FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1925159-aeroplan-issues-award-redemption-partner-airlines.html)

RangerNS Sep 27, 2018 11:54 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer (Post 30222417)
I understood that there is a train from Penn St to EWR without the bus. I am in NY next spring and getting to airports is important info for me. Sub/Airtrain combo to JFK should be faster and more convenient than a direct bus from the terminal ( I used that in the past), no?

Connections either way, Manhattan to EWR or JFK.

To JFK, I suggest splurging the extra $5 and getting the LIRR over the subway.

yoteshot Sep 27, 2018 1:39 pm

Yeah, sorry for the tone there. A bit of it was venting, but also trying to see if anybody has had any luck booking SN with AP recently or if anybody had talked to a supervisor to get through.

All in all, it's just frustrating to contact Brussels Airlines and have this reply:
"I just checked and saw that we already have the flight SN551 scheduled even up to August 2019."
- I know, but none of your seats are visible for Aeroplan staff nor on their search engine. Is this something you or a colleague can look at? Thank you
- There might be limited space given for bookings with Aeroplan. Regards.

Wow, thanks! Don't hit me with that limited space when you have 0 seat for a whole year (in Y, BTW). That's not limited, that's inexistant.

I have a miniRTW booking right now, but we need to change the return leg (from ATH). Target was to do ATH-VIE on July 9th (A3), VIE-BRU on July 10 (SN, still bookable) and then BRU-YYZ on July 11 (SN). With the time of the flights, this would give us 2 x 23:30 layovers; absolutely perfect. Looking at other options right now to do ATH-CITY1-CITY2-YYZ/YUL-YOW. Ideally, we'd avoid the USA on this return flight, but if necessary, we could stop there, especially if we have a direct flight to YOW afterwards (don't want 2 stops in NA). I know the main options leaving from Europe are LIS, BRU, ZRH, WAW and CPH, but I'm not finding anything on most of these, no matter the date I look for (all in Y).

YYT82 Sep 27, 2018 3:33 pm

LO flies from BUD to JFK and ORD direct non-stop for anyone who doesn't know. And no, these are not fifth freedom flights; LO is simply building a base in Hungary.

rankourabu Sep 28, 2018 11:28 am

SK longhaul flights are still blocked by Aeroplan where available via LM or UAMP

rankourabu Sep 28, 2018 11:29 am

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5a5218e8a3.jpg

Torontoteach Oct 8, 2018 6:50 pm

trouble booking TAP

Hello Flyertalk gurus,

I think the Aeroplan site isn't working well. I'm having difficulty booking an award flight: YYZ-LIS-FCO on July 8th, 2019. I tried calling into the call centre and they're also unable to book.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

TravelBum23 Oct 10, 2018 10:41 pm

EVA not showing up on Aeroplan search for awards booking?

I know there were a few airlines what were not showing up on Aeroplan a few months back due to technical issues on Aeroplan's end, but at that time, EVA was not an issue. I've been searching for JFK--TPE as round trip as well as using TPE as one of the multicity destinations, but not seeing EVA showing on Aeroplan's search (April & May of 2019). Is EVA unbookable on Aeroplan now? Thanks for any insights.

24left Oct 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by TravelBum23 (Post 30302302)
I know there were a few airlines what were not showing up on Aeroplan a few months back due to technical issues on Aeroplan's end, but at that time, EVA was not an issue. I've been searching for JFK--TPE as round trip as well as using TPE as one of the multicity destinations, but not seeing EVA showing on Aeroplan's search (April & May of 2019). Is EVA unbookable on Aeroplan now? Thanks for any insights.

The issue with EVA (BR) - as well as other airlines - is already discussed in at least 2 other threads, for example

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1476824-all-about-eva-br-ap-numbers-recognized-earning-award-info-seat-assignment-40.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1925159-aeroplan-issues-award-redemption-partner-airlines.html

Others will have their own experience but it shows up when it shows up. Either BR isn't releasing for the dates you are currently searching or the seats were taken already or it's an Aeroplan issue. You can call Aeroplan or you can keep checking the site.

300rwhp Oct 11, 2018 6:16 am

Is SK working i see some availability but i have a hard time believing that SK CPH-LHR in Y is unavailable. Aeroplan.com constantly tries to route me via germany. SK out of cph and then lh connecting to LHR.

yoteshot Oct 18, 2018 6:42 am

I had been looking everyday trying to find a way back from Europe that would give me interesting layover times and once again, LOT flights have been removed from Aeroplan as of this morning (they were there yesterday afternoon). With no signs of the SN flight between BRU and YYZ, TAP seems to be the only no/low-YQ airline flying transatlantic with availability right now, with LX and TK having some as well. Really wonder where all of the UA, SK, SN and LOT seats have gone.

rankourabu Oct 18, 2018 8:51 am

Originally Posted by yoteshot (Post 30328148)
I had been looking everyday trying to find a way back from Europe that would give me interesting layover times and once again, LOT flights have been removed from Aeroplan as of this morning (they were there yesterday afternoon). With no signs of the SN flight between BRU and YYZ, TAP seems to be the only no/low-YQ airline flying transatlantic with availability right now, with LX and TK having some as well. Really wonder where all of the UA, SK, SN and LOT seats have gone.

What little UA there is goes immediately to UA redeemers (lower cost vs partners) - and by the time the Aeroplan window hits, there are few results, usually on obscure routes (EDI, NCL etc). On top of that, UA is stingy to begin with with TATL I space far out (albeit generous with IN for elites) - they think they can sell those seats, or at least get people to pay for an instrument upgrade = scarcity.

LX I've actually found very generous in business in available space - but Aeroplan will pull up AC/LH (where AC makes extra $$$) before pulling up LX

Pseudo Nim Oct 25, 2018 6:36 am

OS itineraries show up but are not bookable. Works on United, though. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

abbymtl Dec 5, 2018 3:34 pm

TAP Awards

It seems TAP awards aren't bookable either, anyone else having issues?

YXUFlyboy Dec 6, 2018 8:45 am

Originally Posted by abbymtl (Post 30502914)

I've seen them come up but I haven't tried to book.

WildcatYXU Dec 6, 2018 11:57 am

Originally Posted by abbymtl (Post 30502914)

Yes. I was able to book with agent help TAP eastbound only with complications. He was able to book the TATL portion of our YXU - KSC trip on TAP, but the LIS-VIE flight visible at the web site wasn't available. So he routed us through AMS on TAP/OS.
Westbound it was a different story. The agent was able to book it, but the TAP segments "disappeared" by next morning from the booking.
Also our son tried to have a westbound trip booked on TAP, but no success. The flights were visible on the web site, but the agent wasn't able to book them.