Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
Just scrambling as I am ending up a lot higher than planned with SQM this year.

for the premium card, can I get one of the business cards to get this benefit, or does it have to be a personal card?

was trying to scroll through the thread but with 3 rambunctious kids all up since 5:30am my focus and mental capacity is lacking right now.

thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Originally Posted by doubleflier
Just scrambling as I am ending up a lot higher than planned with SQM this year.

for the premium card, can I get one of the business cards to get this benefit, or does it have to be a personal card?

was trying to scroll through the thread but with 3 rambunctious kids all up since 5:30am my focus and mental capacity is lacking right now.

thanks!
You should be good.

American Express Aeroplan* Business Reserve Card

28. Basic Cardmembers who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 200,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) from the prior qualification year to the next qualification year. This benefit applies when the member qualified for Aeroplan Elite Status by earning the required SQM or Status Qualifying Segments (SQS), as well as the required Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD), in the prior qualification year. If the member has been granted complimentary status, as determined by Air Canada, that is higher than the status they would have earned via their Status Qualifying balances, the rollover amount will be based on the status they would have earned otherwise (if any), and not the granted status. SQM rolled over from the previous qualifying year will apply towards status qualification for the following qualifying year. Rollover SQM will be deposited directly into the member's Aeroplan account no later than March 30 of any given year, provided the member earned at least Aeroplan 25K Status based on their Status Qualifying balances from the prior qualifying year. Rollover does not apply to SQS or SQD. Benefit is only available to Basic Cardmembers and does not apply to Supplementary Cardmembers. In the event the card is changed to a different product or the account is closed, regardless of reason for closure, any SQM rolled over as a result of this benefit will be removed from the Aeroplan account, and any status earned as a result of these rolled over SQM may also be rescinded. SQM do not count towards Million Mile Status, and are not redeemable towards Aeroplan rewards. Where a Basic Cardmember is eligible to roll over SQM under another Aeroplan credit card, the total cumulative roll over of all SQM towards Aeroplan Elite Status cannot exceed the maximum of 200,000 SQM. All Aeroplan Elite Status conditions apply and can be reviewed at www.aircanada.com/elite-termsandconditions.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Apologies for asking if it was answered but my search and google-fu skills didn't turn up anything.

I've got an interesting scenario on roll-overs + threshold gifts.
For everyone's clarity i'm currently at 55k SQM, with 11k SQD, and i've got a few YYZ - LAS RT and YYZ - LAX RTs coming up. Some of these are booked on AC, others on DL to prevent triggering a jump to 75k (and keep DL GM). I also hold the aeroplan amex reserve (black) card.

I anticipate to end the year around 70-73k SQM. I could shoot for 75k, but I think it's better to roll over the ~23k SQM with the CC so that I start 2024's chase halfway to 50k. However at 60k SQM I'll trigger the threshold gift of 2,500 rollover SQM. Given that threshold gift is explicitly for roll-over and not granted as SQM would I therefore end up at 25k SQM rolled over?

your responses are much appreciated!
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I believe the 2500 will post in January.
homegrowned likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC 25k, WJ Platinum
I am slightly confused with the eUpgrade rollover in relation to the CC promo portion
"To be eligible for the rollover benefits, Status members who are not already cardholders must apply and be approved for a new Aeroplan premium credit card no later than December 15, 2022"

Currently 25k. I thought I lost this at end of 2022, though it's now saying 2023 which is nice. I'm not sure when this change happened, or how even, must be related to spend on TD Visa Infinite which I just changed to from my Visa IP Privilege?

So long as status through 2023 is accurate - I would like to use 11 eUpgrades on a Latitude economy redemption in March.

I currently have 37 credits, though only 5 are valid after Jan 16th, so I can not request the eUpgrade yet.

Will the rollover promo roll over all 37 credits, including the 32 expiring Jan 16th?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Oct 28, 2022 at 5:39 pm Reason: Cross-posting
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Civet
Reposting a similar message from a different thread as this may be more applicable here

I am slightly confused with the eUpgrade rollover in relation to the CC promo portion
"To be eligible for the rollover benefits, Status members who are not already cardholders must apply and be approved for a new Aeroplan premium credit card no later than December 15, 2022"

Currently 25k. I thought I lost this at end of 2022, though it's now saying 2023 which is nice. I'm not sure when this change happened, or how even, must be related to spend on TD Visa Infinite which I just changed to from my Visa IP Privilege?

