Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
All of mine have posted including from a flight I took on Apr 28. Super impressed calling in "expedited" things.

Still waiting on the 5k AQM/$500AQD promo , supposedly that will happen "soon"
yyzgigi and MTLAthlete like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 12:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
In the last two hours, I've had the COS bonus from pre-Feb 20 post for a few flights.

I'm still missing a couple, but I'm getting there.
MTLAthlete likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
I sent an email to the local AC Concierge yesterday, as for the Class of Service shortfall got the following reply

As for the class of service SQM, this is a known issue which should be resolved in the coming weeks. Their patience is truly appreciated.

So, they are aware of the issue and we will all get additional SQM from Class of Service.

I also inquired about a couple of flights where I received less SQD than the cost of the ticket, the SQD was calculated on flight change cost, not on the original ticket value.

The following message was received:
I have adjusted the SQD in both accounts, for both directions. I also included the 100% SQD bonus in the correction.

I did the adjustments, more surprisingly for me, this all happened on the same day I sent the email. Nice to see the responsiveness of Air Canada.

LIke Cow, I got the missed Class of Service last night. My Ego says "I got Air Canada to fix the error", reality is probably more "Blind luck"

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 5, 2022 at 7:39 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old May 3, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
In the last two hours, I've had the COS bonus from pre-Feb 20 post for a few flights.

I'm still missing a couple, but I'm getting there.
Same. Got the COS bonuses retroactively added for flights on Jan 30 (Premium Economy) and Feb 14 (Latitude). Still missing it for another flight from Feb 14 (Latitude).
Old May 3, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
The latest round of promo updates have made it easy for me to confirm that the SQM bonus do not also apply as LQM (MM lifetime qualifying miles).

Not really a huge surprise (and the cow can say "I told you so" now ), but I was holding out some hope anyway ...

Oh well.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Ratsy
Just a heads-up for those expecting to earn a priority reward as a result of these bonuses: it appears the reward will be back-dated to the date of the flight which triggered the bonus which triggered the reward.

I received several bonus postings for flights taken in Feb/March/April, and a new priority reward posted to my account yesterday (April 30) with an expiry date of Feb 23/2023. By my calculations, that is one year to the date on which the bonus SQD pushed me over the next priority reward level.

I had been hoping it would expire one year from April 30, in order to get a bit more life out of it, but no luck there.
Originally Posted by theranj
I'm actually OK if my last leg gets missed - no need for my 10k priority reward anytime soon
My last leg posted between last night/this AM - total of 17 SQS and $3,130 SQD. I'd say 60% of my SQD this year is from this promo and the carry over, I should be between 35k and 50k from flights right now, but I'll take it

Per @Ratsy - my next PR posted as well, along with a back date of my last flight of 4/13/2022
Old May 3, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: AC SE
I'm all caught up.

I've done two round trips this year, one to the UK and one to the US, and am at $16,000 SQD and 86,000 SQM. Requalifying for SE for the fourth or fifth year in a row will not be an issue thanks to all the rollovers and promos.
Old May 3, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Looks like everything has posted for me today. Time to look at Europe deals now.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by c224488
Looks like everything has posted for me today. Time to look at Europe deals now.
Same for me. My last missing segment posted overnight.

The rollover from last year combined this promo has pushed my YTD SQM to 79,526, a stupendously high number for me personally. It's nothing compared to the Super Elites around here, but it's been fun watching the number creep up!
vancouver25k and V One like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Same for me. My last missing segment posted overnight.

The rollover from last year combined this promo has pushed my YTD SQM to 79,526, a stupendously high number for me personally. It's nothing compared to the Super Elites around here, but it's been fun watching the number creep up!
I'm really intrigued by this; right now I'm trending to being $8,500 SQD short with no more commuter flights booked - I should be able to knock half of it off in the fall, so a ~$2,500 flight to Europe from YVR would get me to SE. I'll never hit SE again and question whether I'll derive enough benefit to make it worth my while, but definitely looking out for it - would have to take the wife and kids though, so limits MR turnaround time to being there for few days
Old May 3, 2022, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by theranj
I'm really intrigued by this; right now I'm trending to being $8,500 SQD short with no more commuter flights booked - I should be able to knock half of it off in the fall, so a ~$2,500 flight to Europe from YVR would get me to SE. I'll never hit SE again and question whether I'll derive enough benefit to make it worth my while, but definitely looking out for it - would have to take the wife and kids though, so limits MR turnaround time to being there for few days
I asked this question earlier this year.
What is the value of SE status in 2022, and should I mileage run for it?

I decided that I would go for it!
theranj likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Looks like all my older flight bonuses are posted including the fix for earlier flights; however, no bonuses for my four flights April 22-30th. My other half is in the exact same place. Will wait patiently.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:36 am

Missing 4/6
There must be a priority list I'm not on
Old May 3, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Still 3 outstanding for me, but my last flights just posted for the primary points/etc overnight.
As with The Macker, I only got my change fare difference for my last trip. I was going to wait, but now I will apply asap to get that fixed first.
Old May 3, 2022, 2:12 pm

still missing one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.