Old Dec 31, 17, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Old Jan 11, 18, 3:56 am
  #121  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Posts: 3,661
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Sorry to hear dude. Ever considered the graduate entry programs in Ireland or the UK?
DM me if you want.
I've considered it, yeah, but I can't really afford the tuition. Besides, I have 7 more universities to hear from, so it's too soon to lose hope. Ask me again how I feel in May
pewpew is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 4:22 am
  #122  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,494
Originally Posted by pewpew
I've considered it, yeah, but I can't really afford the tuition. Besides, I have 7 more universities to hear from, so it's too soon to lose hope. Ask me again how I feel in May
so tempted to stand in May road and post the question again, but I am too lazy.
quantumofforce is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 4:41 am
  #123  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Posts: 3,661
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
so tempted to stand in May road and post the question again, but I am too lazy.
If you're standing in the road, I think there are some more important questions to ask: "how do I get out of here?" For one
pewpew is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 5:17 am
  #124  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: YHZ/YQM
Programs: Aeroplan
Posts: 1,608
Just had a good laugh at this Honest Airline Commercial:

Bohemian1, Diabeetus and jasdou like this.
smallmj is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 6:35 am
  #125  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: YVR
Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Posts: 3,708
What's the deal with first world airports that don't have water fountains and super shallow sinks in the bathroom so you can't fill a water bottle? Ahem, Frankfurt. Do people not consider drinking water a basic amenity that should be available in a place you're paying for access to?
pewpew likes this.
eigenvector is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 6:42 am
  #126  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Posts: 3,661
Originally Posted by eigenvector
What's the deal with first world airports that don't have water fountains and super shallow sinks in the bathroom so you can't fill a water bottle? Ahem, Frankfurt. Do people not consider drinking water a basic amenity that should be available in a place you're paying for access to?
I just fill my waterbottle in the lounge; I recall that the SEN lounge has... well, some sort of potable water
pewpew is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 7:11 am
  #127  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Posts: 5,610
Originally Posted by pewpew
I just fill my waterbottle in the lounge; I recall that the SEN lounge has... well, some sort of potable water
Works great when there is a lounge one can access. In SJC there is not despite flying out in J. Unless you pay at the door.

I have sanitary concerns about many water fountains.
jc94 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 7:31 am
  #128  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: YVR
Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Posts: 3,708
Dedicated water bottle filling stations, found in SFO, PDX, YVR and LHR to name a few, are greatly appreciated. When a short haul flight in Europe costs 50 EUR or less, to gouge people for 5 EUR for half a litre of bottled tap water is a sad reflection on a society's attitudes to public amenities.
jc94 likes this.
eigenvector is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 8:13 am
  #129  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Posts: 5,610
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Dedicated water bottle filling stations, found in SFO, PDX, YVR and LHR to name a few, are greatly appreciated. When a short haul flight in Europe costs 50 EUR or less, to gouge people for 5 EUR for half a litre of bottled tap water is a sad reflection on a society's attitudes to public amenities.
A good trick in LHR used to be to buy a newspaper for 1 and get a free bottle. Not sure if thats still working.
jc94 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 12:57 pm
  #130  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Posts: 3,661

Any suggestions on what to do with all this space?
pewpew is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 12:58 pm
  #131  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Posts: 34,894
Originally Posted by pewpew
Any suggestions on what to do with all this space?
You mean what to do with all the space you took up with your large-a$s photo?
canadiancow, jc94 and Jumper Jack like this.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 1:11 pm
  #132  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Posts: 5,610
Hmmm is that Rouge?

Definitely think that flight needs to be cancelled, they cant be making much money on that route.
jc94 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 2:08 pm
  #133  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,494
Originally Posted by jc94
Hmmm is that Rouge?
Can't be, too clean.
jc94 likes this.
quantumofforce is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 2:35 pm
  #134  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Posts: 3,661
Originally Posted by jc94
Hmmm is that Rouge?

Definitely think that flight needs to be cancelled, they cant be making much money on that route.
Nah, Norwegian intra Europe
pewpew is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 2:41 pm
  #135  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,494
Originally Posted by pewpew
Nah, Norwegian intra Europe
That explains why the seats are clean.
jc94 likes this.
quantumofforce is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread