Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Old Aug 13, 18, 10:31 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Posts: 174
Unable to book EVA flights using aeroplan miles

Has anyone experienced this issue? I called aeroplan and the agent said there is some kind of ongoing synching issue between aeroplan and EVA.
nli007 is offline  
Old Aug 13, 18, 10:49 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto (YYZ)
Posts: 6,118
Originally Posted by nli007 View Post
Has anyone experienced this issue? I called aeroplan and the agent said there is some kind of ongoing synching issue between aeroplan and EVA.
Just did a quick search YYZ-TPE over the next few days and availability is wide open in both Y + J.

What route are you looking at?
imverge is offline  
Old Aug 13, 18, 10:52 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive Club, Asia Miles
Posts: 216
I booked last week with EVA
stevescott1983 is offline  
Old Aug 13, 18, 11:36 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Posts: 174
Originally Posted by imverge View Post
Just did a quick search YYZ-TPE over the next few days and availability is wide open in both Y + J.

What route are you looking at?
The issue is not with finding availability of EVA on aeroplan, it's with booking it. For example, YYZ to TPE on Aug 15, 2018. Shows available, when I go to book, I get the following message:

THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE
We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

I know for a fact there is availability by checking Expert Flyer and United
nli007 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 18, 12:38 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 16,909
FYI, this thread already has discussions of issues relating to BR availability

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment
nli007 likes this.
24left is offline  
Old Aug 14, 18, 6:20 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 20,990
I would be shocked, simply shocked, if AC again had issues ticketing a non-scamcharge airline due to "technical issues

They've only done it with CA ET LO AV CM....
rankourabu is offline  
Old Aug 14, 18, 6:52 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 31,783
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
I would be shocked, simply shocked, if AC again had issues ticketing a non-scamcharge airline due to "technical issues

They've only done it with CA ET LO AV CM....
And LH and AC.
canadiancow is online now  
Old Aug 14, 18, 9:16 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto (YYZ)
Posts: 6,118
Originally Posted by nli007 View Post
The issue is not with finding availability of EVA on aeroplan, it's with booking it. For example, YYZ to TPE on Aug 15, 2018. Shows available, when I go to book, I get the following message:

THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE
We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

I know for a fact there is availability by checking Expert Flyer and United
Oh OK, you didn't provide those details on your original post.
imverge is offline  
Old Aug 14, 18, 9:52 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada
Programs: AC SE100K *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Posts: 244
Booked a J trip 4 days ago no problem. All of $7 in charges which always leaves you with a good feeling.
Rundosrun is offline  
Old Aug 14, 18, 10:37 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Last week I was looking at several different business class flights from NYC (EWR/JFK) to Zurich/Geneva on Swiss Airlines. This week no matter what date I choose they are trying to book me through Air Canada or Austrian with 1 connection and crazy taxes. There are 2 direct flights from both EWR and JFK to Zurich every day and I can't find one business class seat? Something seems fishy.

Edit: should clarify I am searching between May and August 2019.
akiberg is offline  
Old Aug 14, 18, 10:55 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto (YYZ)
Posts: 6,118
Originally Posted by akiberg View Post
Last week I was looking at several different business class flights from NYC (EWR/JFK) to Zurich/Geneva on Swiss Airlines. This week no matter what date I choose they are trying to book me through Air Canada or Austrian with 1 connection and crazy taxes. There are 2 direct flights from both EWR and JFK to Zurich every day and I can't find one business class seat? Something seems fishy.

Edit: should clarify I am searching between May and August 2019.
It doesn't appear to be Aeroplan specific. I checked via United and Lifemiles and wasn't able to find Business Class either.

I did notice lately that SWISS releases more Business Class seats within 3 weeks of departure.
imverge is offline  
Old Aug 14, 18, 10:59 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by imverge View Post
It doesn't appear to be Aeroplan specific. I checked via United and Lifemiles and wasn't able to find Business Class either.

I did notice lately that SWISS releases more Business Class seats within 3 weeks of departure.
I don't understand why I can't find one Scandinavian Airlines or Swiss Airlines seat on Aeroplan. There has to be a business class seat available on either one of those airlines?
akiberg is offline  
Old Aug 14, 18, 11:03 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Toronto, ON
Programs: AC E35K
Posts: 4,938
Originally Posted by akiberg View Post
There has to be a business class seat available on either one of those airlines?
Does there? Don't assume that even booking this far our, you'll find seats on your desired airline/dates. Have you found availability on flights using a different program that don't appear when searching on Aeroplan? If so, then it is an AE issue. If not, Aeroplan is not the problem.
ChrisA330 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 18, 11:08 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by ChrisA330 View Post
Does there? Don't assume that even booking this far our, you'll find seats on your desired airline/dates. Have you found availability on flights using a different program that don't appear when searching on Aeroplan? If so, then it is an AE issue. If not, Aeroplan is not the problem.
As of a few days ago, there were tons of Swiss Airlines/Scandinavians available. Now can't seem to find one.


Edit: Searching on Scandinavian Airlines website there appear to be some business class points tickets for business class from EWR to CPH.
akiberg is offline  
Old Aug 14, 18, 11:10 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto (YYZ)
Posts: 6,118
Originally Posted by akiberg View Post
As of a few days ago, there were tons of Swiss Airlines/Scandinavians available. Now can't seem to find one.
It sounds as if there is a system disconnect but it doesn't appear to be Aeroplan's fault as I've checked UA and LM and couldn't find anything either.

Give it a couple of days and see if availability comes back because it does seem very odd there are no seats especially with multiple flights out of NYC.
imverge is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: