Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC SE2MM AirCanada Card Amex Cent Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hertz Platinum etc etc.
Do SQM rollover miles rollover again?

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Appears I will start the year with just over 340K. Waiting on AC's IT to massively screw all this up.
So with a starting SQM of 200k if you earn the minimum 100k toward next yearís SE status, youíll end the year at 300k. Will they rollover 200k again or do they only rollover SQM actually earned during 2023?
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by canadianidol
My anniversary date for my Amex Aeroplan Reserve card is May 16. What's the grace period to cancel the card and get the annual fee reversed? I am hoping to get the annual worldwide companion cert for meeting the $25K spend shortly after the anniversary date but don't want to risk cancelling the card too early. Also can someone confirm that once you cancel the premium card, all the U/G credits rollover from last year will be removed from your account? I am hoping to use the U/G credits in Sep.
The terms state youíll lose any rollovers if the account is closed. And Iím sure youíre aware you only get the Companion Pass ~10weeks after your anniversary date.

Good luck trying to get the best of both worlds, I suspect itíll backfire.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
The terms state youíll lose any rollovers if the account is closed. And Iím sure youíre aware you only get the Companion Pass ~10weeks after your anniversary date.

You don't lose rollover eups. I switched from CIBC to TD VIP last year and retained that. Not sure about rollover SQM/SQS tho.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
You don't lose rollover eups. I switched from CIBC to TD VIP last year and retained that. Not sure about rollover SQM/SQS tho.
The terms say otherwise. You likely kept them as you continued holding a premium card.

If the card is changed to a different product or the account is closed, regardless of reason for closure, any unused, rolled over eUpgrade credits will be forfeited and removed from the memberís eUpgrade account.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 7:29 pm

The terms say otherwise. You likely kept them as you continued holding a premium card.

If the card is changed to a different product or the account is closed, regardless of reason for closure, any unused, rolled over eUpgrade credits will be forfeited and removed from the memberís eUpgrade account.
There was a period of overlap where I was holding both cards prior to me cancelling the old one. That's probably why!
Old Mar 13, 2023, 12:04 am

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
There was a period of overlap where I was holding both cards prior to me cancelling the old one. That's probably why!
Can confirm that the companion pass is not lost if you keep a premium card active. I switched from CIBC to TD in October and still have my companion pass from CIBC. Other DPs suggest it will disappear once you have no premium card linked to AP.

I know of a couple DPs of rollover eUps not being clawed back after cancelling the Amex APR and not replacing it with another premium card.
Bindy Johal likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 2MM Centurion
So with a starting SQM of 200k if you earn the minimum 100k toward next yearís SE status, youíll end the year at 300k. Will they rollover 200k again or do they only rollover SQM actually earned during 2023?
Rollover miles seem to rollover but I am not entirely sure to be honest and sort of feel like I have to wait an additional year.

I started last year at 349004 and earned an additional 172304 during the year. If rollover miles do not rollover then I should have started this year with 172304 (at least based on my thinking). I started the year at 200000 (the maximum number of miles that can rollover) which would seem to suggest rollover miles rollover. I am likely going to add just over 100K additional SQM (flying and CC) this year so based on this past year I should start at 200K again for 2024.

I guess we shall see.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 7:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23/Amex Air Canada Card/Delta Platinum
I think it gets even better, at 250K SQM, you get a free year of Super Elite, which would negate needed to reach 20,000 SQD.

If you keep generating 300,000 SQM, (200K from Rollover, and 100K new - can be flights or credit card spend), you will not need to spend $20K on SQD.
yeeg likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by The Macker
I think it gets even better, at 250K SQM, you get a free year of Super Elite, which would negate needed to reach 20,000 SQD.

If you keep generating 300,000 SQM, (200K from Rollover, and 100K new - can be flights or credit card spend), you will not need to spend $20K on SQD.
I was hoping the same thing!
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by The Macker

Not completely correct. SQM rollover with a premium CC requires some degree of ďearned statusĒ (may only need $3000 SQD for 25K). Also no priority rewards until reaching at least $4000 SQD spend.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 12:22 pm

There have been DPs on reddit that state they did not "take away" eups even product switching/cancelling a premium card. Seems to be a new development so far for this year
Bindy Johal likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 11:41 am

Apologies if this has been covered, I couldn't find it searching this thread.
- Does status gained partly through SQM earned at 1,000 per $5k spend on a VIP card count as organic, i.e. qualify me for roll-over?
- If I get a VIP card now and qualify for 25k late this year by the above route, does that mean I'll roll-over at the end of 2023?
I don't fly quite enough in any given year to get status only through flying, so my aim in getting a VIP card is mainly to allow roll-over so my excess SQM accumulate.
I'm new to playing the Aeroplan game, would love to know if this is a good approach.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by ralphe
Apologies if this has been covered, I couldn't find it searching this thread.
- Does status gained partly through SQM earned at 1,000 per $5k spend on a VIP card count as organic, i.e. qualify me for roll-over?
- If I get a VIP card now and qualify for 25k late this year by the above route, does that mean I'll roll-over at the end of 2023?
I don't fly quite enough in any given year to get status only through flying, so my aim in getting a VIP card is mainly to allow roll-over so my excess SQM accumulate.
I'm new to playing the Aeroplan game, would love to know if this is a good approach.
SQM earned via premium card spend are no different than SQM earned by flying (or any other means such as last yearís promotions). All SQM above your earned status rollover to the following year if you qualify.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 11:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Rollover SQM

Still no sign of Rollover SQM (over 130,000) from last year. Nearly end of March. No updates or replies to requests either. Anyone else have any show up lately.

Also waiting for corrections of incorrectly reduced SQM from January, BOG 4X promo, January 2X promo and foreign spending promo... I have a trip I would like to book but need some of the miles I'm due.

Nothing ... I'm a SE, MM and Black Card and getting frustrated.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 10:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Folkart,
I think most everyone's posted mid January. I would definitely press them on it given the time that has passed since most of us have gotten them. Others have had success using social media to put a fire under them--not my first (or ever) choice but maybe it would work here. You meet all the parameters and more similar to me (2MM, SE, AMEX Reserve).

Good luck in the hunt for an answer and resolution!

folkart likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.