Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What do You Value More In-flight? Sleeping or Dining?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do You Value More In-flight? Sleeping or Dining?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by willflyforfood
The top 3 items in terms of importance are:
1) Sleep
2) Sleep
3) Sleep

For all the bleating about food and AVOD, they are so far down the list in terms of importance. Will you ever remember fondly a meal on an airplane? Or a particular film? Not me, but I will remember the memories made when I'm able to stand upright and function properly when I reach a destination well rested.
+1
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Will you ever remember fondly a meal on an airplane?
Not an AC meal, at least not in a positive sense. The lamb I had on NZ was some of the best lamb I've had anywhere either in the air on on the ground, and the venison on BA F was exceptional.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
1) Sleep
2) Sleep
3) Sleep

For all the bleating about food and AVOD, they are so far down the list in terms of importance. Will you ever remember fondly a meal on an airplane? Or a particular film? Not me, but I will remember the memories made when I'm able to stand upright and function properly when I reach a destination well rested.
Yes. The meal I had on LHR-YYZ on Jan 1 was probably the best meal I've ever had on an airplane, and was definitely up there in terms of all meals I've ever had.

And since it was a daytime flight, I didn't want to sleep at all.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes. The meal I had on LHR-YYZ on Jan 1 was probably the best meal I've ever had on an airplane, and was definitely up there in terms of all meals I've ever had.
Going back to the pre-bankruptcy days, J food on AC was actually reasonably edible/enjoyable.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Stranger
Sounds to me the way the quality of catering is going downhill may be an attempt by AC to make sure our choice is sleeping.

In another thread I mentioned the barramundi appearing on flights out of Rome, stinking, inedible, period.
what someone who fly's as much as you, and you are surprised the catering is going downhill.
lounge cuts, plane cleaning cuts, compensation for delayed flights cuts, meals inedible, and executive bonus up.

oh and i thought the Barramundi was yummy however i had it on the ground in Australia.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by mapleg
I can sleep at home, but I don't have people walking around asking me what drink I want and offering me various meal courses to choose from Sleeping=highly overrated, unless of course you suffer from sleep apnea.
I have no issues with people walking around me, I can sleep anywhere in pretty much any environment. As for sleep being overrated, well, I usually am the one that gets to take advantaged on the jetlagged, the sleep deprived usually exercise poor judgement. ^

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Damn how do I get one of those?
D'oh! Meant pre-departure drink, there have been times where I was still at the bar at 5:30am when I had a 7am departure. Gotta love priority line and traveling with no carry-on.

1) Sleep
2) Sleep
3) Sleep

+1 in additiona to being able to mentally best the jetlagged business opponents.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
I usually get a lot of attention when i walk into an aircraft. Maybe it's because of my finely pressed business suit. Maybe it's because of the expensive leather shoes I wear or the masculine perfume on me.

I maybe exhibit confidence and wealth. The cabin crew are always very attentive and it's almost impossible for me to get any sleep in the first 2-3 hours as they always tend to want to ask if i need a re-fill of a drink, or to ask me where i am from, where i am going and if i a lawyer or a doctor or an engineer...conversations never end.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Fair credit where due, I've had an excellent beef steak on AC before, and really enjoyed the odd film too. I've also had a few meals memorable for the wrong reasons.

But eat or sleep... it depends on so many factors, I don't get why they can't just ask and, as has been noted make a note (no pun intended). Asking is the first step, actually taking the correct action based on this should be something so obvious as not needing to be stated.

Alternatively, just hold the meal until the person wakes up though I can see how this would be difficult outside of the premium cabins due to numbers involved. Personally I put my tray table out regardless of service if I'm closing my eyes and want to eat. In these cases prodding me awake if being served something hot would be preferable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.