Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:06 pm
Original Member

Finally - they are fixing the mobile app

Dear Kenneth,

The Air Canada account is evolving in 2019, making way for a new and improved log-in experience. As part of this evolution, we will be discontinuing Air Canada mobile+ service in the coming weeks.
Clipper801 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
QUOTES from the email:

They will transfer stuff...... and provide us with a "seamless log-in" experience.....

Just like the seamless log-in experiences we've had when logging into Aeroplan and Altitude, or that epitome of seamless, the AC website. And how can we forget about the AC App which offers nothing compared to others and bonus, drains battery while twirling.

Sure, I could be more optimistic since the people who sent the email seem excited, but I have experience with AC IT.

Still, I'm game for the show.
expert7700 and ridefar like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: hahaha
I hope in changing up the login experience they use this opportunity to update the Aeroplan password policy

Please ensure your password contains 6-10 characters, Only letters and numbers are allowed.
ffsim, canadiancow and 42000ft like this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I didn’t know I had a Mobile+ account. I thought it was just a bad app.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The loss of Mobile+ is a very good thing for all parties.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:36 am
Suspended

This pops up often enough to be annoying and yes, iOS and apps are all up to date. Sure, it sometimes goes away when you quit the app. But it's just one more annoying thing about a poorly designed and executed app.

I also find it amusing that the app tells me I can bid upgrade for my next flight. Er, those rouge ex-WOW birds we are flying to and from YQB don't have a J cabin. LOL

Adam Smith likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by 24left
I’ve found this often correlates to the nightly Aeroplan “system maintenance” outage whenever I get this.

YVR72 and douglasr like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
So if I understand this correctly, AC and AE credentials are linked and hopefully the same ?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
So if I understand this correctly, AC and AE credentials are linked and hopefully the same ?
That's always been the case.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Will 2020 be the year where all bookings with your Aeroplan number attached (web, phone, reward, flight pass, third party) are viewable in a single spot? Or do we have to wait to 2025?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
How can you check the stand-by upgrade list without the app?
I hope there is another way if they discontinue the app
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
Will 2020 be the year where all bookings with your Aeroplan number attached (web, phone, reward, flight pass, third party) are viewable in a single spot? Or do we have to wait to 2025?
The only bookings I've had any issues with are reward and FP, though I haven't done any third party in years.

Web and phone show up just fine in the app as long as my number is in the FQTV field.

Originally Posted by cager
How can you check the stand-by upgrade list without the app?
I hope there is another way if they discontinue the app
They're not discontinuing the app. They're killing the Mobile+ service and merging it with the standard Aeroplan auth/profile.

The list can be checked without even logging in, so it requires virtually no effort for them to support without Mobile+.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The only bookings I've had any issues with are reward and FP, though I haven't done any third party in years.

Web and phone show up just fine in the app as long as my number is in the FQTV field.
You're right the Mobile app is better, I was referring to the web. No phone or reward bookings on aircanada.com, and vanilla vs FP bookings are on separate pages.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
To be fair to "seamless", when considering joining two pieces of cloth, concrete slabs, or software systems, then there are two ways to make that connection seamless. One is to make the connection smooth, and passable, and the other is to simply not have them interact at all.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RangerNS
To be fair to "seamless", when considering joining two pieces of cloth, concrete slabs, or software systems, then there are two ways to make that connection seamless. One is to make the connection smooth, and passable, and the other is to simply not have them interact at all.
Except that it was AC's email which had the words "a seamless log-in experience". Many or most of us experience anything but seamless with Aeroplan, AC, their websites and Apps, depending on the time of day, day of the week......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.