Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
It has been like this for at least 2 years or so, whereas prior to that J availability was wide open when EVA Air joined Star Alliance. There have been moments in the last 2 years where for a few days J was wide open up to 355 days out, but that feature was promptly enhanced.
Are we talking about certain routes only?

I did not have any issues with availability when booking my recent trips.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Are we talking about certain routes only?

I did not have any issues with availability when booking my recent trips.
Limited business class availability and can only be booked within T-14 on a somewhat reliable basis: international routes
pretty decent business class availability and can be booked within T-355 days: intra Asian routes.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Limited business class availability and can only be booked within T-14 on a somewhat reliable basis: international routes
pretty decent business class availability and can be booked within T-355 days: intra Asian routes.
I haven't had much trouble finding J availability on TPE-YVR/LAX/ORD/SFO back when I was planning my upcoming trip about 2 months ago, hence was curious whether limited availability was only on certain routes.
I was typically looking at around ~T-330 days.

Not sure whether these were just "phantom", but I had no problems booking my trip in the end.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum Elite
I’ve been keeping an eye on BR award space, specifically on BR35 (ex YYZ), since one leg of an original OZ booking was cancelled and now have a 6+ hour layover.

BR seems to be opening last-minute I space for international flights at T-4 consistently, no earlier. T-14 definitely not, at least not in recent months. Might be a decent baseline if anyone’s looking. Obviously ExpertFlyer alerts are your best bet.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by svirac
I’ve been keeping an eye on BR award space, specifically on BR35 (ex YYZ), since one leg of an original OZ booking was cancelled and now have a 6+ hour layover.

BR seems to be opening last-minute I space for international flights at T-4 consistently, no earlier. T-14 definitely not, at least not in recent months. Might be a decent baseline if anyone’s looking. Obviously ExpertFlyer alerts are your best bet.
I have a flight KIX-TPE-HKG on BR and HKG-YVR on AC.

I was hoping to change to a KIX-TPE-YVR or even KIX-TPE-SEA-YVR but it doesn't look good for beginning of August. Am I hoping for no reason? Anyone think BR will open up space before August?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by bluemeansgo
I have a flight KIX-TPE-HKG on BR and HKG-YVR on AC.

I was hoping to change to a KIX-TPE-YVR or even KIX-TPE-SEA-YVR but it doesn't look good for beginning of August. Am I hoping for no reason? Anyone think BR will open up space before August?
Are you looking for business award space (I)? If so, they typically have it open at the beginning of the window (T-330) for a couple seats until gone, which they obviously are by now. From what I've seen, space hasn't opened up with any consistency until T-4 days before departure. So, if you're willing to wait until then, that's probably your best bet.
Better yet, set up an ExpertFlyer alert for the TPE-YVR and TPE-SEA routes (may want to look at TPE-LAX and TPE-SFO as well, as they have multiple flights per day to LAX and SFO) - and when the alert triggers, call in fast. I did have an alert set up for LAX-TPE, and that triggered at about T-30 for one of the 2 late-night flights (two that leave within 30 mins of each other). Due to the high capacity of those 2 planes in close succession, that may have been why they opened earlier than usual.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:58 pm

Have there been any business class seats released for the 787? I noticed that YVR is being downgauged, and the only seats I've seen for next March are in economy. I mean, I could book those first and hope for releases, but just wondering if any J awards exist for that plane
Old May 18, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I know you're referring to a long-haul flight specifically, but I have a seat in J, albeit for a short TPE-HKG flight as part of my mini-RTW (booked that connection specifically for the 789 experience).

Originally Posted by crimsona
Have there been any business class seats released for the 787? I noticed that YVR is being downgauged, and the only seats I've seen for next March are in economy. I mean, I could book those first and hope for releases, but just wondering if any J awards exist for that plane
Old May 19, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by crimsona
Eva has historically only released J seats for reward travel within the 14 days before the flight, and most often only during the 7 days prior.
I would book an itinerary on another carrier as back-up, and then try to change it in the last 7 days.
That is how I redeemed 3 BR J class Trans-Pacific rewards over the years.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:32 pm

Well, there's 3 J seats on the May 30 TPE to SFO, just not sure if there will be 787 J seats on the TPE to YVR flight the day before...
Old May 23, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Eva has historically only released J seats for reward travel within the 14 days before the flight, and most often only during the 7 days prior.
I would book an itinerary on another carrier as back-up, and then try to change it in the last 7 days.
That is how I redeemed 3 BR J class Trans-Pacific rewards over the years.
My EVA redemptions have not followed that pattern., but I have never tried for 3 seats..it's either one or two

Just finished a trip in May that was booked June last year all in J

Have another booked for this August that was booked last December.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by mapleg
My EVA redemptions have not followed that pattern., but I have never tried for 3 seats..it's either one or two.
Ditto. Two of us just did three J flights with them (TPACs and TPE-SIN) in April; they were booked last June with "what dates would you like" availability.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:33 am

Last month I booked 3 seats on BR YVR-TPE for March 2020.
I have noticed that since the 787 has been scheduled, BR J availability has dissappeared
Not sure if it is schedule change related or part of a greater plan.

787 YVR-TPE service does not start until mid Feb.

FYI AE has yet to inform me of the change. Though I suspect the times are similar or identical.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Strike

What happens if one is flying on BR (mini-RTW) and it is still on strike? Do we call Aeroplan and it is AP's job to rebook, or does BR take over on the day of departure?

I am flying in mid-July, but I'm sure others will be affected in the meantime.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...-M8_VXfojNcIHy
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: hahaha
deleted i'm not confident in my answer and didn't want to give bad advice

https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/strikeinfo.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.