Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 13, 22, 9:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Adam Smith
Wiki Link
For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS, as well as Aeroplan points).

This should trigger automatic SQD crediting.

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy.

Print Wikipost

Old Aug 23, 21, 12:25 pm

I had a paid Business Class J on AC. The miles didnt credit so I did a missing mile request on the app. It credited miles under Class T so I only got 25% here. Any advice on this? Should I call in?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 23, 21 at 12:40 pm Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Aug 23, 21, 12:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by MaHa View Post
I had a paid Business Class J on AC. The miles didnt credit so I did a missing mile request on the app. It credited miles under Class T so I only got 25% here. Any advice on this? Should I call in?
When you said "paid business class", did you originally purchase a business class fare (which should have been in J, C, D, Z, or P classes), or did you purchase an economy fare and subsequently purchase an upgrade either through the bid upgrade program or a last-minute upgrade at check-in?

If you purchased a business class ticket, you will probably need to write in to AC customer service via the web form (since you've already been credited for the flight, if you use the tool in the wiki, it will likely say you've already been credited). If you purchased an upgrade, the T&C of both of those programs state that mileage earning remains as per the original fare purchased, so you're likely not entitled to anything more than what you've received.

Either way, please let us know. If you were indeed credited for a Standard T fare after having purchased a J cabin fare, that would be bizarre.
Old Aug 23, 21, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
When you said "paid business class", did you originally purchase a business class fare (which should have been in J, C, D, Z, or P classes), or did you purchase an economy fare and subsequently purchase an upgrade either through the bid upgrade program or a last-minute upgrade at check-in?

If you purchased a business class ticket, you will probably need to write in to AC customer service via the web form (since you've already been credited for the flight, if you use the tool in the wiki, it will likely say you've already been credited). If you purchased an upgrade, the T&C of both of those programs state that mileage earning remains as per the original fare purchased, so you're likely not entitled to anything more than what you've received.

Either way, please let us know. If you were indeed credited for a Standard T fare after having purchased a J cabin fare, that would be bizarre.

Definitely didnt purchase an upgrade
I decided to call in.

I didnt realize that my original flight was paid economy Class K on one segment and one segment paid Class J. ( Aug 14 YOW to YYZ, overnight, then Aug 15 YYZ to YYC). My first original segment flight got cancelled so when I got to the airport, the agent had to change my ticket because AC decided to automatically rebook me Aug 15 direct YOW to YYC but I had no hotel in YOW for the night. The agent said this got me booked both Class K with business upgrade (and shows up as Class T on my app for some reason), so they are going to be crediting me Class J on YYZ to YYC, just have to wait 5-10 business days.

Thanks for your help.
Aselwyn likes this.
Old Aug 23, 21, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by MaHa View Post
I didnt realize that my original flight was paid economy Class K on one segment and one segment paid Class J. ( Aug 14 YOW to YYZ, overnight, then Aug 15 YYZ to YYC). My first original segment flight got cancelled so when I got to the airport, the agent had to change my ticket because AC decided to automatically rebook me Aug 15 direct YOW to YYC but I had no hotel in YOW for the night. The agent said this got me booked both Class K with business upgrade (and shows up as Class T on my app for some reason), so they are going to be crediting me Class J on YYZ to YYC, just have to wait 5-10 business days.
That's a strange situation. They should have just re-booked you in J on the YYZ-YYC segment. Whoever handled that re-booking doesn't seem to have done it correctly.

Sounds like it will all work out in the end though
MaHa likes this.
Old Aug 23, 21, 4:58 pm

Datapoint: Booking that I flew a couple weeks ago, outbound segment 1 (AC) credited correct SQM and SQD, but outbound segment 2 (UA) credited the correct SQM but lower-than-expected SQD.

The SQD for both segments doesn't seem to add up to the base fare for outbound or as seen in the cowtool... Must be something wrong with the way *A partners are crediting SQD to Aeroplan.
Old Aug 23, 21, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr View Post
Datapoint: Booking that I flew a couple weeks ago, outbound segment 1 (AC) credited correct SQM and SQD, but outbound segment 2 (UA) credited the correct SQM but lower-than-expected SQD.

The SQD for both segments doesn't seem to add up to the base fare for outbound or as seen in the cowtool... Must be something wrong with the way *A partners are crediting SQD to Aeroplan.
It's not just partners
MasterTravellr likes this.
Old Aug 23, 21, 5:30 pm

*A partners don't credit SQD to Aeroplan. You only earn SQD on partner flights when ticketed by AC, so whatever the issue is in calculating it, it's on AC's side, and AC sometimes has issues with SQD on tickets on its own metal. The good news is that AC is usually pretty quick at correcting SQD issues if you write in.

By the way, if any of these flights were for routes not currently in the calculator, feel free to report them in the calculator thread and we'll add them to the database (assuming the fares earned at least 100% miles)
Old Aug 23, 21, 6:41 pm

A stupid question from me:
If the fare purchased was Flex, and seg 1 operated by AC was credited at 100% SQM, and seg 2 was operated by UA (flight was invol changed and rebooked by AC as "Economy Discounted - L"), is it normal for my second segment was only credited 50% SQM? Shouldn't I get the 100% under the Flex fare purchased?
Old Aug 23, 21, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
No, because Flex L on AC credits 100%, but Flex doesn't exist on UA, and L earns 50%.

If you want 100% on UA operated flights, you need W or higher.
Old Aug 23, 21, 6:51 pm

Ah... interesting. The original segments were both G and paid for flex, so I assumed I'd get 100% SQM...
Old Aug 23, 21, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah... interesting. The original segments were both G and paid for flex, so I assumed I'd get 100% SQM...
UA G also credits 50%.

If the original had been V, you'd have a good argument, but you went from 50% to 50%.
Old Aug 24, 21, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E50, Marriott Titanium
AC Standard fares crediting 25% vs 50%

I was under the impression that ACís Standard fares should be crediting 50% SQM on AC metal, correct? Had a recent flight where it only credited 25%. Have others encountered this issue? In prior years, domestic flights credited at 25% for standard, but it looks like it was moved to 50% SQM in 2021. Ticket was both purchased and flown in 2021.
Old Aug 24, 21, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by gcashin View Post
I was under the impression that ACís Standard fares should be crediting 50% SQM on AC metal, correct? Had a recent flight where it only credited 25%. Have others encountered this issue? In prior years, domestic flights credited at 25% for standard, but it looks like it was moved to 50% SQM in 2021. Ticket was both purchased and flown in 2021.
Standard fares earn 25% SQM on Domestic flights, 50% SQM on TB/INTL.
Old Aug 24, 21, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I want to preface this with the fact that I was out drinking tonight.

But I was 100% sure gcashin was correct about the new earnings.

I'm now 100% sure the website agrees with WesternCDN.

My hunch is that they changed their plans. And I will definitely have evidence of that within 24h if it happened.
gcashin and WesternCDN like this.
Old Aug 25, 21, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC E50, Marriott Titanium
This section of the website shows 50% and specifically says that as of 2021, you earn SQM consistently across the AC Network regardless of where you are flying.

Link: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ification.html

Originally Posted by WesternCDN View Post
Standard fares earn 25% SQM on Domestic flights, 50% SQM on TB/INTL.
That was the prior accrual amounts from 2020 and before, but AC had published that it had changed to 50% for all markets as of 2021.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 25, 21 at 11:47 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user

Search this Thread