Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Premiere Elite - YEG
Got to say I am surprised anyone would book via the app given its current workflow (no flight passes) and limited information (all flight options, aircraft type, e-up). Would do all my bookings here if fixed.
Speaking of flight passes, I wanted to buy one last year but every time I went to the page it was blank (showed the header and footer but main part blank). So I ended up flying Eva. I looked at it again a week or two ago and was similar. Does it just fail on chrome?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Speaking of flight passes, I wanted to buy one last year but every time I went to the page it was blank (showed the header and footer but main part blank). So I ended up flying Eva. I looked at it again a week or two ago and was similar. Does it just fail on chrome?
Incognito mode. Always. For everything (on AC).
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Incognito mode. Always. For everything (on AC).
I'm sorry. Are you saying "Use Incognito mode for everything on AC" or "Because you are using Incognito mode, this is happening"?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by The smallest state
I'm sorry. Are you saying "Use Incognito mode for everything on AC" or "Because you are using Incognito mode, this is happening"?
AC handles cookies and other leftovers from your last session poorly. So launch incognito mode on your browser and then go to AC anything.

I follow this rule. Burned when I forget.

I wonder how much business they lose due to this?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
AC handles cookies and other leftovers from your last session poorly. So launch incognito mode on your browser and then go to AC anything.

I follow this rule. Burned when I forget.

I wonder how much business they lose due to this?
Canadiancow and Cozmo456. Currently at work so using IE. However, I have burnt time, I mean probably hours going to AC pages without anything but headers, blank screens, endless loading............just time wasting, mind numbingly frustrating crud.

Thank you for this suggestion. Why doesn't AC fix this? Oh ya, they'd have to listen to the customer to figure out the problem exists.

GREAT JOB both.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by arf04
This is a good one. I'm trying to price out a YQR-YYZ-YYT-LHR flight mostly just to see what it will come up with for a fare. I have flown to LHR this route before and it was actually lots of fun and there's no risk of missing the YYT-LHR leg. But you'd have to be able to book it first...
April 26th 2018 is a Thursday. Not a Wednesday.
but I don't understand why it's sold out of all bar Lat fares this far ahead. Seems rather odd.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by The smallest state
I'm saying "use it, or this type of issue will occur".
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:05 am

I'm saying "use it, or this type of issue will occur".
Thanks. I tried this last night after work and no issues at all. Further to Cozmo's post, you have to wonder how much business this has affected/effected at AC.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:26 pm

Massive web booking improvements?

I didn't see a thread with the word "website" in the title in 2017 that looked like it fit this, so here we go.

Aside from being able to search and book all my EYW itineraries on AC.com (not possible in previous years), this morning, I did something even crazier.

I clicked "change flight", selected one segment (SFO-YVR), searched, picked the same flight in J (P), and it let me pay ~$100 (no change fee because I'm going Y to J).

And it maintained my 15% discount.

Not much different than what UA has done for years, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

My typical reaction when I realize I want to change something is "oh I better call in", but the website seems pretty good about it these days.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Yes, aside from the slow response time, the new website actually does price out multi city itineraries correctly now (which wasn't the case for the last few years). There are some improvements in the new website for sure.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:07 pm

I didn't see a thread with the word "website" in the title in 2017 that looked like it fit this, so here we go.

Aside from being able to search and book all my EYW itineraries on AC.com (not possible in previous years), this morning, I did something even crazier.

I clicked "change flight", selected one segment (SFO-YVR), searched, picked the same flight in J (P), and it let me pay ~$100 (no change fee because I'm going Y to J).

Not much different than what UA has done for years, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

My typical reaction when I realize I want to change something is "oh I better call in", but the website seems pretty good about it these days.
Am I understanding this correctly - we can now upfare via the website? No need to call in?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by musicmtl
Am I understanding this correctly - we can now upfare via the website? No need to call in?
Correct.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

You of all people here applaud mediocrity?

Wow the AC website is up and running! Let's start a thread!

All kidding aside, hallelujah for FINALLY having this decade-late functionality.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YYT82
Yes, aside from the slow response time, the new website actually does price out multi city itineraries correctly now (which wasn't the case for the last few years). There are some improvements in the new website for sure.
It most certainly did not for me, as recently as two weeks ago. The call centre agent who actually ended up booking it correctly didn’t seem surprised. Maybe the website prefers some routings over others
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by ffsim
It most certainly did not for me, as recently as two weeks ago. The call centre agent who actually ended up booking it correctly didn’t seem surprised. Maybe the website prefers some routings over others
Multi-city domestic itineraries still don't price out correctly, but international ones certainly do. I have done it several times when Matrix Powertools can't force AC website to book the itineraries I found, and then I just build multi-city on AC.com and choose my fare class. As you go through the steps it will show you fare classes all over the map, but once you pick your final segments they all priced out correctly (as ones I found using Matrix based on my experience). Maybe I got lucky, but I booked at least four international itineraries successfully this way, so I must give AC IT some credit. (Don't get me wrong, they still suck for the most part.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.