Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Just arrived reminder email

Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:49 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
Just arrived reminder email
So, it has now been over 3 days, and mobile+ should be disabled. Why is the AC app still telling me I have the wrong mobile+ password?
m.y, canadiancow and YYC3722 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
The AC app is asking me to create a profile...should I or is this all going to get ironed out?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
So, it has now been over 3 days, and mobile+ should be disabled. Why is the AC app still telling me I have the wrong mobile+ password?
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
The AC app is asking me to create a profile...should I or is this all going to get ironed out?
I can load the app just fine and it pulls up all my flights properly. Such a consistent experience for all users!
YYC3722 and DNAwizard like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I'm noticing that the Android app has an amazingly sensitive network down detector.

And no network up detector at all.
bigev007 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by RangerNS
I'm noticing that the Android app has an amazingly sensitive network down detector.

And no network up detector at all.
I often have to close and reopen it whenever I switch from LTE to WIFI (or vice versa) with the app open
RangerNS likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
I often have to close and reopen it whenever I switch from LTE to WIFI (or vice versa) with the app open
Or from data to the MLL WiFi, to the airports WiFi, to data when aboard.

Its 3, 4 times, per hour, if I'm using it while traveling.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
So I can't log into the app anymore. My password is too long. On the website (both AC and AE) it works fine. In the app I can't get it to accept anything beyond 10 characters (and I need it to accept 11)
canadiancow and pprrff like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
So I can't log into the app anymore. My password is too long. On the website (both AC and AE) it works fine. In the app I can't get it to accept anything beyond 10 characters (and I need it to accept 11)
Even if it was 10 characters long it might NOT work -- my password is 10 characters and isn't working either.

My password was actually much longer but I went through the hassle of changing it to see if it would work. And I say hassle because although Air Canada wants us to have super secure passwords (hint: 10 characters isn't secure) they seem to have disabled the pasting functionality on the change password page, and done it in such a way that even 1Password can't paste in my randomly generated passwords.

UPDATE: on a positive note, at least the email from Air Canada telling me my password had been reset didn't also contain something like "Your password has been reset to DQtP.4H9YkyxA9ur4U8oG*7R" (not my real password).

Last edited by douglasr; Sep 11, 2019 at 6:10 pm
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Almost a week since the password requirement change and they still haven’t updated the app. That’s just insane, do the web teams seriously not coordinate with the app devs?
DNAwizard likes this.

Last edited by pprrff; Sep 14, 2019 at 9:42 pm
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
This thread also contains a series of posts related to the issues with the App after the Sept 10 AC update.

I've alerted the mod to perhaps merge some posts as we have posts about the app in this app thread, the Sept 10 thread and the existing Complaints' thread

Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:34 am

It appears the newly updated App has "solved" the "unable to log in to non-existent Mobile+ platform" problem by removing the ability to try to log in at all.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by RangerNS
It appears the newly updated App has "solved" the "unable to log in to non-existent Mobile+ platform" problem by removing the ability to try to log in at all.
According to the App Store, the most recent iOS app update is 4 weeks old, so I guess you're using an Android device. You should just be happy that they gave you an update in the first place
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You still log in to Aeroplan though.

They're working on some cool things. Be patient
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:07 am

Can I?

I remember the login was previously well hidden, but I can't find it at all now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.