Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Noob question. I have 33 eupgrade credits which are dated to expire January 15th, 2022.
I hold an Amex AE Reserve. Will these automatically be extended at some point with new expiry dates... ?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:22 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Noob question. I have 33 eupgrade credits which are dated to expire January 15th, 2022.
I hold an Amex AE Reserve. Will these automatically be extended at some point with new expiry dates... ?
Yes.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K (1st timer!)
Roll-over of SQM/SQS with no elite status?

Hey all, I've done some searching but can't seem to find any discussion on this topic. In October I signed up for a TD Aeroplan VISA Infinite card since I have decided to jump back on the Aeroplan bandwagon. My hope is my wife and I will be ramping up travel again in 2022 and beyond.

The two of us travelled to Europe last month via TAP in J so I earned just over 17k in SQM and 3 SQS. I know the segments aren't enough to bother with but I was hoping that maybe the 17k would roll over to this year so that I have a reasonable chance at hitting 25k early this year, maybe even 35k. When I logged into my account today I see all numbers have reset to 0. Does anyone know if I'll be entitled to have the SQM/SQS roll over because of my TD Aeroplan VISA Infinite or does that require already having at least a base elite status of 25K? I have also read that these rollovers aren't usually credited back until the end of January so maybe I'll see the SQM's return then? Fingers crossed!
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by lcfowler
Hey all, I've done some searching but can't seem to find any discussion on this topic.
There's a whole thread on the credit card rollover benefits, which is where I've merged your post.

Does anyone know if I'll be entitled to have the SQM/SQS roll over because of my TD Aeroplan VISA Infinite or does that require already having at least a base elite status of 25K? I have also read that these rollovers aren't usually credited back until the end of January so maybe I'll see the SQM's return then?
First of all, if you only have the Infinite card, there's no rollover. You have to have the Infinite Privilege card (often referred to here as "VIP"). But even if you have the VIP card...

Second, the T&C are quite clear that you have to already hold status: "cardholders who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 200,000 Status Qualifying Miles ("SQM") from the prior qualification year to the next qualification year. This benefit applies when the member qualified for Aeroplan Elite Status by earning the required SQM or Status Qualifying Segments ("SQS"), as well as the required Status Qualifying Dollars ("SQD"), in the prior qualification year." Based on what you've said, you don't have status and didn't qualify for it in 2021.

Bottom line, no, you won't roll over anything.
canadiancow and YOWgary like this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K (1st timer!)
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
There's a whole thread on the credit card rollover benefits, which is where I've merged your post.

First of all, if you only have the Infinite card, there's no rollover. You have to have the Infinite Privilege card (often referred to here as "VIP"). But even if you have the VIP card...

Second, the T&C are quite clear that you have to already hold status: "cardholders who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 200,000 Status Qualifying Miles ("SQM") from the prior qualification year to the next qualification year. This benefit applies when the member qualified for Aeroplan Elite Status by earning the required SQM or Status Qualifying Segments ("SQS"), as well as the required Status Qualifying Dollars ("SQD"), in the prior qualification year." Based on what you've said, you don't have status and didn't qualify for it in 2021.

Bottom line, no, you won't roll over anything.
Thanks for the prompt reply. That's unfortunate but I suspose I somewhat expected that. Might consider getting the Privilege card this year and move my spending there. Either that or go the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve route. Hopefully this year I'll qualify and then carry-over after that.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: AP 50k
So a a weird thing has happened. all the e upgrades credits I earned in 2021 (got status in August 2021) expired December 31 instead of January 15 as they were supposed to. Anyone else get this result?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by bigjon94
So a a weird thing has happened. all the e upgrades credits I earned in 2021 (got status in August 2021) expired December 31 instead of January 15 as they were supposed to. Anyone else get this result?
Yes.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL
Originally Posted by bigjon94
I noticed the exact same thing today, my friend.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Yesterday I had 80 eups expiring 15 Jan 2022. Today I have 40 expiring then, and the other 40 have disappeared.
Plus I got 55 from my bump up to E75 from my end of year selection (valid until Jan 2023), and will soon choose benefits for the upcoming year (the select them button is active I just need to think what might be most useful. With no planned flights its all a bit moot, but a fun distraction).
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:34 pm

Status of eUpgrades to be rolled over

In order to rollover to be successful, do my <50 expiring eUpgrade credits need to be 'Available' to be rolled over OR can they be 'held' on reservations (either as requests or confirmed R)? Any DP from last year that folks recall? Thanks
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JustSam
In order to rollover to be successful, do my <50 expiring eUpgrade credits need to be 'Available' to be rolled over OR can they be 'held' on reservations (either as requests or confirmed R)? Any DP from last year that folks recall? Thanks
That's a very good question.

However, I wouldn't trust any data points from last year. Everything was new, and slow, and likely hacked together.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
My dashboard now shows

but in the activity list the 7500 is described as “annual Renom credit - 7500 threshold reward

no clue what that is ?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:15 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by gadflyboy
in the activity list the 7500 is described as “annual Renom credit - 7500 threshold reward

no clue what that is ?
See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33862493-post65.html
GarfieldCat likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1

i don’t think that post answers the question ? I’ve been super elite for a long time and have never received that as a “threshold” or as a rollover …. Very possible I’m missing something plain and obvious …
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gadflyboy
i don’t think that post answers the question ? I’ve been super elite for a long time and have never received that as a “threshold” or as a rollover …. Very possible I’m missing something plain and obvious …
I also got it this year, first time ever as a SE. With all the changes and additional rollovers, hard to follow this early in January
GarfieldCat and gadflyboy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.