Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eUps pre-airport for regulars since Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Attempted to upgrade to PY on DEC 11 ZRH - YYZ, booked in Flex. When I went to the eupgrade site it shows a greyed out "Cabin Not Available" message for that segment. I emailed the concierge, despite the out of office message stating that they are too busy to respond, they got back to me in about 60 minutes and offered me 12A, 13 A/B.
totti, Plumber and monkai like this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Also, technically, getting an eUp cleared does not give you MLL access

(unless that rule was changed)
i found in the terms and conditions and not really sure how I missed it but I miss more and more as the days go on lol.
yes we will fly under the same terms and conditions of the original booking. It’s basically a seat in the cabin: I didn’t realize that and at T27 hours now it’s still showing as waitlisted for the premium cabin in rouge. I’d like to just cancel the darn request to be honest but there’s no way to do it online. The phone lines won’t even put you on hold and the app and website are not really helping at all
the booking reference (which has been changed from the original booking reference) won’t let me do anything as it says the Aeroplan number associated with the booking isn’t valid (and it is so ZERO clue there). There’s no way to make an adjustment or even make sure our nexus passid’s are on the booking. And to top it all off the return segment shows under details “you will be seated in premium rouge” despite the fact we booked an economic fare and paid a bit extra for the preferred seats in the first few rows of the 767-300
no clue what’s going on since the new migration and changes to the website but it’s really poor.....
Im assuming on line check in will work but who knows and hopefully we can check the nexus is added (we want that for the TSA pre in Orlando ......) and I’m hoping we get a boarding pass of some sort 😂😂😂😂
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
i found in the terms and conditions and not really sure how I missed it but I miss more and more as the days go on lol.
yes we will fly under the same terms and conditions of the original booking. It’s basically a seat in the cabin: I didn’t realize that and at T27 hours now it’s still showing as waitlisted for the premium cabin in rouge. I’d like to just cancel the darn request to be honest but there’s no way to do it online. The phone lines won’t even put you on hold and the app and website are not really helping at all
the booking reference (which has been changed from the original booking reference) won’t let me do anything as it says the Aeroplan number associated with the booking isn’t valid (and it is so ZERO clue there). There’s no way to make an adjustment or even make sure our nexus passid’s are on the booking. And to top it all off the return segment shows under details “you will be seated in premium rouge” despite the fact we booked an economic fare and paid a bit extra for the preferred seats in the first few rows of the 767-300
no clue what’s going on since the new migration and changes to the website but it’s really poor.....
Im assuming on line check in will work but who knows and hopefully we can check the nexus is added (we want that for the TSA pre in Orlando ......) and I’m hoping we get a boarding pass of some sort 😂😂😂😂
You can use Twitter to cancel your eUp request. Just send them a DM with the reference number and they will cancel it.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC -SE, SPG-PLT, HH-G, Natl XcElite
As a followup to my earlier YYZ-HKG AC15 posting which was originally:
AC 15 YYZ
12/09/19 9:35 AMHKG
12/10/19 2:30 PM77W
Daily
77% / 22m
J9C9D9Z9P9R0O5E5N3Y9B9M9U9H9Q9V9W9G0S0T0L0A0K0

I received an email at T-73 hours saying that the upgrade was cleared.
Logged into Air Canada, the page still says Premium Economy, clicked on change seats, and it pops up J-Cabin seating plan. Selected 9k, and the system hung. Tried again, 9k was taken so selected 10k. Even after the system accepts the seat assignment, the booking still says the old premium economy. The only way to see the seat assignment is to back to click on the "Change Seat" icon to see that 10k is now taken. Post notification of Upgrade, the Expertflyer fare bucket numbers haven't changed.J9 C9 D9 Z8 P7 R0 O6 E6 N5 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Haven't changed? ZP dropped and OEN went up...
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:29 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I have had two colleagues in the past week who tried booking upgrades from PY around T-72 via the website and couldn't.

Both of them called the concierges and one of them got the upgrade eventually and the other one didn't. And then day of flight they both got emails saying that they had been oped up.

Both flights were TATLs originating in LHR and CDG. And they are boths SEs obviously. Dunno what the R/P space availability looked like at the time.

It's only two data points, but I wonder if AC is pushing through more op-ups to help alleviate the e-up hassles.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Dec 6, 2019 at 2:45 pm Reason: It's obvious.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:34 pm

Nothing like cheapening the cabin...
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Cerberus
This whole eupgrade thing is a giant mess. I don't know about the rest of you, but I try to put into my calendar to do upgrades against my upcoming flights as soon as its within the window normally. Since the transition, nothing displays properly. If you go into the transaction screen, you see credits taking out, and then put back in. I am getting some of the upgrades via email, and others I don't. None of my recent flights have shown upgraded or such on the boarding cards until I usually get to the gate. I don't know, I guess I'll just keep pushing the buttons like a monkey and hope some go through here and there!
I had the same problem with the credits getting redeposited. I posted this elsewhere but forget where. The problem was that despite being logged in, the system no longer remembers my email address and there is a field on the eUp request page to input the email address and you have to type it in. The field is absolutely not at all attention getting. I had no idea it was meant to be filled in.
If the form gets the email address input, it has a place to confirm the upgrade to, and it will process. If it doesn't have an email address, it doesn't know where to confirm it to, and redeposits the credits. This is clearly stupid, buggy BS, but that solved it for me. Hope it helps others.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:55 pm

They're really screwing over last minute pax.

