Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
My understanding is that
1) Yes, if you rolled over 110k and hit $20k spend during 2023, you'll earn SE for 2024.
2) In your scenario, you'd roll over 40k (Your total 150k SQM minus the rollover of 110k, which is not eligible to be rolled over again.)
I think only eups are not allowed to be rolled over again, but SQMs can be rolled over again? At least not prohibited in written.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:06 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Got my SQM rollover as well but not 50 eupgrades yet (I retired 164 Jan 16).

I couldn't figure it out at first but it seems they took my 75K lifetime qualification rather than my 100K SE as they gave me 63,273 SQM for rollover. I was at about 138K SQM last year. This is really a bonus I guess--not that it matters as I will get to 100K this year anyway. The shortfall potential is always in the SQD, especially if I am flying on other Star Partners and can't be bothered to ticket UA flights on AC 014 ticket "stock".
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:16 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by aliquen
I guess it is acceptable that this "eupgrade limbo " only lasted few days.
I'm still in limbo. I have rollover SQM, but no rollover eUps and no threshold eUps. Which are the things I really need.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K
My rollover miles appeared today so the chase has begun.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I'm still in limbo. I have rollover SQM, but no rollover eUps and no threshold eUps. Which are the things I really need.
Same here.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: AC 75K *G
Originally Posted by tootsieroll48
Quick update on my situation and a learning. Removing your Aeroplan number on one leg of your itinerary does not remove it for the entire PNR. My SQx ended up posting for my inbound YVR - YYZ. Have called Aeroplan now to delete both the outbound and inbound points postings. They "might" be able to do it but it needs to go to head office. After I should be sitting at 72,912 SQM, safely under 75K. Fingers crossed all this gaming the system pans out.
TL;DR I forced myself to be under 75K SQM right before the end of the year by calling into Aeroplan to delete a round trip YYZ-YVR posting (deleted all SQx)
I ended the year at 72,912 SQM
I had already earned retaining my 75K status from 2022 for 2023 via the Aeroplan premium credit card promotion.

Super relieved to see that my plan worked and my 22,912 SQM successfully rolled over today and I have a good head start on the year.
Which means that:
- Aeroplan deemed that the status I "would have earned otherwise" according to T&Cs would have been 50K
- The 75K earned via the credit card promotion was deemed a "granted status"

ffsim and vancouver25k like this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: AC 75k
In my case anyway, the rollovers from 21 still rolled over to 23.
I had expected
=SQM-rollover '22 -75k
instead I just got =SQM-75k with the 7500 cardholder renom bonus added in.
Not complaining. Maybe the rollover is front and centre so you can see how great it is to have a special card.
canopus27 likes this.

Last edited by FlY2XS; Jan 19, 2023 at 10:08 am
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by luckyleia
Providing data point: SQM rollover showed up for me - surprise to learn that the rollover is calculated from the lower requalification level benefit I selected last year.
Eupgrade credits rollover not available yet.
Similarly received the extra 5,000 SQM rollover having selected the lower requalification level benefit last year.
Will likely select that benefit again now this year considering that if I need it to make 50K, 75K or SE, then great; but if I make that status in any case without the benefit I will rollover that 5,000 SQMs next year.
laner and vancouver25k like this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
I had expected
=SQM-rollover '22 -75k
Not complaining. Maybe the rollover is front and centre so you can see how great it is to have a special card.
Thanks for confirming the SQM rollovers from 21 rolled over for you to 23. That was my reading of the terms and conditions, which for the rollover of eupgrades are very clear that they only rollover once, while the rollover of SQMs does not have a similar restriction. It's good to have an example of this happening how the terms and conditions suggest it should work.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE (thanks to canadiancow)
Same - I want my threshold AP points most of all!
Old Jan 19, 2023, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same here too. Thing seems to be getting ridiculous. Over 150 k miles... Of course, the SQD is another story. Newest one off by $200. Although I suspect it won't really matter.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 11:19 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
About to pull the trigger on a TATL itinerary for two. (Not that one - another one.)

Currently there is upgrade space. If my rollover eups are posted while there is still upgrade space, we book in Latitude. If there is no upgrade space when the eups are posted, we go cheapest available and will play aerolotto if eligible. A rounding error for AC I guess especially if they sell the seats (which they don't think they will hence the upgrade space.)

Personally I think the change of benefit year a while back from Mar 1 to Feb 28/9 to Jan 1 to Dec 31 has mostly resulted in a random loss of benefits for varyingly random parts of the beginning of each year, and if they can't deliver on Jan 1 that shouldn't be the beginning of the benefit year.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Rollover posted for me today as well. Very strange to see 60K-odd SQM and 0 SQD / 0 SQS. Flying begins more in earnest early February... The chase is back on, babes.
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by FlY2XS
I had expected
=SQM-rollover '22 -75k
Did your 2021 rollover exceed 75k?

I would have thought it'd be implemented like this:
- if your 2021 rollover <=75k, then 2022 rollover would be SQM-75k (since you "used" your 2021 rollover as part of attaining your 75k)
- if your 2021 rollover > 75k, then 2022 rollover would be SQM-(2021 rollover) (since the 2021 rollover amount more than covers your 75k)
Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
Same here too. Thing seems to be getting ridiculous. Over 150 k miles... Of course, the SQD is another story. Newest one off by $200. Although I suspect it won't really matter.
Its sort of ridiculous but at the same time I banked a SE year last and am going to do it again. Its like 2 for 1 SE so Im not complaining about that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.