Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada iPhone app

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: AC SE
Pardon my French, but am I the only one who can’t seem to manage my seats on the app?

I have reported this issue in the past but have not seen any improvement so far.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
It's not just you. I haven't been able to manage my seats on the app for the past few months at least.
Old May 12, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by kenlor
It's not just you. I haven't been able to manage my seats on the app for the past few months at least.
That would be a few months better than the rest of us. This feature has *never* worked for me. Like most of the app actually. Despite updating it every week or so with "bug fixes" it continues to be the buggiest, crappiest app on my phone, and by far and away the buggiest app I have ever seen from a major corporation. It is truly embarrassing for AC.
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by ridefar
That would be a few months better than the rest of us. This feature has *never* worked for me. Like most of the app actually. Despite updating it every week or so with "bug fixes" it continues to be the buggiest, crappiest app on my phone, and by far and away the buggiest app I have ever seen from a major corporation. It is truly embarrassing for AC.
I am not hugely critical of AC, but the ios app is truly terrible. I am astounded that the app has been basically non-functional for 6-9 months, with no fix in sight.

They have done a great job with the flight pass app, but that development team has apparently not been tasked with fixing/replacing the main app!
Old May 12, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
This thing has become basically unusable for me. I happen to be on a VIA train with time to kill today, so was able to wait through the absolute pain of trying to do a check-in, where EVERY field takes ~20-30+ seconds to open up.

It's the first time I've been able to check in on the app for probably six months. It is brutal.

To say nothing of the fact that there is no way to see one's Altitude account either. Although of course it would take 2 minutes to open anyway :/
Old May 14, 2019, 10:07 am

I am sorry if this was answered in the past but I can't bear myself to read all 50 pages!

Does anyone know what it means when someone shows up on the standby list under economy, premium economy and business? Do these refer to passengers whom missed previous day's flight, or are they trying to get out early? Specifically today on AC007 to HKG, there are 14 passengers on standby for both business and premium economy that are all the same names. These asme names also appear on the economy standby as well.

TIA!
Old May 14, 2019, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by spriteguy
I am sorry if this was answered in the past but I can't bear myself to read all 50 pages!

Does anyone know what it means when someone shows up on the standby list under economy, premium economy and business? Do these refer to passengers whom missed previous day's flight, or are they trying to get out early? Specifically today on AC007 to HKG, there are 14 passengers on standby for both business and premium economy that are all the same names. These asme names also appear on the economy standby as well.

TIA!
It means they're listed with an explicit priority for multiple cabins. This usually means they're a non-rev on a J-eligible booking, but they're are "tricks" work eUps that result in revenue passengers appearing the same way (though I'm unsure if you can do 3 cabins, or just 2).
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
So annoying when I check in on the app and press Exit, it says "check in now".
Close the app, open again and it says "check in now". When I start that process, it says "already checked in; no longer travelling?"
Do that twice. Go to website, check in. It says "already checked in; no longer travelling?"
Neither check in method generates email such as boarding pass.
App option to load upcoming boarding passes for this PNR says "this boarding pass has expired".
Web check in generates a document on the web page that confirms completed check-in. Obviously, this origin does not participate in phone boarding passes and you have to pick up paper ones, but none of the messages the app generates makes that at all clear.
I have had the Exit --> Check in now on other flights where I *did* get a wallet boarding pass, also.
Is this a known feature?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: AC*SE, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Since the Aeroplan/AirCanada website change and discontinuation of Mobile+ - is anyone able to add their Aeroplan number to the Air Canada app and have it pull up all your flight bookings and show your status level?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by BarrieTravelGuy
Since the Aeroplan/AirCanada website change and discontinuation of Mobile+ - is anyone able to add their Aeroplan number to the Air Canada app and have it pull up all your flight bookings and show your status level?
@BarrieTravelGuy
There are multiple concurrent threads with posts that discuss this. So you might have to read these. There are many experiences from others and also screen shots. Let's just say that it has not been the seamless experience AC "imagined" it might be.

This page in this thread

The newly redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (July 2016)

And this thread itself. Start with this page of posts on Sept 10, the change date, and continue to end of the thread.

Aeroplan and Website Update for September 10, 2019

Hope this helps, but the answer to your question is no for many of us. You can add in your PNRs manually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.