Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pilot007
So would you email if it's J2 C2 D0 Z0 P0 R0 O1 E0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H8 Q5 V1 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 at T-40? SE upgrading from low flex to J. Numbers don't look great, but I can't SDC either because I'd blow my chance at an eUpgrade then. FWIW last year when I travelled on this route on the same date my e-Up to PY cleared and then I was further op-up'ed to J because Y was oversold.
An email can't hurt. Worst case scenario, I'm sure the reply will be "please contact us again if your name doesn't show on the list after check-in".
pilot007 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC E35K
I got upgraded immediately as well. I’m E35k and requested at 8 days when my window opened.
musicmtl likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: E50 MM
Originally Posted by Tulips700
I got upgraded immediately as well. I’m E35k and requested at 8 days when my window opened.
8 day window? Is the window been extended of late? If so, does the extended eUp window also apply to international bookings? I am E75 and thought I was looking at a 6 day window for international.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rushfan1
8 day window? Is the window been extended of late? If so, does the extended eUp window also apply to international bookings? I am E75 and thought I was looking at a 6 day window for international.
Its a domestic flight.

Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:16 pm

International is 6 days for e75k

Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Mr. FQ is gifted E35K. I was looking at his window and it says Canada-USA window 8 days from Standard as well as Flex, but on the number of eUps required page, it does not mention Standard. Is eUp from Standard still a thing for E35K or nah?

Last edited by flyquiet; Dec 12, 2019 at 7:31 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Mr. FQ is gifted E35K. I was looking at his window and it says Canada-USA window 8 days from Standard as well as Flex, but on the number of eUps required page, it does not mention Standard. Is eUp from Standard still a thing for E35K or nah?

It says you can upgrade from Standard Fare until February 29, 2020

Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Thanks - the only chart I could see cut off after Flex. I tried unsuccessfully to scroll. Thanks for finding that!
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by martinintheair
Has this happened to anyone? I waitlisted for eupgrade on my flight T-48 hours, checked in for my original economy seat, then in the last 15 hours, my waitlist status clearly didn't clear (wasn't shown on app upgrade list and OLCI showed original seat) BUT when looking at 'My Bookings' on Air Canada's site, it showed my flight has cancelled (It was not and could still access seat assignment/boarding pass via OLCI - called AC to verify).

Turns out when I called in, when my waitlist status didn't clear, it was showing I has two of the same flight back to Toronto (could verify via eUpgrade site - one for eupgrade (still showed waitlist checked), one for original ticket saying upgrade not available), and that the system was reading the waitlist that didn't clear as my entire flight was cancelled. I could see in bookings that I had two of the same flight number under seat selection (no seat selected).

This is what the phone agent told me but didn't really believe it... Though she had someone remove the upgrade request and it was once again showing one flight only and the flight was no longer cancelled.

Any insight and whether anyone has had a similar experience?
Same thing just happened to me for AC739 tomorrow... requested upgrade at T-10d from PE to J. It didn't clear. I checked in online.

Now, I am not on any waitlist anymore and my bookings says flight is cancelled when it's not.

Arghhh! Anyone have any insight or am I just SOL ? E50 so no concierge to email... just FT
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
AC Twitter confirmed to me that since my waitlist didn't clear before check-in, too bad for me. There is no waitlist capability in the last 24h...and it doesn't carry over...

Ridiculous !
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xray
AC Twitter confirmed to me that since my waitlist didn't clear before check-in, too bad for me. There is no waitlist capability in the last 24h...and it doesn't carry over...

Ridiculous !
None of that is accurate. I know some people who have been listed within 24 hours, and I know others who have had it transfer automatically.

Ask at the airport.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by canadiancow
None of that is accurate. I know some people who have been listed within 24 hours, and I know others who have had it transfer automatically.

Ask at the airport.
+1, I have cleared mostly prior, but once or twice at airport.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
Trying to apply for an eup and keep getting error message 8405. What should I do other than the very unhelpful suggestion the website that I call AC Reservations.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by MQS007
Trying to apply for an eup and keep getting error message 8405. What should I do other than the very unhelpful suggestion the website that I call AC Reservations.
Had a similar error with an eupgrade request yesterday. Had to phone in to Reservations, as the system wasn't recognizing that the upgrade account owner was the same as the name on the PNR, as some of the name formatting issues with Amadeus are causing the system to not recognize the link. If it's the same problem, it seems like a call to Reservations to get the name cleaned up is the way to resolve.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
There will go an hour of my time I will never get back. Why doesn't AC have a phone system with a call you back function?
gcashin and Bohemian1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.