Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
June 21, 2022
YUL-YVR
AC309

Boeing 777-300ER
Meal: Dinner

Menu:

Smoked tuna appetizer:

Veal option:

Despite the menu showing a cheese course, and dessert options, they served everything on a single cart, with the after dinner option being cheese OR fruit OR carrot cake (one choice only) (no tiramisu offered despite it being on the menu). I opted for the cheese plate, although I did not take a picture of it.
Carfield likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by diburning
The options were yes or no. The smoked salmon was tasty. The potato salad was ok. I was told that this has been the snack they've been serving for years, and haven't changed it.
It's one of many snacks they've been serving for years, but they do have a few different types of things they serve on short-haul.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:27 pm

June 21, 2022
YUL-YVR
AC309

Boeing 777-300ER

Menu:

Smoked tuna appetizer:

Veal option:

Despite the menu showing a cheese course, and dessert options, they served everything on a single cart, with the after dinner option being cheese OR fruit OR carrot cake (one choice only) (no tiramisu offered despite it being on the menu). I opted for the cheese plate, although I did not take a picture of it.
This is getting frustrated and the crews are doing or making up whatever rules now on this cheese or fruit or dessert thing. On my YVR-DUB flight on Monday, the crew told me that it was cheese and fruit or cake! We need to start writing Air Canada now. I have a feeling that the crews are saving the extra portions for themselves. if you want to charge extra for Signature service, it should be fruit and cheese and dessert!

Carfield
ianassum likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 10:55 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
June 21, 2022
YUL-YVR
AC309

Boeing 777-300ER

Veal option:

Maybe it's just lighting, but that veal looks frightening!
yowstudent likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite
Carfield
Thanks for your observation
North American crew, in general, are unlikely to think of the customer as the focus of their job description during the flight (seasoned flyers know what they are actually thinking and doing!!) despite the rapidly increasing premium fares post-pandemic
Pro-active inflight service is rare
Chats in the galley, doing the bare minimum and the eye roll when the call button is pressed are more common and passengers are often reticent to be politely assertive because of media reports of what can potentially happen if they are
I will be flying Signature from LAX to YYZ return in late August
As a form of assertiveness training 😩😩I will attempt to ask the Cabin Services Manager to clarify the either/or issue in relation to what the menu says and what is actually offered with the fruit/cheese/dessert issue and report back
Carfield likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Maybe it's just lighting, but that veal looks frightening!
It definitely tasted better than it looked. When I took the photo, I sent it to a friend with the caption "I think there has been a mistake, this appears to be an economy meal!"

I think it was meant to be similar to a stew?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by Carfield
This is getting frustrated and the crews are doing or making up whatever rules now on this cheese or fruit or dessert thing. On my YVR-DUB flight on Monday, the crew told me that it was cheese and fruit or cake! We need to start writing Air Canada now. I have a feeling that the crews are saving the extra portions for themselves. if you want to charge extra for Signature service, it should be fruit and cheese and dessert!

Carfield
Sad to see this amount of inconsistency with such a simple menu... on all my premium transcons in recent memory the cheese plate was offered with the choice of either the fruit or cake as well. Never heard of the Cheese or fruit or dessert shenanigans

I think it should be cheese plate + fruit and the cake if you want it! Every other airline in J transcon or intl J -- When offered I've been served cheese with fruit with another dessert.
Carfield and ianassum like this.

Last edited by SKYEG; Jun 26, 2022 at 5:15 pm
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:19 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
It turns out that the elusive PDB (formerly assumed to be extinct) is still available to discrete pax, in some situations:

YYC3722 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
It turns out that the elusive PDB (formerly assumed to be extinct) is still available to discrete pax, in some situations:

It is like service roulette - you never know what you are going to get. The service inconsistency is arguably one of the worst things about being an AC FF and AC J.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
It is like service roulette - you never know what you are going to get. The service inconsistency is arguably one of the worst things about being an AC FF and AC J.
I'm 2 or 3 for 5 on my last 5 (recent, since reinstating PDB) UA flights. I wouldn't say the grass is greener.

But I haven't been offered any PDB (other than bottled water) on AC since pre-COVID.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:40 am

June 2022
Air Canada Business Class
AC 586 Vancouver to San Francisco

Printed menu is back

Beverage with packaged almonds

Welcome Aboard
Served short after take-off

Appetizer
Heritage mix salad, Brussels sprout, pickled cauliflower, grape tomato

Main Course
Ginger chicken, fried rice, mixed vegetables

Or
Cheese Tortellini, tomato sauce, mozzarella

Dessert
Blueberry cheesecake

221E011 476 GG MH HM to WS West 6/22

June 2022
Air Canada Business Class
AC 553 Los Angeles to Vancouver

Printed menu – but wrong one was loaded[

Breakfast
Served shortly after take-off

Appetizer
Fruit salad, yogurt

Bread, butter, jam
[Croissant wrapped in cling wrap]

Main Course
Parsley omelette, chicken sausage, cottage cheese, roasted potatoes, red pepper relish

Pancakes, chicken sausage, fruit compote, maple butter

222E002 483 US MH HB 06/22
unclepants likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 9, 2022 at 8:02 am Reason: Move content to appropriate thread
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Carfield
Main Course
Ginger chicken, fried rice, mixed vegetables

You had me really excited. But no, my menu for today is "olives" or "olives"
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:00 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Had a op-up today YYZ-LGA to J and the only thing offered was a snack basket with 3 varieties (kit kat, lindt, and chips) with drink service, similar to AA and other US airlines.

The other times I flew the route in front on AC was 2015 and 2018, where a fruit plate and charcuterie platter was offered, along with hot towel and drink service.

Is the snack basket due to covid or did it appear long before that?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by jix
Had a op-up today YYZ-LGA to J and the only thing offered was a snack basket with 3 varieties (kit kat, lindt, and chips) with drink service, similar to AA and other US airlines.

The other times I flew the route in front on AC was 2015 and 2018, where a fruit plate and charcuterie platter was offered, along with hot towel and drink service.

Snack basket used to be served on short flights after a certain time, I got it on YUL-YYZ for an 21:30 departure pre-pandemic. I wonder if it's a change due to catering staffing, there's reports that Y under 2 got switched to water + pretzels.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by jix

I had a plated snack LGA-YYZ in May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.