Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold

After going through an overnight update, the updated Aeroplan website asks you to update your password and then asks you to verify your e-mail (which is never sent). This makes logging into any of Aeroplan, Air Canada, or Altitude websites impossible. Has anyone had any success in logging in after the update?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
The Aeroplan app doesn't work either. It asks you to update yet there is no update available. There is an update for the Flight Pass app but the verification email is not sent either.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: UA 1K
Got the password changed. But not getting the verification email. I have resent that a number of times but not seeing it in my inbox or spam folder.

Quick answer, not working for me.

Update to this: I just received and email that my account info has changed. Probably the change of password. But no verification email. Guess they didn't test this part of the update.

Last edited by gl89; Sep 10, 2019 at 6:11 am
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lewis_m
The Aeroplan app doesn't work either. It asks you to update yet there is no update available. There is an update for the Flight Pass app but the verification email is not sent either.
The Aeroplan app updated for me, but as you said no verification email. AC/Aeroplan IT at its finest.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
After going through an overnight update, the updated Aeroplan website asks you to update your password and then asks you to verify your e-mail (which is never sent). This makes logging into any of Aeroplan, Air Canada, or Altitude websites impossible. Has anyone had any success in logging in after the update?
I went through the update on the Aeroplan app (iPhone). Same process. Received the email to confirm the account and new password (still no special character allowed for the password though ) and everything was fine. Logged out and logged back in and was sent a verification code.

I just tried the website and I was sent a verification code after entering username/password. This time, the verification code went to my junk email folder. So check your junk folder.

I noticed that the TouchID and FaceID option for login is gone. Hopefully this will be added back eventually.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: E35K
It worked for me doing it on a computer through the Aeroplan site. The verification email was received immediately in my Gmail, albeit in my junk folder despite all of my Aeroplan emails going to a certain folder.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:24 am
Original Poster

I have continued to try it both on my laptop and the app - no success as no e-mail is sent.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:40 am

Website prompted for password change and confirmed my email address. Never received the verification email though.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:40 am

No issues changing the password on the Air Canada site, and new one worked fine on Altitude and Aeroplan.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Password reset worked for me on desktop. Able to access Aeroplan and Altitude. No updated Aeroplan app on Android though.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Final step of password reset is to have a verification code sent to your email. THIS PART IS NOT WORKING!
--
13F
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Not receiving the email here and I am checking Junk too
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by hkskyline
Website prompted for password change and confirmed my email address. Never received the verification email though.
Same here, yet I did get an e mail saying this (yet I did not update any contact information, but did update password due to their new rules).

Hi XXXX, we see that you've updated
your Aeroplan contact information.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: AC SE, IHG Diamond
Same. No email sent.

Edit: Interestingly the new password works on the Aeroplan site, but I can't log in on the Air Canada site itself. Fantastic.

Last edited by bid.shader; Sep 10, 2019 at 7:04 am Reason: updated info
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Got the verification email, hit the link and got a message it had expired. Got a new one sent and same thing. However, I went back to the login page and was able to log in with new password. Inspiring

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.