information

Hi all,

I am planning to schedule a trip to aisa from canada and my preference would be to fly emirates. I would like to know if i can book emirates flight from the air canada portal? Currently i dont see any.

I am not looking for award flights. Also, can i earn aeroplan points after booking the tickets through emirates portal?

I am new to this, it would be great if anyone could answer.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.