Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
I know at least that AA does. It's an extraordinarily silly oversight to not load your customers purchases into the app they use to directly manage said purchase.

Absolutely impossible to argue with that! Hopefully an upcoming refresh of the iOS app brings its functionality in line with the Android version.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I know at least that AA does.....
Yes. And I found the AA app rather intuitive in terms of how the trips and flights appear, along with buttons within each flight display allowing you to request an upgrade, get airport info for your destination and other features.

I find DL's to be the best I've experienced overall.

....It's an extraordinarily silly oversight to not load your customers purchases into the app they use to directly manage said purchase.
Absolutely.

I often wonder if AC couldn't be bothered or just don't have the capability, the logic of which escapes me completely.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC*A
V4.0 (like the beta, but with a Shanghai background) was just released for me on iOS10... still won't let me select seats for any of my booked flights :/
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Orcair
V4.0 (like the beta, but with a Shanghai background) was just released for me on iOS10... still won't let me select seats for any of my booked flights :/
Same here - "Seat selection not available for this flight"
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Same here. Can't even display seat that was already selected.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Before updating the app, seat selection was working for me. Just updated to new version and now getting the seat selection not available as well. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Really nothing too special about the new version IMO.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: Horrorplan/Priceline Junkie
It's certainly an improvement. Bear in mind, a semi-moist sponge with a broken antennae sticking awkwardly out of the top was essentially where we were coming from.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Damn, I want to get rid of the FA in the Android app
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Oscar Goldman
It's certainly an improvement. Bear in mind, a semi-moist sponge with a broken antennae sticking awkwardly out of the top was essentially where we were coming from.
[wipes coffee off his laptop screen and keyboard]
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Seems like a decent improvement over the last version, but is it just me or is anyone experiencing very slow response from the app (takes anywhere from 5seconds to 20seconds to load a flight or to go into the my flights page)? The old app used to be instantaneous.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC*A
I sent an email about the seat selection to their iPhone email address. The auto response said to pick seats via the website, but I hope they plan on addressing this major flaw.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
My iPhone app (black logo now) shows my seat assignments. I haven't tried changing my seats.

Overall I think it's a good improvement to be able to enter the PAX info, add other PAX, etc. Would've been great to include the eUpgrade features
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, *G, WS-Gold, Nexus, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz-PC
1) iOS 4.0 App no longer displays aircraft type in booked Flights/Itineraries

2) No support of panoramic view on iPad App (how hard is this really to do?). Previous version didn't either, but this is supposedly an "upgrade"....

3) Flights/Itineraries no longer displays flight duration (some of us don't like to do math)

4) All problems mentioned by others regarding lack of seat selection, etc.

But they made sure the plugs for Gogo wifi, preferred seating, and MLL all work perfectly
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
I just don't understand why they can't just look at what Delta and United do and just copy it. I don't mean this to be an AC IT rant but I just don't get it. I guess we should be grateful it isn't as big a disaster as the WestJet app.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The new update is TERRIBLE! Whomever approved this garbage should be fired immediately. Unfortunately they will probably get promoted and continue to produce more garbage.

Even after loading my flights, as soon as you launch the app again you must wait, and wait, and wait for your flights to load again. Are they not copied to a local database on my device?

I don't care about pretty images that take up the entire screen, I want an app that works. As mentioned upthread, the seat selection not working is already a major fail.

This app is more of a flashy brochure for Air Canada then anything that is actually useful. I really hope the Rouge Player still works for my next torture session with Rouge ......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.