Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I miss how much easier it was to switch between the flight status page, my bookings, etc. in the old version. Everything is an extra tap away now.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by 172pilot
The new update is TERRIBLE! Whomever approved this garbage should be fired immediately. Unfortunately they will probably get promoted and continue to produce more garbage.

Even after loading my flights, as soon as you launch the app again you must wait, and wait, and wait for your flights to load again. Are they not copied to a local database on my device?

I don't care about pretty images that take up the entire screen, I want an app that works. As mentioned upthread, the seat selection not working is already a major fail.

This app is more of a flashy brochure for Air Canada then anything that is actually useful. I really hope the Rouge Player still works for my next torture session with Rouge ......
You have choices in life. You choose to fly Air Canada, and especially Rouge LOL. But I feel you.

I found it most dumb that I could not look at details of my mobile app booked flights on aircanada.com. It's just like when you book on Aeroplan or through a Travel Agency, where your itinerary and options are not available on aircanada.com.

With such disconnect, AC is best situated to make the app a hybrid app that displays the aircanada.com site as a responsive site, and give us the ability to use both interchangeably.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
I also miss the information about total flight time, type of aircraft, etc.

Also, the "View fare features" suggests to show (some of) the rules applying to the particular fare you purchased. My next trip is on a fully flexible DFFDEW fare ex Germany, however, the app shows "The fare is non-refundable". I suspect it just shows the fare rules that are applicable to other (lower) fares within the "Business Class lowest" category, which is useless information.

I would also strongly suggest that AC's app team gets in touch with United Airlines and asks for the contact details of the team that designed their app...
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
So far not a fan. Everything used to be relatively easily available (mainly monitoring all flights from a to b in a day or all upcoming flights). Seems much harder now. I don't get that stupid option where I pick AC at the start but that's about it.

And still doesn't support multi stop trips. Unlike the UA, LH and DL apps.

Still can't request eUps. Except at checkin I guess. No idea if others offer the equivalents though. What exactly does this new app offer beyond additional slowness?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: Horrorplan/Priceline Junkie
Originally Posted by jc94
What exactly does this new app offer beyond additional slowness?
The app icon is now black - shouldn't that count for something?

(This reminds me of when they re-issued Malibu Stacey - with a new hat. LOL!)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Non flight pass Seat selection and app speed is perfect for me.

Unlike the website, they didn't listen to the beta feedback to see aircraft type without additional clocks.

Also, it was impossible for me to log in with my mobile+ credentials.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Huge miss not having saved defaults for passport and KTN.

Agree with the ither misses on seat selection and flight time.

And this is ironic: I can no longer find a feedback button or field to tell them so directly.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by ridefar
Huge miss not having saved defaults for passport and KTN.
I was able to save both my passport and KTN. Settings>Your Passengers

Originally Posted by ridefar
And this is ironic: I can no longer find a feedback button or field to tell them so directly
That's there too. On the home page, one of the tiles is "Share your idea", but looks too be used for feedback/issues too.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I was able to save both my passport and KTN. Settings>Your Passengers

That's there too. On the home page, one of the tiles is "Share your idea", but looks too be used for feedback/issues too.
Thanks!

The KTN and passport didn't show up because I wasn't signed in and the app won't leave me signed in but your right it is there.

Share your ides tile too. I am off to share.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:48 pm

And here is a big plus: the app automatically picks up flight pass bookings and added them to "your flights".

Interesting. I almost always fly on a FP so I don't have a regular booking to test that with.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
I like that my upcoming FP and AE bookings show up automatically in the app.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
And still doesn't support multi stop trips. Unlike the UA, LH and DL apps.
My biggest gripe. Very poorly considered.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Earlier this evening app found and displayed all my current bookings (5). All of a sudden now will only display first 3, and even when I provide booking reference it says booking not found!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Didn't work at all for 30 minutes (7-8 attempts) last night. Finally started working and suddenly my flights had gone up 33% ($500). Website confirms prices are unchanged.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Didn't work at all for 30 minutes (7-8 attempts) last night. Finally started working and suddenly my flights had gone up 33% ($500). Website confirms prices are unchanged.
Looks like revenue mgmt have stepped up their game eh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.