A YYZ-YVR widebody went from J9 R0 to J1 R1 around T-48.

Different YYZ-YVR widebody, but it's currently J0 with an SE in M class (purchased 30 hours before departure) as number one on the list. Of two people.

I suspect they cleared a bunch of P25Ks.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I had the same problem with the credits getting redeposited. I posted this elsewhere but forget where. The problem was that despite being logged in, the system no longer remembers my email address and there is a field on the eUp request page to input the email address and you have to type it in. The field is absolutely not at all attention getting. I had no idea it was meant to be filled in.
If the form gets the email address input, it has a place to confirm the upgrade to, and it will process. If it doesn't have an email address, it doesn't know where to confirm it to, and redeposits the credits. This is clearly stupid, buggy BS, but that solved it for me. Hope it helps others.
Everything is just totally a mess. I just upgraded a latitude flight YEG-YVR-FRA and it indicated 13 credits when it is supposed to be 11. Since I have gotten 3 B class fare upgrades for +2 credits (instead of -3) as they have screwing up how they manually remove credits, I just did it for 13. I can't be bothered to be on the phone for another hour to have it done correctly. Since I am actually +5 since the changeover (due to incorrect deductions and deposits) I figured I would just do it for the 13. This is worst I have ever seen it. They just don't have a clue...
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
They're really screwing over last minute pax.

A YYZ-YVR widebody went from J9 R0 to J1 R1 around T-48.

Different YYZ-YVR widebody, but it's currently J0 with an SE in M class (purchased 30 hours before departure) as number one on the list. Of two people.

I suspect they cleared a bunch of P25Ks.
If they are doing this it will really thwart our plans of being upgraded to J day of (at the gate, as SE100K) on Aeroplan mixed cabin tickets where we paid J/I mileage rates.

If an SE requests an Eup at T-7 or T-14, they can see this and choose to manually clear in advance. But I suspect Aeroplan mixed cabin awards will take them by surprise...
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
If they are doing this it will really thwart our plans of being upgraded to J day of (at the gate, as SE100K) on Aeroplan mixed cabin tickets where we paid J/I mileage rates.

If an SE requests an Eup at T-7 or T-14, they can see this and choose to manually clear in advance. But I suspect Aeroplan mixed cabin awards will take them by surprise...
Anyone know the Amadeus command to put someone on a waitlist for I-class?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K; SQ KF Elite Gold; AS MVP 75k; DL Plat.; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Gold;
Originally Posted by Indiavictorcharlie
Another DP for those interested:
Booked last night in low flex for YYZ-YVR next week and eupgrade came up as waitlisted (J9,R0) and so I set up and EF alert and thought nothing more of it- just chose a preferred seat and that was that.
Got two emails (duplicate) this morning that my upgrade had cleared and no alert from EF with the flight still showing J9;R0. I would say it was roughly 8 hours from the original wait list email to the double confirmation of the eup going through today. I had to go on the website to select seating as it seems to confirm the upgrade but not assign seats which I found a bit strange but then all things considered I am satisfied with the quick eup confirmation.

Also have an aeroplan booking that is within the window but apparently isn't eligible for upgrade and considering the long hold times being talked about I think I'll save my eups/copay for another day.
Update: I got opups on both AE bookings in X that I couldn't upgrade when within the new 3 day window despite the flights showing R9 at that time. The flights didn't appear to be overbooked and were J9,R9 all the way down to S9 and J9,R9...W9 on the day of. The GA mentioned my "upgrade clearing" but whatever the method, considering I got a J seat and no credits have been taken I'm glad I didn't call in to end up on hold for hours.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Indiavictorcharlie
Update: I got opups on both AE bookings in X that I couldn't upgrade when within the new 3 day window despite the flights showing R9 at that time. The flights didn't appear to be overbooked and were J9,R9 all the way down to S9 and J9,R9...W9 on the day of. The GA mentioned my "upgrade clearing" but whatever the method, considering I got a J seat and no credits have been taken I'm glad I didn't call in to end up on hold for hours.
Indiavictorcharlie

Please explain how you knew these were true op-ups.

also, please explain how you were going to upgrade your X bookings within the "new 3 day window".

what new window is this?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K; SQ KF Elite Gold; AS MVP 75k; DL Plat.; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Gold;
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Indiavictorcharlie

Please explain how you knew these were true op-ups.

also, please explain how you were going to upgrade your X bookings within the "new 3 day window".

what new window is this?
Now that we are a few days past when this happened I can conclude they were opups since I didn't request an eup (only because the site wouldn't let me and I didn't want to call in) and no credits have been take from my eup account.

I don't think the opup had anything to do with the difficulty requesting an eupgrade...it's just something that ended up benefitting me. AC gods were kind to me..

As for the eup window...you may recall the old charts listed a 24hr window for X bookings but since the new post transition AC world stipulated that upgrades had to be done at least 24 hrs before the flight I went online to see what the deal was with AE bookings. I expected AC IT to continue to state 24hrs but to my surprise it now showed 3 days for AE bookings in X. Link below.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ng-window.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.