Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:14 am

Anyone know if flights bought through Air Canada Vacation packages are included in double promotion?
There is a ACV bonus but flights also get miles. No associated $ which seems to be new this year
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by annehamnitz
Anyone know if flights bought through Air Canada Vacation packages are included in double promotion?
There is a ACV bonus but flights also get miles. No associated $ which seems to be new this year
I did an ACV in February and got the miles boost. SQD was dropped a couple of years ago IIRC
Old Apr 30, 2022, 4:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Had more added overnight. Still 5 segments to go.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: AC*SEMM
The FAQ mentions "The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate" ... I had one of my segment posted this way in the first sweep .. I Just verified and now I have the segment at 150% Bonus (it was Business class) ... so in my case they adjusted the first sweep ... maybe others can confirm ??
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
My points for two segments from 21st February also just posted including the 50% COS for business class.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
So everyone here had at least 1 bonus posted?

I have absolutely none and all my AC flights were between March 1st and 15th.

Just to be clear, I'd still get bonus SQx on AC operated flights ticketed 014 even though some segments are partner flights right?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by supatight80
Just to be clear, I'd still get bonus SQx on AC operated flights ticketed 014 even though some segments are partner flights right?
AC operated is all that matters, my AC flights were booked with LH flight numbers on 220 ticket and it did not have any impact on the bonus SQx.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
AC operated is all that matters, my AC flights were booked with LH flight numbers on 220 ticket and it did not have any impact on the bonus SQx.
And in case I missed it, I didn't have to register for this promo right? And tickets issued last year is still ok? As long as flights were within promo period?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: AC 75K
My one missing segment posted. I am all caught up on Part B so I think there were more updates last night
Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Also had a few more things post last night- still missing a couple from early March.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
Still missing the 9 SQS/$1,904 SQD - no updates in last 48 hours. I'm sure it will sort itself out eventually
Some time in last hour - I had 6 SQS/$1,224 SQD post. For some weird reason both the app and the website gave me a popup stating "you've earned 50k" when I actually earned it earlier this month.

I'm now 74 SQS and $9,540 SQD
I'm missing 3 SQS and $680 SQD from the Part B promo (and I don't believe Part A promo has hit for anyone yet) - once one of those hits completely I'll hit 75k and my $10k priority reward...and likely be done for the year - I have 4 Aeroplan trips booked and one paid trip at Xmas - I'll start flying again in the Fall for work but won't hit the additional $8,500 to hit SQD to hit SE
MTLAthlete likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 9:33 am

And in case I missed it, I didn't have to register for this promo right? And tickets issued last year is still ok? As long as flights were within promo period?
AFAIK that is correct.
yyzgigi likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I’ve had nothing further since the update a few days ago so still missing some things. That said, I have 8 priority rewards and I’m relatively flush with eUps so it doesn’t really matter. It’s just annoying to have to track.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
The FAQ mentions "The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate" ... I had one of my segment posted this way in the first sweep .. I Just verified and now I have the segment at 150% Bonus (it was Business class) ... so in my case they adjusted the first sweep ... maybe others can confirm ??
Every AC flight I've taken in 2022 has been Latitude, Premium Economy, or Business. Every flight I took before the first sweep posted without COS in the bonus. Every flight I took after (that's posted - I'm still missing one) posted with COS in the bonus.

When exactly was your flight?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
So everyone here had at least 1 bonus posted?

I have absolutely none and all my AC flights were between March 1st and 15th.

I am waiting on about a dozen to post, and the SQD will bump me to SE; but none have posted so far. I assume (dangerous, I know!) that this is being done in batches like the promos earlier in the year...and there may be neither rhyme nor reason to when the posting happens.
Bindy Johal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.