Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:37 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
MLL YYC now has self-pour still and sparkling water. And they have the bar so not much as changed during rona. Food options have vastly improved but the pickles in fritatta is just disgusting at every level. They have a chimichanga that's really decent! Easy hand-food.

YVR domestic still has the temporary bar-setup, I do not know if this is to keep costs low or if they still think handling a bottle can give you rona. I am thinking cost control because grab and go and cool drinks are self-service. Hot drinks are also self-service. During the peak periods there'd be huge lineups of people waiting for the matron to hit the button to make a coffee, hopefully waiting on matrons to make customers self-service beverages will be gone forever.

The grab and go options are wraps that are more wrap than protein. They're not bad though. The salads are good. I am surprised not many take advantage of these light options on their planes, it seems I'm the only one boarding the plane with the brown paper bags they hand out in the lounge. This is a huge enhancement and I'm surprised it hasn't caught on more.

I like the new food, pickles in fritata is just disgusting, and I am a bit disappointed by no more self-pour in YVR domestic. They have upped their MLL game at the same level United Clubs have been upped since the rona (ie more salads, more wraps that have substantial amounts of protein and cheese in them, and SLIM JIMS).
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC E75K
First time in the YYZ MLL: Computer area roped off, no showers in operation, paper cups instead of mugs, and only 1 espresso machine in operation so lots of waiting for coffee.

Having just returned from Europe, I continue to be amazed by how long Air Canada (and Canada in general) will continue delaying returning to a pre-Covid world.

Last edited by capedreamer; Feb 14, 2022 at 1:28 pm
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Now in the YVR TB MLL. The chili is good today! Thick and not watery at all. Bar is not self serve but coffee, sodas, snacks and water are. Busy at 12:15 PM, but no line.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:43 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
Now in the YVR TB MLL. The chili is good today! Thick and not watery at all. Bar is not self serve but coffee, sodas, snacks and water are. Busy at 12:15 PM, but no line.
Thanks for the report. I'll be spending some time there on Thursday and it has been eons since I have been in that lounge.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Food in the LHR MLL seemed lackluster yesterday, more limited selection than when I was there in November, especially around the cold items.

Happy to report that the YUL MLL smoked meat sandwiches had an acceptable amount of meat, so maybe there were enough complaints (or orders of 10) to get them to rethink.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
Food in the LHR MLL seemed lackluster yesterday, more limited selection than when I was there in November, especially around the cold items.

Happy to report that the YUL MLL smoked meat sandwiches had an acceptable amount of meat, so maybe there were enough complaints (or orders of 10) to get them to rethink.
Specifically, YUL TB.

Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:36 pm

Now I'm looking forward to my YUL connection in two weeks. Hopefully the domestic lounge is as generous!
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Platinum
Will the change in Ontario restrictions coming up on the 17th increase the capacity in the YYZ lounges? As we will have a few hours in the INT MLL on the 19th.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I thought the latest YVR Dom hot lunch/dinner offerings were pretty good. The chili was nice but they could've filled the cup higher than half. The curry dish wasn't bad either.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The chili was nice but they could've filled the cup higher than half. The curry dish wasn't bad either.
Oops my bad yyznomad, I forgot to mention the amount of chili in the cup
Did the ladies literally overload your curry box like the one in my photo?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Oops my bad yyznomad, I forgot to mention the amount of chili in the cup
Did the ladies literally overload your curry box like the one in my photo?
Yep, the curry box was a good sized serving.

I was quite pleased with my most recent YVR Dom MLL visit. Can I say that here?
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Yep, the curry box was a good sized serving.

I was quite pleased with my most recent YVR Dom MLL visit. Can I say that here?
Why not, we know what YVR Dom MLL's problem is, it's a real estate/capacity long term problem.
The agents downstairs are already expecting to be yelled at everyday this summer again

For the YVR Dom, at least the food quality, food delivery + clean-up speed in there hasn't been the problem.
yyznomad and vancouver25k like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Why not, we know what YVR Dom MLL's problem is, it's a real estate/capacity long term problem.
The agents downstairs are already expecting to be yelled at everyday this summer again

For the YVR Dom, at least the food quality, food delivery + clean-up speed in there hasn't been the problem.
Did your food order arrive quickly?

Twice I placed my order, went for a quick tinkle, and my food was already on my table when I got back.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:18 pm

Did your food order arrive quickly?

Twice I placed my order, went for a quick tinkle, and my food was already on my table when I got back.
Within 5 mins if not less. 👍

I had the reversal of your situation on sat night. 😆
Left my drink + water bottle + 2 uneaten cookie on the table to use the Mens room.
All of that were collected by the time I came back, even though my rollaboard and laptop bag were still there 😂😂

AC Lurker, this is meant to be a 👏👏
The YVR club manager and the entire team is doing a good job! 👍
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Currently on my way to LHR from YYZ, via YUL. Visited the YYZ Dom lounge this morning/lunch time. Soft drinks self serve, liquor had to be ordered and they pour a the table. Grab and go sandwiches, cookies, chips, hummus, water. The scan and order at your table is much better and has better offerings than the grab and go - I suspect a lot of people are not realizing that there is a menu there and they do not order and just pick up the grab and go stuff.
Menus from YYZ Dom and YUL International lounge posted below. The menu with butter chicken is from YYZ. The pork belly at the YUL International lounge is good. Daughter had the pumpkin soup which was ok. Chefs special dessert was pannacotta. There were a couple more dishes available but I did not screen shot them all. Mac and Cheese available too.

Pannacotta at YUL International

Pork Belly at YUL International

Scan and order menu - YUL International

Scan and order - YYZ Dom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.