FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1925159-aeroplan-issues-award-redemption-partner-airlines.html)

WildcatYXU Dec 12, 2018 6:30 am

It looks like we can add UA to the "unbookable" airlines. I found some availability from EWR and IAD to Europe for early summer in what looks like F*. But when I tried a mock booking, the Aeroplan web site refused to book it.

*It was called Premium Economy, but the fare class was O and the necessary mileage was on F level

canadiancow Dec 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by WildcatYXU (Post 30526727)
It looks like we can add UA to the "unbookable" airlines. I found some availability from EWR and IAD to Europe for early summer in what looks like F*. But when I tried a mock booking, the Aeroplan web site refused to book it.

*It was called Premium Economy, but the fare class was O and the necessary mileage was on F level

UA got rid of F and made O PY, similar to AC.

This issue on the Aeroplan site is known and has been discussed. This is not F space, and you should not be able to book it through Aeroplan. The only bug is that it's showing up at all.

WildcatYXU Dec 13, 2018 8:14 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30528794)
UA got rid of F and made O PY, similar to AC.

This issue on the Aeroplan site is known and has been discussed. This is not F space, and you should not be able to book it through Aeroplan. The only bug is that it's showing up at all.

I missed that discussion. Thanks for the info.

Thunderroad Dec 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by abbymtl (Post 30502914)
It seems TAP awards aren't bookable either, anyone else having issues?

Yep. Just tried a few times today with a few different TAP routes. Aeroplan site showed availability, but couldn't complete booking on the site and over the phone.

Cap'n Benj Dec 17, 2018 1:56 pm

I can see LX award availability on UA that is not available on Aeroplan (BOS-ZRH)

Anyone know now why this may be? Interestingly there is an earlier LX flight available on both site but the later one only on UA

24left Dec 17, 2018 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj (Post 30546190)
I can see LX award availability on UA that is not available on Aeroplan (BOS-ZRH)

Anyone know now why this may be? Interestingly there is an earlier LX flight available on both site but the later one only on UA

Somewhere in this thread and elsewhere, are other posts asking the same about partner availability.

Short answer: the airlines do not release the same offerings to all *A partners. There are posts asking why UA and NH have awards that don't show on Aeroplan. On the SQ forum and NH forum, there are questions why awards don't match UA etc,

In your case it is about an earlier flight, in other examples, it is about partners and routes that don't show on Aeroplan.

Also, did you call Aeroplan and ask an agent if they see the space?

Cap'n Benj Dec 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 30546229)
Also, did you call Aeroplan and ask an agent if they see the space?

Nope, I’m very much an Aeroplan noob and this was the kind of thing I was hoping to find out.

Is it common for them to be able to see things on their systems that are not on line?

Happy Dec 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj (Post 30546281)

Is it common for them to be able to see things on their systems that are not on line?

No.
All programs have similar issues. not just Aeroplan. Happens all the time with AA on Finnair availability for example.
It does not hurt to make a call to find out what the agent sees.

agjil Jan 23, 2019 10:09 am

I think Aeroplan is not showing UA and NH availability properly, at least for some dates.
I tried searching for UA and NH biz/first class award space, but the Aeroplan website did not return any availability when I can see award space being available on other *A websites (UA, NH, AV, etc)
Even Expertflyer is saying there is positive award space at the saver level for UA and NH flights in biz/first class, but Aeroplan just doesn't display any.
Is anyone else having issues with UA and NH awards via Aeroplan?
I thought this was fixed some time ago but maybe not?

canadiancow Jan 23, 2019 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by agjil (Post 30690884)
I think Aeroplan is not showing UA and NH availability properly, at least for some dates.
I tried searching for UA and NH biz/first class award space, but the Aeroplan website did not return any availability when I can see award space being available on other *A websites (UA, NH, AV, etc)
Even Expertflyer is saying there is positive award space at the saver level for UA and NH flights in biz/first class, but Aeroplan just doesn't display any.
Is anyone else having issues with UA and NH awards via Aeroplan?
I thought this was fixed some time ago but maybe not?

I booked UA I class 10 days ago.

folkart Feb 5, 2019 10:05 am

LOT not bookable on Aeroplan

I've been trying to book a flight on LOT from BUD to WAW but only Austrian with a connection is available and timing doesn't quite work. Called Aeroplan, apparently no bookings work in LOT as after booking they were being cancelled by LOT. No expected resolution date. Was advised to just book a revenue ticket.

rankourabu Feb 5, 2019 10:46 am

Dont hold your breath, last time it took months to fix.

YVRFLY Feb 6, 2019 1:27 pm

Turkish Airlines not available

Any one else having issues with finding a TK flight? Last week I could find plenty of them from ORD and JFK to IST in August. Since yesterday I can't find any.

yyznomad Feb 6, 2019 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by folkart (Post 30742154)
I've been trying to book a flight on LOT from BUD to WAW but only Austrian with a connection is available and timing doesn't quite work. Called Aeroplan, apparently no bookings work in LOT as after booking they were being cancelled by LOT. No expected resolution date. Was advised to just book a revenue ticket.

Originally Posted by YVRFLY (Post 30747233)
Any one else having issues with finding a TK flight? Last week I could find plenty of them from ORD and JFK to IST in August. Since yesterday I can't find any.

I can't remember if it was this thread (because I thought I had posted here but I guess I didn't!) or another thread, but I posted somewhere recently that this was an ongoing issue with LO and TK (and others), unfortunately. :(

YVRFLY Feb 6, 2019 3:37 pm

How long does this outage usually last for? Just wondering if it is worth waiting out or trying to book another airline.