Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Flew YCD YVR so far today, DH4 had 35 pax. Still got that awful "eco" sanitizer, but the gloves were now blue (!).
YVR has a few departures yet (YYC WS/AC, YYZ WS/AC, YEG, YYJ, YLW, YXE, YQR, YUL) but it is very quiet. WS to YYC seemed incredibly empty - a handful of pax. Joe and the Juice is open, but only serving shakes and sandwiches (no beer!! - she said they have it in the mornings...), StarBucks closed, two of the convenience outlets are open but the one closest to security closed. Pretty poor experience killing 2 hours in an airport with nothing to do...
Too bad, I just left the airport on the skytrain for my 2 hour layover. Could have been a mini do!
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Too bad, I just left the airport on the skytrain for my 2 hour layover. Could have been a mini do!
​​​​​​

Ahh too bad! Still half an hour to go before boarding... hehe
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:37 pm

​​​​​​

Ahh too bad! Still half an hour to go before boarding... hehe
I'm almost back at YVR to board 8081... next time!
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:45 pm

On the note of nothing to do at YVR, there is a pub and dimsum place at the marine drive skytrain station. I just miss the luggage storage at the MLL.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:32 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
On the note of nothing to do at YVR, there is a pub and dimsum place at the marine drive skytrain station. I just miss the luggage storage at the MLL.
And you can always grab a cab to the Flying Beaver. It's 10 minutes from the man terminal.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
And you can always grab a cab to the Flying Beaver. It's 10 minutes from the man terminal.
Last time I tried to hit the beaver on my layover it had a 30 min wait, plus it was difficult to get a cab/uber back to YVR. Maybe I just hit the wrong time...
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:54 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
They were flying a lot of YUL-TLV cargo flights up until a couple of weeks ago, perhaps cargo is keeping YYZ-TLV afloat as well. Speculation of course.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by ridefar
SE masks like SE luggage tags?
Someone needs to make Zone 1 masks.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:22 am

The SD on my flight on Sunday had worked a YYZ-TLV last week. I think he said the flight had around 40 pax.
jlisi984 and testycal like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 8:49 am

Question What are Trans-Atlantic flights like these days?

Folks, if anybody is flying Trans-Atlantic these days, can you share your experiences? I am looking for impressions regarding loads, ability to distance, other COVID-related safety, especially in the back of the bus.

Context: I am considering a YYZ-MUC / CDG-YYZ in the first half of August. No, it is not essential. Yes, I am aware of the GOC global travel advisory.

Please, let's not make this thread about the reasonability of the advisory as it stands, or about whether it is wise or foolish to travel, given the advisory.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 9:49 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by testycal
Economy...flew the route last year when BA was on strike...wondering what the new Covid reality looks like these days in terms of food and amenities or lack thereof. I find it odd that AC can make the route work from a passenger load perspective...that many Canadians with dual citizenship travelling YYZ to TLV and return?
It's not just people with dual citizenship. Many Jewish people like to visit Israel regardless of whether they're citizens, and some non-Jewish people too.

Also keep in mind that in addition to traffic from across Canada, AC has built a lot of business the past few years on carrying Americans on TATLs via YYZ/YUL and TPACs via YVR. The AC TLV flights may be convenient for those living in US cities without direct service to Israel. And AC often offers attractive prices to Americans even in big airline hubs like NYC.
testycal likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
Someone needs to make Zone 1 masks.

Plumber and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:08 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Last time I tried to hit the beaver on my layover it had a 30 min wait, plus it was difficult to get a cab/uber back to YVR. Maybe I just hit the wrong time...
Yeah, that can happen. Hopefully more in-airport options will be available soon for Domestic pax.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
as well as letting J pax use their dedicated toilet.
J lavs seem to be available to J pax as of Jul 1.
D582 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Evening flight YVR-YYC yesterday had 30 pax. Very quiet, but I should note the last YVR-YYC of the day is often (relatively) empty even in "normal" times.

--

Good news for YYC red-eye pax - Chili's was open even at 11:30 pm.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.