Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Can I?

I remember the login was previously well hidden, but I can't find it at all now.
Hmm. You have me questioning it now. I'm scared to log out. The app certainly knows who I am, but I also don't see an explicit logout option.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: AC 50K
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Can I?

I remember the login was previously well hidden, but I can't find it at all now.
I can confirm (unfortunately) that the air canada mobile+ option is gone. You also cannot (still) log into aeroplan in the AC app.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:49 am
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Originally Posted by marchelli
I can confirm (unfortunately) that the air canada mobile+ option is gone. You also cannot (still) log into aeroplan in the AC app.
AC App 2.0: You Can (Not) Login.

marchelli likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
altitude digital card

anyone having issues accessing the card on the air canada android app? there's no longer an option to access the card in the app and it won't even register my profile. i've reached out to air canada and aeroplan and they both keep referring me to the other.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by fnpatel
anyone having issues accessing the card on the air canada android app? there's no longer an option to access the card in the app and it won't even register my profile. i've reached out to air canada and aeroplan and they both keep referring me to the other.
It's the same with the iOS app and discussed in the other 2 threads as well. Many of us have already had communications with AC and I do not expect improvement or things re-appearing anytime soon. Others here may be more optimistic.

I had my digital card already saved in Wallet. If you need yours (to access certain lounges etc) and can no longer get the digital card on your phone, I recommend you carry the plastic one.

And AC and Aeroplan will keep referring customers to each other because the front line staff do not have the answers or if some do, they can't or won't reveal them.

Others on this forum are free to add their opinions that have not already been posted in the 3 threads related to the Sept 10 changes to the log in, password and profile access etc.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by 24left
It's the same with the iOS app and discussed in the other 2 threads as well. Many of us have already had communications with AC and I do not expect improvement or things re-appearing anytime soon. Others here may be more optimistic.

I had my digital card already saved in Wallet. If you need yours (to access certain lounges etc) and can no longer get the digital card on your phone, I recommend you carry the plastic one.

And AC and Aeroplan will keep referring customers to each other because the front line staff do not have the answers or if some do, they can't or won't reveal them.

Others on this forum are free to add their opinions that have not already been posted in the 3 threads related to the Sept 10 changes to the log in, password and profile access etc.
gotcha. i'll also go traditional route then. thanks. i should've read the threads carefully...
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fnpatel
gotcha. i'll also go traditional route then. thanks. i should've read the threads carefully...
It's a bit confusing as all of the current issues (since the Sept 10 change) with AC, Aeroplan, Android or iOS have been posted in multiple threads:

There is this thread

Then there is this thread

Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019

And this one

Air Canada iPhone app

And of course a number of posts about these topics in this one

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
It's a bit confusing as all of the current issues (since the Sept 10 change) with AC, Aeroplan, Android or iOS have been posted in multiple threads:

There is this thread

Then there is this thread

Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019

And this one

Air Canada iPhone app

And of course a number of posts about these topics in this one

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues
Let's start a thread that compares all of the threads discussing this topic!
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:32 am
Suspended

@fnpatel

Your question about accessing the digital card got me thinking......

I went to the AC Altitude site. On the lower left is this option "Access your digital card"

When you click that link, you get this window

So, along with the long list of misery items related to the Sept 10 AC IT changes, the new 2FA, the inability of some to access their accounts on some or all of AC's sites, the loss of personal identifiers on the AC app, the issue of some Altitude members' PNRs showing up in the app without manually importing them, and so on.....

I thought I'd test the instructions as posted by AC on their Altitude site, you know, where it says "Go To Settings....."

Well...........ok

???????

The mystery for me is not that AC is making these changes which are necessary, but it is so obvious that no one is doing ANY kind of cross-checking, the left hand not talking to the right hand.

If Air Canada is making changes, then all areas of communication to customers must be consistent and coherent when posting the information.

I already expressed my comments on this matter to a few people at AC. Most front line staff have no idea, often apologize and fill out trouble reports that go to the Tech Desk and possibly the circular file.

My view is any company that sees apps and websites that customers use, as simply expenses, is sad (I'm being generous and not using the real words). Companies and other airlines and hotels etc, who offer the most efficient and functional apps and websites, understand that these tools are ways to increase sales and enhance ancillary spend and keep customers informed about all things related to their travel.

AC's app broke, no one told most people that it would break, or if it would be repaired or replaced (kind of like the deflated seats) and left customers and front line staff with little or no information.

And no one thought it worth the time to change the information on the Altitude page, explaining to members how they could access their digital card when the app clearly doesn't allow it.

Apologies for the rant but I am not the only one who is asking these questions.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:37 am
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
@fnpatel

Your question about accessing the digital card got me thinking......

I went to the AC Altitude site. On the lower left is this option "Access your digital card"

When you click that link, you get this window

So, along with the long list of misery items related to the Sept 10 AC IT changes, the new 2FA, the inability of some to access their accounts on some or all of AC's sites, the loss of personal identifiers on the AC app, the issue of some Altitude members' PNRs showing up in the app without manually importing them, and so on.....

I thought I'd test the instructions as posted by AC on their Altitude site, you know, where it says "Go To Settings....."

Well...........ok

LOLLLLLLL

The mystery for me is not that AC is making these changes which are necessary, but it is so obvious that no one is doing ANY kind of cross-checking, the left hand not talking to the right hand.

If Air Canada is making changes, then all areas of communication to customers must be consistent and coherent when posting the information.

I already expressed my comments on this matter to a few people at AC. Most front line staff have no idea, often apologize and fill out trouble reports that go to the Tech Desk and possibly the circular file.

My view is any company that sees apps and websites that customers use, as simply expenses, is sad (I'm being generous and not using the real words). Companies and other airlines and hotels etc, who offer the most efficient and functional apps and websites, understand that these tools are ways to increase sales and enhance ancillary spend and keep customers informed about all things related to their travel.

AC's app broke, no one told most people that it would break, or if it would be repaired or replaced (kind of like the deflated seats) and left customers and front line staff with little or no information.

And no one thought it worth the time to change the information on the Altitude page, explaining to members how they could access their digital card when the app clearly doesn't allow it.

Apologies for the rant but I am not the only one who is asking these questions.

Yeah and if you update the app (on Android) the option to login is gone.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Latest iOS update also removes the ability to logon. Temporarily, allegedly.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffsim
Latest iOS update also removes the ability to logon. Temporarily, allegedly.
I expected more from you
Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I expected more from you
Hey now, I was only putting forward what I learnt from the release notes. I would never disparage AC's web / mobile / IT infrastructure efforts

canadiancow, Bohemian1 and 24left like this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:27 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I like this warning:

Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:57 am

I don't know when this change happened, but the Android Aeroplan app now shows current Altitude status, AQM and AQS! You can find it in the menu under Your account ---> Overview.

(Not quite a digital Altitude card, but perhaps still useful.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.