Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Looks like revenue mgmt have stepped up their game eh?
Not really. At $500 more I'll take another carrier, maybe BA.
Loyalty only goes so far. Though I do want to abuse my 3x32kg baggage limit.

For anyone wanting to give feedback, the "it's all gone horribly wrong let us know" response button I got opened up emails to [email protected]; subject "Bug Report - dd mm hh:mm".

I couldn't be bothered to fill in all the other info they wanted myself.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by jc94
Not really. At $500 more I'll take another carrier, maybe BA.
Loyalty only goes so far. Though I do want to abuse my 3x32kg baggage limit.

For anyone wanting to give feedback, the "it's all gone horribly wrong let us know" response button I got opened up emails to [email protected]; subject "Bug Report - dd mm hh:mm".

I couldn't be bothered to fill in all the other info they wanted myself.
I once moved pretty well all of my personal belongings across the country over the course of 5 or 6 trips using the 3x32kg luggage allowance when I knew I had a move coming up... saved me a few thousand bucks easy.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by eigenvector
I once moved pretty well all of my personal belongings across the country over the course of 5 or 6 trips using the 3x32kg luggage allowance when I knew I had a move coming up... saved me a few thousand bucks easy.
Yeah, I'm just not sure how easy it's going to be with three 32kg bags. I've done two large cases (~28kg each) with a carry on roller and that was hard enough.

Maybe I'll have to find one of those cart things.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: SEMM SPG Lifetime Platinum
Why oh why did I update the app????

Originally Posted by 172pilot
The new update is TERRIBLE! Whomever approved this garbage should be fired immediately. Unfortunately they will probably get promoted and continue to produce more garbage.

Even after loading my flights, as soon as you launch the app again you must wait, and wait, and wait for your flights to load again. Are they not copied to a local database on my device?

I don't care about pretty images that take up the entire screen, I want an app that works. As mentioned upthread, the seat selection not working is already a major fail.

This app is more of a flashy brochure for Air Canada then anything that is actually useful. I really hope the Rouge Player still works for my next torture session with Rouge ......

BREAKING NEWS: Air Canada's new app designed to compete with FlightAware for flight status (at least I think the new app can at least do that...)

Last edited by BeenThere...DontNeedToGoBack; Feb 22, 2017 at 6:09 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by 172pilot
The new update is TERRIBLE! Whomever approved this garbage should be fired immediately......

.....I don't care about pretty images that take up the entire screen, I want an app that works.......

This app is more of a flashy brochure for Air Canada then anything that is actually useful........

Agreed.

There must be some reason the people behind it either could not or would not consider what DL offers, what LH or UA offer and even what the minimalist AA offers.

Originally Posted by BeenThere...DontNeedToGoBack
Why oh why did I update the app????
I really wanted to kick myself for updating. I should know better.

I can console myself, however, that I only updated it on one phone and not the other 2 devices.

Sux.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by BeenThere...DontNeedToGoBack
BREAKING NEWS: Air Canada's new app designed to compete with FlightAware for flight status (at least I think the new app can at least do that...)
I don't know why because you would think they are pulling data from the same place but FA seems to be faster (as is TripCase) with schedule changes than the app.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by eigenvector
I moved to Asia that way.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
So the good:

It's great that AC has made UI and UX changes to the iOS app! It's long long LONG overdue and I'm super super happy to see it!

So the bad:

How did this thing even pass QA? I would say about half of it is not working or is inaccurate!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:40 pm

I updated the mobile app on my iPad but not on my iPhone...so now I can make a direct comparison. I'm not an airport warrior so I just use the app to book straight tickets, therefore I want clear,simple,easy to decipher info on the screen. Quite frankly the new updated app is a downgrade in my opinion. Not only is it slower but the info provided on the screen is not nearly as clear,concise or informative as on the older pre-update app. Both pics display the same return flight from Nassau to Montreal via a Toronto connection on the same dates. The upper pic is the older app and the lower pic is the app after the latest update. There are some pretty obvious differences in the actual visuals but also some subtle yet imho pretty important and glaring deficiencies in the updated app...who can spot the most obvious ones??

Name:  IMG_2101.PNG
Views: 915
Size:  254.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2100.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  275.7 KB
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Genetk44
.....glaring deficiencies in the updated app...who can spot the most obvious ones??
The most obvious one is the mistake I made updating my app on one of my phones.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
The most obvious one is the mistake I made updating my app on one of my phones.
Yeah...well thats what I did on my iPad the other day....but was happy to see that it didn't carry over to my iPhone ....... which is what gave me the idea to do the comparison. I'd love to get my iPad back to the pre-update formula but I assume thats not an option.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Genetk44
Yeah...well thats what I did on my iPad the other day....but was happy to see that it didn't carry over to my iPhone ....... which is what gave me the idea to do the comparison. I'd love to get my iPad back to the pre-update formula but I assume thats not an option.
Ha! That's what I was thinking at 3am. lol

Search found a few answers including this:

HOW TO RESTORE A PREVIOUS VERSION OF AN IOS APP
by Michael Sheehan March 26 2015

http://www.hightechdad.com/2015/03/2...of-an-ios-app/

However, there are quite a few very talented and sophisticated FTers here who know light years more than I do about these things.

Perhaps they can advise.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:48 pm

Nah...not worth the hassle or possible complications. The updated app works,unlike the abortion last year. I just don't think the update is an improvement.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I want to see all my flights listed, without having to tap into each reservation. This update actually is a few steps back in that regard.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:27 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Based on how well this update has been going, I'm glad they haven't rolled out an updated Android app yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.