FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1925159-aeroplan-issues-award-redemption-partner-airlines.html)

ffsim Sep 11, 2018 9:09 am

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 30191844)
yessssssssss......I suppose I just like the headline

I guess they decided against using the headline “Aeroplan is Working to Offer their Stuff.”

;)

pentiumvi Sep 12, 2018 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30190311)
He made it work. AC 014 ticket number, Last Name/First Name Mr works to pull up the record. Thank you very much for finding the link.

You must be very lucky.

I keep getting error messages:
"The current number of inquiries is high, it is recommended to check later!"

or

"Sorry, due to the increase in traffic, there will be no information or incomplete information. Please try again or try again later"

Happy Sep 12, 2018 9:33 am

Originally Posted by pentiumvi (Post 30194657)
You must be very lucky.

I keep getting error messages:
"The current number of inquiries is high, it is recommended to check later!"

or

"Sorry, due to the increase in traffic, there will be no information or incomplete information. Please try again or try again later"

I dont know the details. The checking was done by the relative who lives in Toronto. He had trouble checking his lone PEK-HKG segment so I came here asking help.

The site provided by canadianhockey91 is the ONLY site that worked. Even this Amadeus Taiwan site gave him system error each time he checked.

Working - ??? - ???????? ????????????

Not working - Amadeus Itinerary Receipt (ITR) (it often gave system busy error, but it had worked for me not too long ago for any Amadeus PNRs).

According to the relative, when he tried the Air China PNR it did not work, gave him error messages like yours. However the AC 016 ticket number worked, with name combination as Last Name / First Name Mr, and Voila, it pulled up his details. He told me he would check his wife's. Since I have not heard back, I assume everything is OK on their tickets.

BTW, what panicked him was the comments made by the Air China North America CS who told him he had to "reconfirm" his tickets in PEK before they fly, so "not to lose their seats". He thought it was a Done Deal once tickets were issued. (they just started using Aeroplan awards now so a very rookie in the world of award travel.) When he told me that why did he need to reconfirm... I gave him some horror stories on CA and urged him to make sure his tickets are properly shown in CA system. Though I believe they should be fine due to 1) Coach seats, 2) Shuttle flights not high demand flight. So chances of someone would pay high price for their seats are near zero, but still....

YYT82 Sep 12, 2018 10:07 am

TG/LX/SK are back in the search results. Haven't been able to confirm NH yet.

Edit: I was able to confirm NH. Hence the only remaining issue is with LO.

Beltway2A Sep 12, 2018 10:20 am

Originally Posted by YYT82 (Post 30196106)

TG has been intermittently in and out. Given that LX is back though, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts.

Edit: I'm seeing North America to Asia NH, but not intra-asia NH.

canadianhockey91 Sep 12, 2018 10:30 am

Originally Posted by YYT82 (Post 30196106)

Edit: I was able to confirm NH. Hence the only remaining issue is with LO.

Thanks! And thank you aeroplan as now the flights I wanted are gone. Wooooooo!

dtman85 Sep 12, 2018 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Beltway2A (Post 30196166)
Edit: I'm seeing North America to Asia NH, but not intra-asia NH.

I found some NH intr-asia flights.

heraclitus Sep 12, 2018 10:53 am

LX is back? I didn't see it come up in my search results this morning (they regularly still show up in my united.com searches, so I know they're there).

Do you have to call in to ask?

Beltway2A Sep 12, 2018 10:53 am

Originally Posted by dtman85 (Post 30196252)
I found some NH intr-asia flights.

I've caught a few in Y now, but not the particular J flight I need. In theory the TG calendar should be opening for me in a few days though, so if it's still working I'll go for TG F.

ChrisA330 Sep 12, 2018 11:14 am

Originally Posted by heraclitus (Post 30196292)
LX is back? I didn't see it come up in my search results this morning (they regularly still show up in my united.com searches, so I know they're there).

Do you have to call in to ask?

They’ve just literally come back. I was searching earlier relating to another thread, and once I saw the post here I searched again. Sure enough the LX were showing.

heraclitus Sep 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330 (Post 30196380)

They’ve just literally come back. I was searching earlier relating to another thread, and once I saw the post here I searched again. Sure enough the LX were showing.

Yes! LX is there!

Unfortunately I cannot find a return flight across the Atlantic on a low-YQ carrier next summer for love or money. No LX, SK, SN, UA, nothing. Not even a sign of SK/SN/UA for TATL.

So I'm glad that LX is back but there are still too many other pieces missing to book right now, unfortunately.

YYT82 Sep 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus (Post 30197080)
Yes! LX is there!

Unfortunately I cannot find a return flight across the Atlantic on a low-YQ carrier next summer for love or money. No LX, SK, SN, UA, nothing. Not even a sign of SK/SN/UA for TATL.

So I'm glad that LX is back but there are still too many other pieces missing to book right now, unfortunately.

Depending on your origin/destination (which determines your MPM), you can try ET DUB-LAX, AI LHR-EWR or TK. You could also book SQ FRA-JFK in Y for now and wait for J space to open up on other YQ-free carriers then pay a change fee to grab them.

Pseudo Nim Sep 13, 2018 6:20 am

"Working" is maybe a bit of a relative statement.

Try 06JUL. YUL-FCO will pull up YUL-ZRH-FCO on LX. But try YUL-ZRH and the direct doesn't come up ... but YUL-ORD-ZRH does. Try ORD-ZRH? Nothing comes up! Argh!

YYT82 Sep 13, 2018 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 30199012)
"Working" is maybe a bit of a relative statement.

Try 06JUL. YUL-FCO will pull up YUL-ZRH-FCO on LX. But try YUL-ZRH and the direct doesn't come up ... but YUL-ORD-ZRH does. Try ORD-ZRH? Nothing comes up! Argh!

It's working for sure. You just had the pleasure of running into the married segment logic which LX applies to even award bookings.

Pseudo Nim Sep 13, 2018 6:35 am

Originally Posted by YYT82 (Post 30199043)

It's working for sure. You just had the pleasure of running into the married segment logic which LX applies to even award bookings.

Oh. Is that new? I haven’t run into this before and i’ve flown a ton of LX awards. Will Aeroplan break it or do i need to get my jedi mind tricks out?