Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC 75k
So update is that priority/Elite check in at YYZ was empty as was security on a Sunday evening. Had to ask if the unavoidable overnight in YVR meant I had to claim my luggage. She didn't bother to tell me beforehand. Initially the question was met with a blank look. It took a short while for the agent to figure it out, but turns out that AC tags turn into pumpkins after midnight, so now I get to add a 30min delay tonight and check in an hour earlier tomorrow am waiting for bags. YAY!
Boccone is open for food and drinks it turns out and prominently promoted. Customer service is optional. Thought my 10 min wait after being seated before a menu was bad but my neighbors were in the 15-20 range. I have gone out of my way to be a generous tipper in these tough times, but when some people still seem to show selective blindness......
Good luck in your travels.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 9:32 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PilotTobe
The fwd lavs on all planes have been reserved for crew since end of March/beginning of April on mainline and express (exception is the single lav aircraft)
Interesting; I don't recall seeing that mentioned here before. No announcement was made on 209. On 228, the SD did come around and tell the J pax about the lav restriction.

Originally Posted by tracon
AC8204 YXS-YVR this morning. 40pax
DH4, shouldn't that have been limited to 37 or 39 pax?
Old Jun 14, 2020, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I got the Ecological on YYC-YVR but this one on YVR-YYC.

Both mainline 320s. So I'm not sure whether it's a mainline/Jazz thing or whether it depends on station or just what was available when they put that particular kit together.
I’ve been back in the air for about 3 weeks now. The sanitizer you pictured had been in all of my packs, except the last flight, where I got the ecological one. I assumed they ran out of the one, and were using the ecological for the time being - unless they’ve switched for good (whatever that means these days).
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 9:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Interesting; I don't recall seeing that mentioned here before. No announcement was made on 209. On 228, the SD did come around and tell the J pax about the lav restriction.
Just another reason that paying extra for J class is becoming even less of a value proposition (and the many other reasons why flying right now is more work than reward!). Can't wait until most of these kinks are worked out/we have an effective vaccine/great treatment.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:47 pm

DH4, shouldn't that have been limited to 37 or 39 pax?
Thought max is 39 occupied seats based on eavesdropping on FA going out last week, but they did also add infants to person count when confirming, so maybe that's it.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Anyone know what they are serving on premium TCON routes on PE or J? I know it's "boxed meals" but is it passable or not even?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
Thought max is 39 occupied seats based on eavesdropping on FA going out last week, but they did also add infants to person count when confirming, so maybe that's it.
There are two DH4 layouts, one with 74 seats, the other 78. So it should be 37 on the former and 39 on the latter. I just wasn't sure which layout the one in question was in
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:29 pm

Monday
AC8182 YXJ-YVR 36 passengers
AC8055 YVR-YYJ 16 passengers.....I think.

78 seat DH8-400 selling 41 seats?......
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...-mayjune-2020/
Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:22 am

Odd. It seems all the 2x2 Y aircraft are selling N/2 + 2 seats.

Thanks for sharing that link, I knew someone had posted it elsewhere but couldn't find it.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Odd. It seems all the 2x2 Y aircraft are selling N/2 + 2 seats.
That's seems a reasonable overbooking factor to me.

​Or perhaps an assumption that agents will unblock to put two parents/children next to each other for more efficient seat utilization rates profit.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:41 am

I thought I read somewhere that people from the same family wouldn't necessarily get an empty middle seat.
I haven't been able to find it though.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
Anyone know what they are serving on premium TCON routes on PE or J? I know it's "boxed meals" but is it passable or not even?
YVR-YYZ
J: Box with cold, basic grab and go chicken and cheese wrap, small bean and corn salad, almonds and a KitKat. No other choice besides, "No thank you." Bottled water on boarding. Same thing regardless of departure time.

Everyone else: bottled water on boarding.

Passable is a matter of opinion. Cold wraps aren't my thing.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
YVR-YYZ
J: Box with cold, basic grab and go chicken and cheese wrap, small bean and corn salad, almonds and a KitKat. No other choice besides, "No thank you." Bottled water on boarding. Same thing regardless of departure time.

Everyone else: bottled water on boarding.

Passable is a matter of opinion. Cold wraps aren't my thing.
I guess they don't want any vegetarians cheapening the cabin.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
Monday
AC8182 YXJ-YVR 36 passengers
AC8055 YVR-YYJ 16 passengers.....I think.

I think this is slightly off, as the CR9 is capped at J12Y32, but the site shows as J12Y34 (same with embraer)...
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Just booked LAX-YWG for the 27th via YVR, should be an interesting journey.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.