Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What do You Value More In-flight? Sleeping or Dining?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do You Value More In-flight? Sleeping or Dining?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
As it should be!

Along with printed newspapers!
Reportedly UA has done away with Newspapers given the changes in technology (and yes it saves on cost and weight). There has been a noticeable decline over the years in newspaper distribution on board, and hopefully they are maintained for the sake of the Customer.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
On TATL I usually ask for the quick meal and then go to sleep. If I beat the meal to sleep, or if I sleep through breakfast (which I frequently do) then I never want to be woken up. I can always get food when I land, sleep not so much.

Since I've stopped doing so much TATL in the last 2 years I've never had an issue with AC waking me up on a transcon, which is again as it should be.

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Reportedly UA has done away with Newspapers given the changes in technology (and yes it saves on cost and weight). There has been a noticeable decline over the years in newspaper distribution on board, and hopefully they are maintained for the sake of the Customer.
A good friend writes for the Globe and Mail. I read it on my iPad usually but I always text him a picture with me reading the dead tree edition every time I fly AC in J ... I'd hate to ruin that tradition
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: *$ Green
Problem with the sticker is that it doesn't help if you accidentally fall asleep.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Stickers have come and gone in the past and kudos to TK for the direction on where to "stick it". Remember well stickers being plastered on tray tables, tv monitors, sidewalls, windows, bathroom mirrors, and tray table covers which required solvent to remove the adhesive backing.
Problem solved

Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Only if they remember what you said and care enough to adhere to it.
They write it down on their clipboard
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:42 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Easy one for me since I can't / don't sleep on planes. It's possible I just haven't flown on the right carriers with 'lay flat' seats that actually work for someone over 6 feet tall. Perhaps when I get around to booking my next RTW I'll focus on more on the F/J hard product.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC MM+
AC 90, with 23:15 departures and meal served at around 1am, no thanks. Trying to sleep it is on the almost flat seats. Not worth staying up for a $5 meal.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by mamau
AC 90, with 23:15 departures and meal served at around 1am, no thanks. Trying to sleep it is on the almost flat seats. Not worth staying up for a $5 meal.
Not sure when you last took this flight, but in response to Customer preference, 090 joins the late FRA & LHR offering an Express Hot Dinner along with bar directly after take-off. Dinner should long be wrapped up by 0100. In fact, last time I did this flight, service was wrapped up in 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Problem solved

Been there done that, DOM & Moet opened just for us. What a classy airline. And I wanted to be disturbed the food and drinks were too good to pass up.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jun 5, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
.....And I anted to be distrubed the food and drinks were too good to pass up.
^

Please disturb me. LOL

Attached Images  
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Problem solved

AC could never get the light to work.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by flybit
AC could never get the light to work.
Of course not, they d be too busy cleaning...

oh wait....
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course not, they d be too busy cleaning...

oh wait....
no no no, reading papers & gossip mags in the galley
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd like to digress a little. You know we were on TG from KUL to ZRH in J. Ordered a latte. Guess what the steward did and I watched him through the curtains opening, he shoved it into the microwave. Of course I complained and the stewardess was apologetic and brought me a latte using their steamer or whatever you call it.

No eyes rolling nada.

Now on AC I asked for a mimosa, lord have mercy, the madam serving me rolled her eyes. Just incredible.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Easy one for me since I can't / don't sleep on planes. It's possible I just haven't flown on the right carriers with 'lay flat' seats that actually work for someone over 6 feet tall. Perhaps when I get around to booking my next RTW I'll focus on more on the F/J hard product.
I wish I was only 6 feet tall, especially when doing Ultra Long Hauls in Y

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.