Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Unable to book EVA flights using aeroplan miles

Has anyone experienced this issue? I called aeroplan and the agent said there is some kind of ongoing synching issue between aeroplan and EVA.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by nli007
Has anyone experienced this issue? I called aeroplan and the agent said there is some kind of ongoing synching issue between aeroplan and EVA.
Just did a quick search YYZ-TPE over the next few days and availability is wide open in both Y + J.

What route are you looking at?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive Club, Asia Miles
I booked last week with EVA
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by imverge
Just did a quick search YYZ-TPE over the next few days and availability is wide open in both Y + J.

What route are you looking at?
The issue is not with finding availability of EVA on aeroplan, it's with booking it. For example, YYZ to TPE on Aug 15, 2018. Shows available, when I go to book, I get the following message:

THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE
We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

I know for a fact there is availability by checking Expert Flyer and United
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
FYI, this thread already has discussions of issues relating to BR availability

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment
nli007 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I would be shocked, simply shocked, if AC again had issues ticketing a non-scamcharge airline due to "technical issues

They've only done it with CA ET LO AV CM....
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I would be shocked, simply shocked, if AC again had issues ticketing a non-scamcharge airline due to "technical issues

They've only done it with CA ET LO AV CM....
And LH and AC.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by nli007
The issue is not with finding availability of EVA on aeroplan, it's with booking it. For example, YYZ to TPE on Aug 15, 2018. Shows available, when I go to book, I get the following message:

THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE
We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

I know for a fact there is availability by checking Expert Flyer and United
Oh OK, you didn't provide those details on your original post.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Booked a J trip 4 days ago no problem. All of $7 in charges which always leaves you with a good feeling.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:37 am

Last week I was looking at several different business class flights from NYC (EWR/JFK) to Zurich/Geneva on Swiss Airlines. This week no matter what date I choose they are trying to book me through Air Canada or Austrian with 1 connection and crazy taxes. There are 2 direct flights from both EWR and JFK to Zurich every day and I can't find one business class seat? Something seems fishy.

Edit: should clarify I am searching between May and August 2019.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by akiberg
Last week I was looking at several different business class flights from NYC (EWR/JFK) to Zurich/Geneva on Swiss Airlines. This week no matter what date I choose they are trying to book me through Air Canada or Austrian with 1 connection and crazy taxes. There are 2 direct flights from both EWR and JFK to Zurich every day and I can't find one business class seat? Something seems fishy.

Edit: should clarify I am searching between May and August 2019.
It doesn't appear to be Aeroplan specific. I checked via United and Lifemiles and wasn't able to find Business Class either.

I did notice lately that SWISS releases more Business Class seats within 3 weeks of departure.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by imverge
It doesn't appear to be Aeroplan specific. I checked via United and Lifemiles and wasn't able to find Business Class either.

I did notice lately that SWISS releases more Business Class seats within 3 weeks of departure.
I don't understand why I can't find one Scandinavian Airlines or Swiss Airlines seat on Aeroplan. There has to be a business class seat available on either one of those airlines?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: AC 75K
There has to be a business class seat available on either one of those airlines?
Does there? Don't assume that even booking this far our, you'll find seats on your desired airline/dates. Have you found availability on flights using a different program that don't appear when searching on Aeroplan? If so, then it is an AE issue. If not, Aeroplan is not the problem.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Does there? Don't assume that even booking this far our, you'll find seats on your desired airline/dates. Have you found availability on flights using a different program that don't appear when searching on Aeroplan? If so, then it is an AE issue. If not, Aeroplan is not the problem.
As of a few days ago, there were tons of Swiss Airlines/Scandinavians available. Now can't seem to find one.

Edit: Searching on Scandinavian Airlines website there appear to be some business class points tickets for business class from EWR to CPH.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:10 am

As of a few days ago, there were tons of Swiss Airlines/Scandinavians available. Now can't seem to find one.
It sounds as if there is a system disconnect but it doesn't appear to be Aeroplan's fault as I've checked UA and LM and couldn't find anything either.

Give it a couple of days and see if availability comes back because it does seem very odd there are no seats especially with multiple flights out of NYC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.