Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Sorry to hear dude. Ever considered the graduate entry programs in Ireland or the UK?
DM me if you want.
I've considered it, yeah, but I can't really afford the tuition. Besides, I have 7 more universities to hear from, so it's too soon to lose hope. Ask me again how I feel in May
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by pewpew
I've considered it, yeah, but I can't really afford the tuition. Besides, I have 7 more universities to hear from, so it's too soon to lose hope. Ask me again how I feel in May
so tempted to stand in May road and post the question again, but I am too lazy.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
so tempted to stand in May road and post the question again, but I am too lazy.
If you're standing in the road, I think there are some more important questions to ask: "how do I get out of here?" For one
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Just had a good laugh at this Honest Airline Commercial:

Bohemian1, Diabeetus and jasdou like this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
What's the deal with first world airports that don't have water fountains and super shallow sinks in the bathroom so you can't fill a water bottle? Ahem, Frankfurt. Do people not consider drinking water a basic amenity that should be available in a place you're paying for access to?
pewpew likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by eigenvector
What's the deal with first world airports that don't have water fountains and super shallow sinks in the bathroom so you can't fill a water bottle? Ahem, Frankfurt. Do people not consider drinking water a basic amenity that should be available in a place you're paying for access to?
I just fill my waterbottle in the lounge; I recall that the SEN lounge has... well, some sort of potable water
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I just fill my waterbottle in the lounge; I recall that the SEN lounge has... well, some sort of potable water
Works great when there is a lounge one can access. In SJC there is not despite flying out in J. Unless you pay at the door.

I have sanitary concerns about many water fountains.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Dedicated water bottle filling stations, found in SFO, PDX, YVR and LHR to name a few, are greatly appreciated. When a short haul flight in Europe costs 50 EUR or less, to gouge people for 5 EUR for half a litre of bottled tap water is a sad reflection on a society's attitudes to public amenities.
jc94 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by eigenvector
Dedicated water bottle filling stations, found in SFO, PDX, YVR and LHR to name a few, are greatly appreciated. When a short haul flight in Europe costs 50 EUR or less, to gouge people for 5 EUR for half a litre of bottled tap water is a sad reflection on a society's attitudes to public amenities.
A good trick in LHR used to be to buy a newspaper for £1 and get a free bottle. Not sure if that’s still working.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:57 pm

Any suggestions on what to do with all this space?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Any suggestions on what to do with all this space?
You mean what to do with all the space you took up with your large-a$s photo?
canadiancow, jc94 and Jumper Jack like this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:11 pm

Hmmm is that Rouge?

Definitely think that flight needs to be cancelled, they can’t be making much money on that route.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
Hmmm is that Rouge?
Can't be, too clean.
jc94 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
Hmmm is that Rouge?

Definitely think that flight needs to be cancelled, they can’t be making much money on that route.
Nah, Norwegian intra Europe
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:41 pm

Nah, Norwegian intra Europe
That explains why the seats are clean.
jc94 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.