FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1925159-aeroplan-issues-award-redemption-partner-airlines.html)

nli007 Aug 13, 18 10:31 pm

Unable to book EVA flights using aeroplan miles

Has anyone experienced this issue? I called aeroplan and the agent said there is some kind of ongoing synching issue between aeroplan and EVA.

imverge Aug 13, 18 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by nli007 (Post 30079746)
Has anyone experienced this issue? I called aeroplan and the agent said there is some kind of ongoing synching issue between aeroplan and EVA.

Just did a quick search YYZ-TPE over the next few days and availability is wide open in both Y + J.

What route are you looking at?

stevescott1983 Aug 13, 18 10:52 pm

I booked last week with EVA

nli007 Aug 13, 18 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 30079783)
Just did a quick search YYZ-TPE over the next few days and availability is wide open in both Y + J.

What route are you looking at?

The issue is not with finding availability of EVA on aeroplan, it's with booking it. For example, YYZ to TPE on Aug 15, 2018. Shows available, when I go to book, I get the following message:

THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE
We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

I know for a fact there is availability by checking Expert Flyer and United

24left Aug 14, 18 12:38 am

FYI, this thread already has discussions of issues relating to BR availability

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...gnment-40.html

rankourabu Aug 14, 18 6:20 am

I would be shocked, simply shocked, if AC again had issues ticketing a non-scamcharge airline due to "technical issues

They've only done it with CA ET LO AV CM....

canadiancow Aug 14, 18 6:52 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 30080701)
I would be shocked, simply shocked, if AC again had issues ticketing a non-scamcharge airline due to "technical issues

They've only done it with CA ET LO AV CM....

And LH and AC.

imverge Aug 14, 18 9:16 am

Originally Posted by nli007 (Post 30079890)
The issue is not with finding availability of EVA on aeroplan, it's with booking it. For example, YYZ to TPE on Aug 15, 2018. Shows available, when I go to book, I get the following message:

THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE
We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

I know for a fact there is availability by checking Expert Flyer and United

Oh OK, you didn't provide those details on your original post.

Rundosrun Aug 14, 18 9:52 am

Booked a J trip 4 days ago no problem. All of $7 in charges which always leaves you with a good feeling.

akiberg Aug 14, 18 10:37 am

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Last week I was looking at several different business class flights from NYC (EWR/JFK) to Zurich/Geneva on Swiss Airlines. This week no matter what date I choose they are trying to book me through Air Canada or Austrian with 1 connection and crazy taxes. There are 2 direct flights from both EWR and JFK to Zurich every day and I can't find one business class seat? Something seems fishy.

Edit: should clarify I am searching between May and August 2019.

imverge Aug 14, 18 10:55 am

Originally Posted by akiberg (Post 30081521)
Last week I was looking at several different business class flights from NYC (EWR/JFK) to Zurich/Geneva on Swiss Airlines. This week no matter what date I choose they are trying to book me through Air Canada or Austrian with 1 connection and crazy taxes. There are 2 direct flights from both EWR and JFK to Zurich every day and I can't find one business class seat? Something seems fishy.

Edit: should clarify I am searching between May and August 2019.

It doesn't appear to be Aeroplan specific. I checked via United and Lifemiles and wasn't able to find Business Class either.

I did notice lately that SWISS releases more Business Class seats within 3 weeks of departure.

akiberg Aug 14, 18 10:59 am

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 30081577)
It doesn't appear to be Aeroplan specific. I checked via United and Lifemiles and wasn't able to find Business Class either.

I did notice lately that SWISS releases more Business Class seats within 3 weeks of departure.

I don't understand why I can't find one Scandinavian Airlines or Swiss Airlines seat on Aeroplan. There has to be a business class seat available on either one of those airlines?

ChrisA330 Aug 14, 18 11:03 am

Originally Posted by akiberg (Post 30081588)
There has to be a business class seat available on either one of those airlines?

Does there? Don't assume that even booking this far our, you'll find seats on your desired airline/dates. Have you found availability on flights using a different program that don't appear when searching on Aeroplan? If so, then it is an AE issue. If not, Aeroplan is not the problem.

akiberg Aug 14, 18 11:08 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330 (Post 30081605)
Does there? Don't assume that even booking this far our, you'll find seats on your desired airline/dates. Have you found availability on flights using a different program that don't appear when searching on Aeroplan? If so, then it is an AE issue. If not, Aeroplan is not the problem.

As of a few days ago, there were tons of Swiss Airlines/Scandinavians available. Now can't seem to find one.

Edit: Searching on Scandinavian Airlines website there appear to be some business class points tickets for business class from EWR to CPH.

imverge Aug 14, 18 11:10 am

Originally Posted by akiberg (Post 30081617)
As of a few days ago, there were tons of Swiss Airlines/Scandinavians available. Now can't seem to find one.

It sounds as if there is a system disconnect but it doesn't appear to be Aeroplan's fault as I've checked UA and LM and couldn't find anything either.

Give it a couple of days and see if availability comes back because it does seem very odd there are no seats especially with multiple flights out of NYC.