Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Genetk44
Well I always got them starting about 23-24 hours before my flight.
23 hours is "way after I've already checked in"
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I used to get them for flights I've cancelled or changed.

Haven't noticed one in a while though.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I too was a bet and tester and gave it a good try for over a month. I hated the fl Gets ata glance, not enough info , too much white space. Super slow to load. I sent in all my feedback and switched back to old app.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Today when i check -IN on line i received this message " Your check-in has been successful. Please print this receipt and proceed to check-in assistance position with your travel documents to obtain your official boarding pass"

Has anyone ever seen this before? I was unable to use the website to check in again so i used my AC phone app to check in and print to the printer and got my boarding pass.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:43 am

So Air Canada just did an update for their mobile app. Unfortunately their "genius" IT clowns did not decide to update this particular error that I have reported to them numerous times since August. 😡😡

Name:  IMG_1825.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  315.5 KB
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Does this garbage app still not auto load your flights associated with AP#?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
It doesn't, but then again, do others? Unless I'm mistaken, neither UA nor LX apps (the only other two I use often enough to have an opinion on) offer an "auto-load" feature. They do, mercifully, allow you to associate a booking to your profile -- which allows it to show up in the app -- but it's not really an automated process.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: AC*A
Is anyone else no longer able to select seats on the iPhone version? For both Aeroplan/Revenue tickets...
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Orcair
Is anyone else no longer able to select seats on the iPhone version? For both Aeroplan/Revenue tickets...
Well my post,#95....the pic refers to the error that comes up when you try to preview seat availability in J....the preview function works for economy but not J...so I never go further to try to select/book a seat on the app....I just head to the actual AC website.

For years I used the app to check, book flights and actually purchase tickets and select my seats at time of purchase, online, it was extremely quick,convenient and I could always be sure of getting my preffered seat.

Unfortunately since August this error has been in place, making the app unusable for me, which pis*es me off!!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
It's been able to do it for months, as long as you've signed in with your mobile+ account and have associated your Aeroplan number.

It even shows FP and Aeroplan bookings.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Genetk44
Well my post,#95....the pic refers to the error that comes up when you try to preview seat availability in J....the preview function works for economy but not J...so I never go further to try to select/book a seat on the app....I just head to the actual AC website.

For years I used the app to check, book flights and actually purchase tickets and select my seats at time of purchase, online, it was extremely quick,convenient and I could always be sure of getting my preffered seat.

Unfortunately since August this error has been in place, making the app unusable for me, which pis*es me off!!
Before reading this I previewed J not ten minutes ago on a YYZ-YYC flight. So it is at least partly working.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's been able to do it for months, as long as you've signed in with your mobile+ account and have associated your Aeroplan number.

It even shows FP and Aeroplan bookings.
That feature doesn't work for me - on iOS.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
That feature doesn't work for me - on iOS.
Huh weird.

I wouldn't expect that to be platform-dependent
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by ridefar
Before reading this I previewed J not ten minutes ago on a YYZ-YYC flight. So it is at least partly working.
You previewed the J class seat availabilty on the mobile app? What kind of mobile device were you using??
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by ffsim
It doesn't, but then again, do others? Unless I'm mistaken, neither UA nor LX apps (the only other two I use often enough to have an opinion on) offer an "auto-load" feature. They do, mercifully, allow you to associate a booking to your profile -- which allows it to show up in the app -- but it's not really an automated process.
I know at least that AA does. It's an extraordinarily silly oversight to not load your customers purchases into the app they use to directly manage said purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.