Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
I could not retrieve a boarding pass for which I had done a web check-in this morning,
Yesterday while traveling, it also popped up a message that could not retrieve a boarding pass that time my check-in was by the regular app. (Android)
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The new app gives me a notification whenever ANYTHING changes with the booking. "Booking ABC123 has been updated with new information"

Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me what the new information is. Sometimes it's because I've requested an upgrade.

Other times, like now, it's because two segments fell off an Aeroplan PNR because Aeroplan didn't re-ticket it in time. So I'm very happy that the notification came, but it would have saved a bit of time if it told me why.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Other times, like now, it's because two segments fell off an Aeroplan PNR because Aeroplan didn't re-ticket it in time. So I'm very happy that the notification came, but it would have saved a bit of time if it told me why.
Ugh are you serious? AC segments at least? Allowing this to happen on OAL segments is just....
Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Ugh are you serious? AC segments at least? Allowing this to happen on OAL segments is just....
I'm serious, but there's another more appropriate front page thread where I mentioned the details.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Are the issues with accessing digital status cards still ongoing?

I cannot access my card on the app right now, the app just seems to be laid out very poorly overall.

Update: Contacted AC Altitude on Twitter, "we are aware of problems with accessing digital cards on the app since the most recent update"

Last edited by codfather; Oct 18, 2019 at 7:34 am
Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by codfather
Are the issues with accessing digital status cards still ongoing?

I cannot access my card on the app right now, the app just seems to be laid out very poorly overall.

Update: Contacted AC Altitude on Twitter, "we are aware of problems with accessing digital cards on the app since the most recent update"
It's not an issue per se. They knowingly removed that feature from the app.

If they add it back, there will be an app release, and I'm sure the release notes will highlight the addition. Or, they'll just wait until their new app is ready for primetime.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330

If they add it back, there will be an app release, and I'm sure the release notes will highlight the addition. Or, they'll just wait until their new app is ready for primetime.
I find this so weird...

Why would they first remove physical cards for P25K, and now they remove digital cards for all status levels? Seems like a step in the wrong direction to me!

Another "enhancement" I would presume!
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: *$ Green
So what happens if you are a digital card only person?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330

It'll be in the new app. I wouldn't expect any updates to the old one at this point unless there's a security issue they need to fix.

I find this so weird...

Why would they first remove physical cards for P25K, and now they remove digital cards for all status levels? Seems like a step in the wrong direction to me!

Another "enhancement" I would presume!
Yeah, it's a shame they had to turn off Mobile+ before the new system was ready to go.

I don't think digital status card is even in my top 3 of missing features right now, But that means there are at least 3 other crucial things I want. Though basically everything revolves around "I want to be able to sign in".

- Sync my bookings automatically
- Fill in my passport details for check-in
- View standby list (this doesn't require signing in) (only missing in the new beta)
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:33 pm

It'll be in the new app. I wouldn't expect any updates to the old one at this point unless there's a security issue they need to fix.

Yeah, it's a shame they had to turn off Mobile+ before the new system was ready to go.

I don't think digital status card is even in my top 3 of missing features right now, But that means there are at least 3 other crucial things I want. Though basically everything revolves around "I want to be able to sign in".

- Sync my bookings automatically
- Fill in my passport details for check-in
- View standby list (this doesn't require signing in) (only missing in the new beta)
Not sure why I didn't notice that the big thing missing is Mobile+

Now, this is all very true, but I was only thinking of the card because I just qualified

DYKWIA! I have Prestige status!!! Ahahahahaha

Do we have any idea when the new app is coming online?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:34 pm

Not sure why I didn't notice that the big thing missing is Mobile+

Now, this is all very true, but I was only thinking of the card because I just qualified

DYKWIA! I have Prestige status!!! Ahahahahaha

Do we have any idea when the new app is coming online?
The new app exists, so if the question is "when will I be able to sign in?" I don't have an answer. But it will be before it leaves beta.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:35 pm

The new app exists, so if the question is "when will I be able to sign in?" I don't have an answer. But it will be before it leaves beta.
Oh okay! And yes this is exactly what I was thinking. I find it very peculiar that no sign-in function exists.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
I just got a pop up on the old app to try out the new beta one. It is surprising since they didn't do any update since the launch.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by lewis_m
I just got a pop up on the old app to try out the new beta one. It is surprising since they didn't do any update since the launch.
If you try to download the beta it will not let you. Produces a message saying "we have reached the maximum number of participants for our beta..." or something like that.

Ugh I also wanted to try it
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:34 pm

Should we have a new thread for this?

On another matter, I really hope they push out a new beta this week. I ran into a few issues last weekend, and I have a bunch of flights coming up again this weekend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.