Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2024, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
I really don't love the constant mid-year changes to various parts of the program. Seems to be a new theme.
Not actually a mid year change as this January rollover will operate the same as it has in the past, the change is effectively for next year.
Old May 14, 2024, 11:24 am

Programs: SE, 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
For those earning credits on or after July 1st 2024 it is.
Old May 14, 2024, 11:25 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Not actually a mid year change as this January rollover will operate the same as it has in the past, the change is effectively for next year.
Well, okay fair enough - changes it slightly for those waiting until July 1 though, not that that was a stated benefit though.
Old May 14, 2024, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: given the high level of interest in today's announcement about upcoming changes to eUp expiry and rollovers, a separate thread. Please follow the discussion in that thread.
Old May 16, 2024, 8:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K
Not sure if it has worked this way in previous years, but I downgraded my CIBC VIP last week and had the rollover SQM reversed 2 days later. No other premium Aeroplan cards. I didn't roll over eUp so no data on that front.
Old May 17, 2024, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, SPG Gold
Changes in the CC program aside, for this year, I still haven't received any of my rollover benefits after 2 months of calls and wasted time. TD and Aeroplan did finally talk to each other and it was still unresolved as of today. So I gave up and cancelled the card. Will be spending what's left of my points this year too and stop being loyal to any particular airline alliance. Left very dissapointed as a "premium" customer of both AC and TD for 27 some odd years of status. Really all very poorly handled.

Last edited by aiminghigherYVR; May 17, 2024 at 6:27 pm
Old May 17, 2024, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
I have the Amex reserve card and I am considering switching to the CIBC privilege.
If I do, will I lose my rollover benefits?
Old May 18, 2024, 5:45 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by mendy7511
I have the Amex reserve card and I am considering switching to the CIBC privilege.
Privilege or Infinite Privilege? If it's just the Privilege then yes you will.
Old May 18, 2024, 5:48 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
I didnt lose my rollover eUps/SQM when I switched from CIBC to TD VIP. My companion pass didnt disappear either. I have heard reports of the companion pass disappearing for others. I will be switching my TD VIP to another card soon as I got the Amex APR for the recent promo. Plan to use my companion pass before that to be safe.
mendy7511 likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 10:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
Privilege or Infinite Privilege? If it's just the Privilege then yes you will.
Infinite privilege
Old May 19, 2024, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE
Infinite privilege
Then you will/should be fine. It only matters that you have one of the cardsyou are free to move from one to another. I guess the benefit is not pegged to your card as much as its pegged to the fact that you have a card.
billdokes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.