Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
New booking yesterday, eUp site was busted. Could not request an upgrade, or see my history.

An email to the concierge and 6 hours wait, eUp requested (and cleared).
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Another datapoint:

Was waitlisted AC51 (YVR-AKL) for tonight. At T-24 the request did not transfer and I was still in PE, but it looked like there were still 2 seats up front. Called the SE desk, they unchecked me in, opened R space, and cleared me in to it. Checked in again, now sitting up front.
dr_torch and canadiancow like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Another datapoint:

Was waitlisted AC51 (YVR-AKL) for tonight. At T-24 the request did not transfer and I was still in PE, but it looked like there were still 2 seats up front. Called the SE desk, they unchecked me in, opened R space, and cleared me in to it. Checked in again, now sitting up front.
That's great to hear - but how can I do this if I cannot call the SE desk?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by dr_torch
That's great to hear - but how can I do this if I cannot call the SE desk?
Well, the SE desk is basically reservations as I understand it. The difference is that a) they answered before my bagel was done toasting this morning and b) they might be willing to do more for SEs, like forcing open R space. But it wouldn’t hurt to call the E50 res number and find out.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: AC SE
Has anyone managed to get eUps credited back recently? I have 11 credits that have been in limbo for the past three weeks - 3 of them from a miscalculated upgrade and 8 from an eUp request than never cleared - and would really like to use them before they expire this month. I have filed eUp discrepancies forms but have not heard back. I tried Twitter as well but they sent me back to the eUp discrepancy form. Is there any way I can get a resolution quickly on this?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Hi all, long-time lurker, have learned a TON from reading and researching the excellent information shared here so gratitude to you all for that. I only recently started posting, so please forgive the noob question. I'm currently waitlisted on AC848 YYZ-LIS LHR departing Feb 12 (I made the request as soon as the 7-day window opened). Today while looking at the seat map from the eupgrade page I noticed the J cabin is starting to fill up, which makes it look like they are processing some upgrades. This makes sense, since AC earlier promised all of us they would process eups early since the airport can't do them now. I haven't received any email to say I've been upgraded, and my eup screen still shows me as waitlisted.

My question is, should I do what RatherBeInYow did here, and call the SE desk? Should I do it now, or wait until T-24? Is there an optimum window when making a call like this?

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by Ratsy; Feb 10, 2020 at 5:21 pm Reason: correcting typo
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ratsy
Hi all, long-time lurker, have learned a TON from reading and researching the excellent information shared here so gratitude to you all for that. I only recently started posting, so please forgive the noob question. I'm currently waitlisted on AC848 YYZ-LIS departing Feb 12 (I made the request as soon as the 7-day window opened). Today while looking at the seat map from the eupgrade page I noticed the J cabin is starting to fill up, which makes it look like they are processing some upgrades. This makes sense, since AC earlier promised all of us they would process eups early since the airport can't do them now. I haven't received any email to say I've been upgraded, and my eup screen still shows me as waitlisted.

My question is, should I do what RatherBeInYow did here, and call the SE desk? Should I do it now, or wait until T-24? Is there an optimum window when making a call like this?

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks!
You can certainly try now, though with it at J6, I'm not sure what they'll do. I had them clear me+1 on a J5 flight around T-24 back in December, but we were the top 2 on the list.
Ratsy likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Thanks canadiancow, I'll certainly give it a try and see what they say.
PS I will correct my post, as 848 is YYZ-LHR, not LIS.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: AC*SEMM
Waitlist Upgrades will not work until APRIL? Software issue

I was waitlisted on a flight (waitlist upgrade taken over the phone) ... but when I checked-in I see that NO ONE is on the upgrade waiting list ... When I call the agent confirmed that my WAITLIST has been CANCELLED (!!) by them ... because of a software change .. and now either you are upgraded immediately (R1) or there is no waitlist anymore until the software is fixed in April (?) ... has anyone heard the same thing?

This is a major change in benefits without warning .. in my case i would have taken for that flight a competing airline in Business which was much cheaper but i booked it because i had a very good chance of getting that upgrade ... not happy

I’m not DEMANDING to be upgraded .. I’m just asking to use my benefits that I’m paying .. the right to be put on the upgrade WAITING list (that’s it ... if someone else gets it .. that’s fine) ... I pay extra a lot of times to stay on Air Canada to keep these benefits ...
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
You were warned. Everyone got an email back in November explaining the limitations along with extra eupgrades for compensation. Well, if you can actually use them.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by lewis_m
You were warned. Everyone got an email back in November explaining the limitations along with extra eupgrades for compensation. Well, if you can actually use them.
Seriously. We were told of this issue months ago. And as I've posted elsewhere AC will sometimes open R space even after T-24, for SEs at least anyway, if you ask.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:06 am

I guess i’m too busy travelling and I missed it .. anyone has the link? For that flight at least I would have booked something else If I realized that ...
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
I guess i’m too busy travelling and I missed it .. anyone has the link? For that flight at least I would have booked something else If I realized that ...
It is here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...em-update.html and you were also sent and email explaining this and noting you had additional credits in your account as compensation. There is also an entire thread on this topic on this forum.

Unless you're flying paid J all the time I sincerely doubt you've been "too busy travelling" given that I've personally been through this R space game about 5 or 6 times since the Amadeus migration.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:16 am

It is here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...em-update.html and you were also sent and email explaining this and noting you had additional credits in your account as compensation. There is also an entire thread on this topic on this forum.

Unless you're flying paid J all the time I sincerely doubt you've been "too busy travelling" given that I've personally been through this R space game about 5 or 6 times since the Amadeus migration.
I don’t understand what you mean .. but what I MEANT is I was too busy travelling and missed this email .. i have an assistant who reads all my emails for me .. and she missed it ... and yes i travel every week sometimes twice per week .. and yes i fly paid J alot but sometimes AA and Delta ... will that that more often if Air Canada is 1,500$ and Delta is 800$ for instance for the same itinerary ... will reach my SE anyways .. 12 or 13 years in a row ...

The whole point of booking economy plus or latitude or flight pass for MORE MONEY than Delta or American in Economy (instead of paying J where AC is almost always more) ... is that i have a 90% chance of upgrading if i do it ... it’s a calculated gamble .. if i miss an upgrade as a ACMM I will not complain because i played by the rules and i lost .. i am 100% aware and will never complain of that!! BTW now they put me on the upgrade list which supposedly does not exist anymore!! the problem is one agent says X and the other Y ... not everyone has an assistant who can call an waste time to do that for you ... But i’m already changing some plans in March because of this ..
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:58 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
I don’t understand what you mean .. but what I MEANT is I was too busy travelling and missed this email .. i have an assistant who reads all my emails for me .. and she missed it ... and yes i travel every week sometimes twice per week ...
Since this has been an issue since November you're pretty lucky to have just found out about it now
I have several SE/SEMM/ACVIP status member clients who have missed upgrades due to the new tighter windows and lack of airport access to E-Credits. Some gate agents seem to still work a list others don't. It is a real crap shoot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.