So long as status through 2023 is accurate - I would like to use 11 eUpgrades on a Latitude economy redemption in March.

I currently have 37 credits, though only 5 are valid after Jan 16th, so I can not request the eUpgrade yet.

Will the rollover promo roll over all 37 credits, including the 32 expiring Jan 16th?
I don't think the VI allows eupgrade rollover.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Reposting a similar message from a different thread as this may be more applicable here

You need to have the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege credit card in order that eUpgrade credits roll over. That's the card with the $599 annual fee. EUpgrade credits do not roll over with the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card (the one with the $120 annual fee).
If you do have the "Privilege" card, it provides that "Primary Cardholders who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status and requalify for the next year, can roll over up to 50 unused eUpgrade credits, to be used during the following status year."
So you would roll over the 32 expiring in January, but that roll over doesnt take place until the New Year so you can't use them now for your March 2023 flight.
If you don't have the "Privilege" card you will still get new 25K benefits including eUpgrade credits for next year at the end of this year/start of next year.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Value of Eups are rather hard to quantify. This year I have sat on the largest stockpile and my highest status (50 then 75k in April), but haven't been able to see any clear, even from PY. Compare that to when I used to buy Latitude and instant Eup in the old days.
Feel a bit snake-bit. That is certainly a side effect of the routes I fly, and I assume some others are behaving better and more like pre-Covid times, but I don't consider a potential upgrade to business in a CRJ, Max or 220 that valuable from a free money standpoint really.
I will spend corp $ on the seat given my poor recent results, but even up front when booking in Business, I am feeling like I'm being Jazzed for want of a new term.
I don't fly to do work, so the wifi has even less value to me, luckily. Happy to listen to podcasts or read a paper book.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: AC 25k, WJ Platinum
Appreciate that. I downgraded from IP to Inf about a month ago (prior to annual fee).

I wonder if my extended 25k status to 2023 is incorrect if it has something to do with holding the IP, which I no longer do.

Perhaps I should apply for the AMEX AP Reserve
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Appreciate that. I downgraded from IP to Inf about a month ago (prior to annual fee).

I wonder if my extended 25k status to 2023 is incorrect if it has something to do with holding the IP, which I no longer do.

This would be the safe thing do.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

The extended status applies to all Aeroplan credit cards, so presuming you made the 30,000 points from purchases that is required then the extension would be correct.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: AC*SE
Quick rollover q, I have say 40 eUps expiring Jan 15th, and another 40 expiring Jan 16th. Will they "rollover" the first 40 and then 10 from the second bundle? Or how does that work, since they don't expire at the end of the year?

Doesn't hugely matter because I'll never use the ones I have, but curious to see what should happen.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Quick rollover q, I have say 40 eUps expiring Jan 15th, and another 40 expiring Jan 16th. Will they "rollover" the first 40 and then 10 from the second bundle? Or how does that work, since they don't expire at the end of the year?

Doesn't hugely matter because I'll never use the ones I have, but curious to see what should happen.
Jan 15 would be the ones that were rolled over from last year so they will expire. The Jan 16 ones will be earned in 2022 and eligible for rollover.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: AC E50K
Sorry if this has been clarified before, but: my partner will reach 25k for the first time this year, and also acquired the Amex Aeroplan Reserve this year. I assume she will receive rollover SQM? Just wondering if there's any requirement to have held either status or the card at the start of 2022 to be eligible. Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:09 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mmike_319
Sorry if this has been clarified before, but: my partner will reach 25k for the first time this year, and also acquired the Amex Aeroplan Reserve this year. I assume she will receive rollover SQM? Just wondering if there's any requirement to have held either status or the card at the start of 2022 to be eligible.
​​​​​​As long as she has the card but December 15, she'll get the rollover. They've said they might claw back rollovers from people who abuse the system, so it's probably not a good idea to cancel it right after she gets it, but that's about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.